first time cruiser guidance needed

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
Hi All
I am hoping to book a cruise in the next month but cannot decide whether to do a 4 5 or 7 day . There is about a £800(approx $1200)difference between the 4 and the 7 day but having never done a cruise I was wondering if 7 would be too long.Was thinking of western cruise.There will be me DB DD8 and my mom who is 71 and will be a suprise for her.She will think we are doing 2 weeks in orlando the we are going to suprise her.She is not well and this is something she has always wanted to do but never had the money,so we are paying for her as a thankyou for all she has done. Also regards cabins obviosly we need to keep costs down but is it worth the extra for a porthole? I have read on here some think that the virtual porthole is fine as not much time spent in the room. The window does sound nice though and I think there is a little more room in the ocean view cabins. Is there a deck you would avoid ie decks 1 or 2 or does it not matter. My momm has a wheelchiir so would we need a special cabin?Lastly do DCL ever have a sale or offers on and am I wise to book early?
Sorry for all the questions but want to book soon.I am looking at end Nov /Dec 2011 depending on cruise dates.
Thanks

OK well what I would say is that if you end up loving cruising, a 4 night will seem way too short once youre on it but its a good introduction to cruising. If you are doing a 4 night I definately don't think its worth paying for a porthole but its all down to personal preference on this one. I like inside rooms.

You would need a wheelchair accessible cabin and to complete a medical sheet which I'm not sure whether this needs to be completed by her doctor or not.

If you book early and its before Full Payment date any offer that comes up you can switch your reservation to. We did this for our cruise last year at least. They do have offers such as Florida discounts, Military rates, kids cruise free etc occassionally so always worth keeping an eye out.

we started with a 4 night which was a great introduction, but we were really rushed to do everything. Our second one was a 7 night which was more relaxed. 4 days are a great intro cruise and if you have the energy to keep moving and money is tight, you'll be ok with it.

Do you need your whole 2 week holiday in WDW or are you willing to give up half for the cruise? Have you been there before? 7 and 7 would be good. You might feel slightly rushed on land but probably feel better not rushing on the ship.

Do you need your whole 2 week holiday in WDW or are you willing to give up half for the cruise? Have you been there before? 7 and 7 would be good. You might feel slightly rushed on land but probably feel better not rushing on the ship.
Yes have done the world 9 times but never cruised. It will probably be my moms last american holiday due to health reasons and she has always dreamed of doing a cruise so this will be a suprise for her. I would like to do the 7 night but promised DD she could do discovery cove and busch gdns this time as never done them then there is IOA as my mom is a harry potter fan so thats 3 days gone and just 5 days at disney is a bit short. Have decided to go for the 4 night. Decisions decisions:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter