First Mammogram

So relieved to report that my mammogram and ultrasound came back with no signs of cancer. Seems like the lump is benign. Thank you all for your support and for listening. Best wishes to everyone still waiting for news.

Excellent news!!!!!

So relieved to report that my mammogram and ultrasound came back with no signs of cancer. Seems like the lump is benign. Thank you all for your support and for listening. Best wishes to everyone still waiting for news.

:banana::banana::banana: That is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for letting us know.

:yay::yay: What wonderful news, so pleased for you that everything turned out OK.:hug:

Quasar

I know that this is an older thread, but I stumbled on it today. Everyone seems really nice here and well.... I went for my first mammogram last week. My doctor's office called me back to tell me that everything was fine. So, I'm thinking great.

Wrong. The radiologists office said that they need me to come back in for more images and possibly an ultrasound. I was livid with my doctor's office. Why would they call me and tell me that everything is fine when it wasn't. Well, apparently the girl didn't know how to read the report or something.

Talked with the head nurse and she said that this is quite normal with a first mammogram. Of course, I'm freaking out. Can't eat. And I barely slept last night. From what I'm reading here this appears to be normal, but just wanted to ask if you could possibly keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It would be much appreciated.

I know that this is an older thread, but I stumbled on it today. Everyone seems really nice here and well.... I went for my first mammogram last week. My doctor's office called me back to tell me that everything was fine. So, I'm thinking great.

Wrong. The radiologists office said that they need me to come back in for more images and possibly an ultrasound. I was livid with my doctor's office. Why would they call me and tell me that everything is fine when it wasn't. Well, apparently the girl didn't know how to read the report or something.

Talked with the head nurse and she said that this is quite normal with a first mammogram. Of course, I'm freaking out. Can't eat. And I barely slept last night. From what I'm reading here this appears to be normal, but just wanted to ask if you could possibly keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It would be much appreciated.

Sorry about the second call and unfortunate that the first call was an error too. (not sure if that sounds right but you know what I mean). Wish you had just gotten the good to go letter/call and be done with it. It is hard not to panic - we all do it. Hang in there - it happens a lot and not just the first time. Keep us posted. Keeping you in my prayers.

I will most certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult it is, and the waiting (for me) is the worst part. Do you have an upcoming appointment? I might have missed that.

THoughts and prayers.:hug:

Well, I went for my second mammogram today. I was a nervous wreck. Well, they took some additional images and then had me wait back in the room where everyone was waiting.

Well, after about 10 minutes, the girl came and got me. Then, she told me to get dressed and then told me to go wait in the room at the end of the hall.

About two or three minutes later, the radiologist game to talk to me. She asked me how I was doing and I told her that I had been better. She smiled and told me that she had good news for me. Apparently what they had seen was simply a skin mole that they hadn't tagged before. And the lumps and bumps were simply my skin folding over itself. Strange.

Then she told me that everything was fine and I was good to go. I was so relieved that I started crying. I felt foolish afterwards, but I'd been holding it in all week and it just came out. All at once.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I had good news to report.

Thanks for being so understanding and nice.

Well, I went for my second mammogram today. I was a nervous wreck. Well, they took some additional images and then had me wait back in the room where everyone was waiting.

Well, after about 10 minutes, the girl came and got me. Then, she told me to get dressed and then told me to go wait in the room at the end of the hall.

About two or three minutes later, the radiologist game to talk to me. She asked me how I was doing and I told her that I had been better. She smiled and told me that she had good news for me. Apparently what they had seen was simply a skin mole that they hadn't tagged before. And the lumps and bumps were simply my skin folding over itself. Strange.

Then she told me that everything was fine and I was good to go. I was so relieved that I started crying. I felt foolish afterwards, but I'd been holding it in all week and it just came out. All at once.

I am so happy you received great news! What a relief!!!!!!

Oh that's FANTASTIC.:banana:.. I understand the crying part totally. It is a huge release to let it all out. No need to feel foolish..:hug:

Thank you for the great update. It thrills me to hear such news.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
So pleased that everything worked out fine, it is so stressful waiting for medical tests.

Now go and put your feet up and relax:grouphug:

Quasar

My mom died from breast cancer in 2003. I found a lump in my breast 2 years ago. My gynecologist saw me first thing the next day and then had me go directly to get a mammogram and ultrasound done. From the ultrasound and the movement of the mass, it was determined that it was benign, but did a biopsy while I was there and had the lab review. They put a "marker" in my breast that would show up during future mammograms. Like a chip you would put in your dog for tracking purposes. :) But I opted to have surgery to remove the mass, since it was rather large. Surgery was easy - and the scar is minimal. Scared me though!! Glad to hear yours was benign as well!

I had my first mammogram a few weeks ago and was told the doctor had found something abnormal and requested further testing. I went for my 2nd mammogram today and, again, the radiologist found a small lump, so I was immediately brought to the ultrasound room. The tech spent a good 20 minutes taking pictures. She then went to get the radiologist to go over the results with me. He then did the ultrasound again and appeared a little frustrated. He stated he could not find anything on the ultrasound, but it was definitely on the mammogram. The results were inconclusive and he requested I get another mammogram in 6 months. Should I be okay with getting a mammogram in 6 months or should I press on for further testing?

I had my first mammogram a few weeks ago and was told the doctor had found something abnormal and requested further testing. I went for my 2nd mammogram today and, again, the radiologist found a small lump, so I was immediately brought to the ultrasound room. The tech spent a good 20 minutes taking pictures. She then went to get the radiologist to go over the results with me. He then did the ultrasound again and appeared a little frustrated. He stated he could not find anything on the ultrasound, but it was definitely on the mammogram. The results were inconclusive and he requested I get another mammogram in 6 months. Should I be okay with getting a mammogram in 6 months or should I press on for further testing?

What does your OB/GYN think? Because of my mom's breast cancer and especially more so after I got a call back last year - (he advised me to go the year before that but I did not go then), he advised me to go to a breast surgeon. I went and was told everything was okay. Not sure how I would feel waiting another six months.

Personally, I would ask to go in sooner. That is me though. I like to be pro-active, and would probably have my mind running wild for the 6 months.

I'm with the others, I would be seeing someone else and getting this resolved. Six months is a long time to wait.

Sending you a big :grouphug:

Quasar

I've had a couple of days to digest my results and have decided that 6 months is absolutely too long to wait. I"ll be getting a second opinion. Thank you for helping me think this through.

I've had a couple of days to digest my results and have decided that 6 months is absolutely too long to wait. I"ll be getting a second opinion. Thank you for helping me think this through.

Hope everything works out:grouphug:

We are here anytime you would like to chat.

We all hope it's nothing of course.

I would not have waited either.

:grouphug:

Hi Ladies, I'm going to post here because so far, it seems to be a Good Luck thread. I have to go Wednesday for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. First time for me, and I'm 58. Been getting yearly mammos since I was 40.

I do have Fibrocystic breast disease. Did anyone else know that this is a precursor to breast cancer? I just recently found that out, none of my doctors ever mentioned it.

Kind of mad because I've been pretty darn good the last couple of years, diet wise. Lost 30 pounds, no longer "obese", still avoiding sugar. But then I read that it can take 10 years for a tumor to develop to the point that it shows up, so I guess two years isn't enough!

I'll report back too. I'm trying to stay calm, but not sleeping great.

Hi Ladies, I'm going to post here because so far, it seems to be a Good Luck thread. I have to go Wednesday for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. First time for me, and I'm 58. Been getting yearly mammos since I was 40.

I do have Fibrocystic breast disease. Did anyone else know that this is a precursor to breast cancer? I just recently found that out, none of my doctors ever mentioned it.

Kind of mad because I've been pretty darn good the last couple of years, diet wise. Lost 30 pounds, no longer "obese", still avoiding sugar. But then I read that it can take 10 years for a tumor to develop to the point that it shows up, so I guess two years isn't enough!

I'll report back too. I'm trying to stay calm, but not sleeping great.

Good luck - will be thinking of you :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter