First seating and watching the Superbowl?

We did Option 2 as well on the Fantasy last year while watching our Pats win it all!

The pool deck is such an awesome place to watch the Superbowl, and it can fill up pretty quickly so I would suggest skipping the MDR that night if you are highly vested in getting good seating up there for the game.
We did Option 2 as well on the Fantasy last year while watching our Pats win it all!

The pool deck is such an awesome place to watch the Superbowl, and it can fill up pretty quickly so I would suggest skipping the MDR that night if you are highly vested in getting good seating up there for the game.

No, that would be too hard to pre-plan. They had pub food, wings, chile, nachos, chips, dips, sub-sandwiches , veggies in the family lounge, lots of food.

We were there that year too!! BEST CRUISE EVER! We had 2nd seating.... so after watching the first half (gulp), we went to dinner. Our server knew we wanted to get back to the game, so my DH was served quickly....missed maybe one or two plays! I stayed a little longer, came back to pool deck just as we made it 12-28. :)

There actually were some specials food offerings on deck and outside O'Gills for Super Bowl LI. "Atlanta Falcons Pulled Pork Sandwiches" and "New England Clam Chowder." Plus the regular football stuff mentioned above..... Oh! And a cool cake and ice sculpture. I can't remember how to link photos to this place....sigh.

We were on the ship last year. We ate early seating. The game was all over the ship with extra food put out in the adult areas and the family lounge. We just moved from area to area. The even had football food like hot dogs, Chile, chips and salsa every where. The game was also shown on funnel vision and in your stateroom.

We sail on the Wonder on Super Bowl Sunday. It will be fun to see what they have planned for the game. I'm sure we won't be able to watch all of it but should be a fun atmosphere on deck. Maybe they will show it in one of the lounges?

We always do first seating and there are nights that we are out early. Just tell your servers your plan and I would get to dinner early that night so you can your order put in quickly. It will help!

We sail on the Wonder on Super Bowl Sunday. It will be fun to see what they have planned for the game. I'm sure we won't be able to watch all of it but should be a fun atmosphere on deck. Maybe they will show it in one of the lounges?
They put a wide screen tv in the family lounge with a nice spread. Atmosphere is crazy wherever you choose to watch.

Will they show the Superbowl even if it is being broadcast on CBS this year? We will be onboard and wondering if we should forget formal night and just watch the game. We are on the Fantasy Western on February 1st. Superbowl Sunday we will be at sea.

MJ

Will they show the Superbowl even if it is being broadcast on CBS this year? We will be onboard and wondering if we should forget formal night and just watch the game. We are on the Fantasy Western on February 1st. Superbowl Sunday we will be at sea.

MJ
It's on Fox not CBS. We were on the Magic on New Years Day and they had access to all the College Bowl games without regard to what network they were on. I suspect they buy into a TV package on the satellite system. They'd lose a lot of money on booze sales if they didn't have the Super Bowl on Board, so worth whatever the cost would be to access the game. I suspect all the cruise lines get their TV satellite systems from the same third party company. The fact that Disney owns ABC isn't a factor. The sports package this third party offers probably includes all major sporting events.

Last edited:
It's on Fox not CBS. We were on the Magic on New Years Day and they had access to all the College Bowl games without regard to what network they were on. I suspect they buy into a TV package on the satellite system. They'd lose a lot of money on booze sales if they didn't have the Super Bowl on Board, so worth whatever the cost would be to access the game. I suspect all the cruise lines get their TV satellite systems from the same third party company. The fact that Disney owns ABC isn't a factor. The sports package this third party offers probably includes all major sporting events.

Thank you.....oops...I googled 2019 superbowl network...not 2020!

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter