First Med Cruise - Our excellent adventure!

We're taking the Med cruise in August 2013. We were going to just swallow hard and pay for the DCL excursions, but your excellent report has given me the courage to go DIY. I'm combing through all the trip reports and info I can. Thanks!
JoAnn

I'm glad I could help, JoAnn! We are mostly going it on our own again in June this year! :)

texasgirl29 - It's a lot more work but I encourage you to either do private shore excursions or plan things on your own. We went in Aug 2011 and did 1 day on our own, 2 days with Romeinlimo and 1 excursion through Disney. Disney's was fine but it was by far the least favorite day for us. I highly recommend romeinlimo. For our family of 4, it was about $100 more in total than doing a Disney excursion and both days were amazing! Cruisecritic.com also has a lot of good planning info on their message boards under "Ports of Call".

I've just been reading this a second time as we head off to the Med again this summer. I hope your going to another report on this years trip, so I can get lots more tips for my next adventure in July.

I've just been reading this a second time as we head off to the Med again this summer. I hope your going to another report on this years trip, so I can get lots more tips for my next adventure in July.

Thank you for reading heatherbelle! I will definitely write one. Most of my trip reports are on another board but someone from this cruise had asked me to cut and paste it over here to, so I did. I'm not a big fan of people who cut and paste the exact same trip report on multiple forums, but if it will help people with planning I will try to remember to do it this time too! :)

I know I am crazy late to this party, but wow what a great report. I am SO sold on a Med cruise now!! Thanks so much.

Hi, just wanted to add my voice to the many and say thank you for such a great trip report. We are going on our first cruise ever in August on the Magic and it was just so great to read what you had to say about everything! I have really been in two minds about what to do about excursions and you have made me feel a whole lot better. The Disney excursions seem very expensive and I know, as a family, we would like some time on our own too. I think we may do the Rome excursion and do everything else ourselves...it will be an adventure! Looking forward to reading your trip report from June as we do not leave until August - it will be great to get some more helpful tips! Thanks again!

Hi, just wanted to add my voice to the many and say thank you for such a great trip report. We are going on our first cruise ever in August on the Magic and it was just so great to read what you had to say about everything! I have really been in two minds about what to do about excursions and you have made me feel a whole lot better. The Disney excursions seem very expensive and I know, as a family, we would like some time on our own too. I think we may do the Rome excursion and do everything else ourselves...it will be an adventure! Looking forward to reading your trip report from June as we do not leave until August - it will be great to get some more helpful tips! Thanks again!

I'm so glad it helped, Jen! We are doing most on our own again to save money and have flexilibty! I'm counting the days! :banana:

Excellent trip report Disneyfalcon!!! My DW and I just came across your trip report. We are going to do a med cruise and possibily a repo bring the ship back to the states. Won't be for another year or two. But reading your report and seeing your pictures, we know we definitely are going now!!! Your pictures are fantastic. Hope we get some great shots like you did. Thanks Disneyfalcon for writing your report and posting those GREAT pictures!!! Looking forward to reading your next trip report!!!:thumbsup2

Excellent trip report Disneyfalcon!!! My DW and I just came across your trip report. We are going to do a med cruise and possibily a repo bring the ship back to the states. Won't be for another year or two. But reading your report and seeing your pictures, we know we definitely are going now!!! Your pictures are fantastic. Hope we get some great shots like you did. Thanks Disneyfalcon for writing your report and posting those GREAT pictures!!! Looking forward to reading your next trip report!!!:thumbsup2

That's very nice of you David! Thank you for reading! :)

Will look forward to reading your June trip report. We are going to the Med with Disney again this summer at the end of July. Are your trip reports on Cruise Critic? If you can I would love if you could link us to them (or PM the link if it is not one you can post on the main boards)

Take care and happy cruising,
Mel
x

Will look forward to reading your June trip report. We are going to the Med with Disney again this summer at the end of July. Are your trip reports on Cruise Critic? If you can I would love if you could link us to them (or PM the link if it is not one you can post on the main boards)

Take care and happy cruising,
Mel
x

Thank you, Mel! We're leaving in 16 days! :)

I can't post it, so I'll PM you.

Over 3 yrs later and all I can say is thank you for this report! What a fabulous trip! I was trying to decide on the Alaska 9 nighter or a Med trip for next year (Alaska won out with my 4yo DS vote) but the Med is sooooo on my radar as well, though likely not until 2015 :( I sure hope your next trip will have a report that I can find. I've just not wanted to work today, Monday, and decided to randomly read trip reports and found yours! YEAH! I hope you will post here when you get your next one up :)

On that note I will pm you these questions as well in case you can't post the info here. But I see you rented your lens. I would LOVE to do that for our Alaska trip. Where did you do this? Some place local or do you know of somewhere online who does the same thing? Also, I'd love to see your TR of Alaska, could I please have the link!!!

Thanks. Can't wait to see the next trip!

Over 3 yrs later and all I can say is thank you for this report! What a fabulous trip! I was trying to decide on the Alaska 9 nighter or a Med trip for next year (Alaska won out with my 4yo DS vote) but the Med is sooooo on my radar as well, though likely not until 2015 :( I sure hope your next trip will have a report that I can find. I've just not wanted to work today, Monday, and decided to randomly read trip reports and found yours! YEAH! I hope you will post here when you get your next one up :)

On that note I will pm you these questions as well in case you can't post the info here. But I see you rented your lens. I would LOVE to do that for our Alaska trip. Where did you do this? Some place local or do you know of somewhere online who does the same thing? Also, I'd love to see your TR of Alaska, could I please have the link!!!

Thanks. Can't wait to see the next trip!

Thank you for reading, pequele!! :)

We loved our Alaskan cruise too. It was my son's favorite cruise to date, although he hasn't done the Med yet!

I'll pm you the link for Alaska!

We leave Thursday for our next Med adventure! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter