First Time Couple Trip & Fiancee's First Time!

girlwiththefro

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

My fiancee and I are planning a trip for late this year and I need some advice! This will be my 8th time going but it will be my first couples trip. However, and most importantly, this will be my partner's first time! As a mega disney world fan, this is so exciting because he has literally no concept of knowing how magical the experience actually will be.

So.... what are essential attractions/shows/experiences that one must do for their first time?

Also, what are some special things to do as a couple in the parks? What are some romantic things to do?

Thanks for any input! ♡♡♡

I think the best way to make a trip magical for a first-timer is to tailor the plans to their favorite things. The first time I took my (now) husband, I made sure to emphasize his favorite things.... thrill rides, cocktails, and good food.... and it wasn't long before he became a mega Disney World fan himself. If I had taken him to see all the musical shows, he would have never wanted to go back. :rotfl:So I would just say to plan to their preference, but also throw in a few of your personal favorites because when they see your joy/enthusiasm, it will be infectious. This is why we still ride Figment multiple times every trip, because it is one of my favorites and he likes seeing me so ridiculously giddy when we ride it!

That said, some places/thing few like as a couple:
Fireworks in front of the castle @ MK
Walking animal paths @ AK
Sit on a bench and watch streetmosphere performers @ HS
Trader Sam's
AbracadaBar - and watching performers @ the Boardwalk
A romantic signature meal if it fits your budget, especially Jiko

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

My fiancee and I are planning a trip for late this year and I need some advice! This will be my 8th time going but it will be my first couples trip. However, and most importantly, this will be my partner's first time! As a mega disney world fan, this is so exciting because he has literally no concept of knowing how magical the experience actually will be.

So.... what are essential attractions/shows/experiences that one must do for their first time?

Also, what are some special things to do as a couple in the parks? What are some romantic things to do?

Thanks for any input! ♡♡♡
The Electrical Water Pageant is a good one to include in your plans & bonus points if you can plan to see it without letting your fiance' know what is about to happen.
If he is really into something specific, for example gardening/landscaping, make some time to show him the topiaries or spend some time at the gardens in Canada, etc. Whatever he likes, you can find something at Disney to match his interest. The pre-planning is fun, try to get him involved.
Try to remember the first thing you do in the parks as a couple & repeat that on future visits...it will become more & more special over time.

I think this kinda hinges on your budget. Because some will throw out a dinner at Le Cellier (heavens, yes!) but if you can't afford it, you'll need a Plan B.

My DH and I have been to WDW 3 times. That said, we LOVE it because we make time to just be with each other. I learned on the first trip that mega-loading the FP and schedule gave us Every.Single.Experience, but it left us drained. Now, we make the FP's spread out. And take time to look down the paths. Last time, we watched the sunset at MK across from Tom Sawyer's island. Was my twitchy "We can be in line for a ride" side itching? Yes! But looking back, that was my favorite moment of the trip.

That said, we aren't foodies, so a special dining experience isn't high on our list. DH's favorite memories were making an EM breakfast reservation in MK and getting to walk down Main Street when it's mostly empty. He held my hand and it was perfect (despite the kid who stepped into our pic...). @squeezle has GREAT suggestions about JUST being there. Also, if he's a Star Wars fan, try to get front row spots at HS for the March of the First Order. We didn't even know what we were there for, just stood on the tape and were giggling so hard being nose to nose with Stormtroopers!

I'm in the same boat - my boyfriend has never been and I'm the process of planning now! I second what everyone else has said, just consider his interests and seek out experiences he would enjoy. Don't focus so much on the best "Disney" stuff, find the best stuff for him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter