First test sailing of Wish canceled

I wonder- just speculation- if here’s an crew Covid outbreak going around the ship. That would be a reason let it burn through before guests get on board.. Very possible seeing that this crew group most likely just got together a couple weeks for the transatlantic crossing.
Would that cause them to fail their coast guard inspection? I can't imagine it would. I think that a Covid outbreak would be under CDC jurisdiction.

have they rescheduled the sailings?
No; these were test/preview sailings by invite only. There are no similar cruises or empty dates before she sails to move those folks to - they would have to give away paying cabins. The folks who reported being on the cancelled cruises made no mention of any future plans, just that they were out of luck.

No; these were test/preview sailings by invite only. There are no similar cruises or empty dates before she sails to move those folks to - they would have to give away paying cabins. The folks who reported being on the cancelled cruises made no mention of any future plans, just that they were out of luck.
DCL is allowing castmembers who were scheduled to be on the canceled preview cruises to rebook on future Wish cruises.

July 25 and July 29 still shows zero availability on Wish but then on Aug 1 there is suddenly a good amount of cabins for that sailing and on other sailings in August. I would guess is possible DCL being cautious not taking more July bookings just in case delayed or not fully ready for best experience

Attachments

• 56981508-77CA-41C8-98A8-1973BFEF596D.jpeg
    56981508-77CA-41C8-98A8-1973BFEF596D.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 8
July 25 and July 29 still shows zero availability on Wish but then on Aug 1 there is suddenly a good amount of cabins for that sailing and on other sailings in August. I would guess is possible DCL being cautious not taking more July bookings just in case delayed or not fully ready for best experience
Schools also start going back in early August. The Maiden is the 14th and DVC the 19th which leaves only July 22nd & 29th 3 nights and the 25th for 4 nights in July. I could easily see those first three being full, especially if the accommodated folks from the cancelled CM preview cruises to them.

I wonder- just speculation- if here’s an crew Covid outbreak going around the ship. That would be a reason let it burn through before guests get on board.. Very possible seeing that this crew group most likely just got together a couple weeks for the transatlantic crossing.
I can confirm this is not the case. Some vendors in Eemshaven didnt work as hard as Disney thought they would. Therefore they had to find new contractors to complete the work at the other side of the world. these vendors are sleeping in actual staterooms so the combo of not having finished certain areas and the combination with needing a whole bunch of staterooms...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter