First DVC Resale Contract for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

If they cost the same upfront direct and resale is restricted to only that resort…
Yeah, maybe I’m missing something but I would imagine that for the cabins at FtW and any subsequent “moderate” resorts, DVC will charge the same per point up front (or more!) but the point chart will be friendly (maybe you can get a cabin that sleeps 6 for 35 a night when a 1bed that sleeps 5 at VGF or RIV might be more like 50-60? Essentially it would allow people to buy in at the same cost per point but need far fewer points for a 1 week trip with a family of 5 or 6 (plus dog).

What makes OKW or SSR or FtW Cabins any more “deluxe” than adding some villas or bungalows at any other “moderate” resort?

OP (@pkrieger2287) - would you be willing to update the first post when something moves on this contract? Thank you!
Will do! - Nothing to report currently... I'm guessing perhaps the seller isn't as distressed as we may have thought and can wait around. Guessing the price will eventually need to drop though or the listing gets pulled.

I'm guessing perhaps the seller isn't as distressed as we may have thought
Unless I am missing something it looks like they already stripped it of current use year points and are still trying break even so I am with you on this one. That tax is a tough pill to swallow but I guess if you are from the area then employers offset these local/state taxes in your wages...I hope :-)

Unless I am missing something it looks like they already stripped it of current use year points and are still trying break even so I am with you on this one. That tax is a tough pill to swallow but I guess if you are from the area then employers offset these local/state taxes in your wages...I hope :-)
It was initially listed without the 2023 points, so no changes since the initial listing at this point. I believe there have been some offers as well (had a friend make one) but no real movement.

It was initially listed without the 2023 points, so no changes since the initial listing at this point. I believe there have been some offers as well (had a friend make one) but no real movement.
Correct and I have never bought direct for a brand new resort but I assume when they bought it that Disney did load 2023 points so the owner used them and is now selling for what they paid or close to it? Or am I missing something?

Correct and I have never bought direct for a brand new resort but I assume when they bought it that Disney did load 2023 points so the owner used them and is now selling for what they paid or close to it? Or am I missing something?
Unless they took advantage of the Magical Beginnings offer and took a rebate in lieu of the 2023 points to lower their initial purchase price.

Unless they took advantage of the Magical Beginnings offer and took a rebate in lieu of the 2023 points to lower their initial purchase price.
Either way they are trying to sell restricted points with no membership extras when they purchased unrestricted points with membership extras.

Not the same product and eventually the price will need to reflect that, IMO.

Either way they are trying to sell restricted points with no membership extras when they purchased unrestricted points with membership extras.

I was just pointing out to the other poster that you can't assume Disney loaded 2023 points, nothing more.

Last edited:

I don’t think anyone disagrees with this statement, I was just making sure I understood what they were trying to sell because I was looking at is as you stated and thought maybe my thinking was wrong but guess not 😝

$130-140 a point seems right to me for VDH Given the limited Disney options at Disneyland And the high price of VGC and the fact you get an additional 14 years of use.

$100-120 a point seems right to me for Riviera. SO many options and at the end of the day you can’t walk into a park from it.

Both are beautiful resorts (VDH I have only seen in pictures, and have stayed at the original DL hotel in the past as well), RIV I have visited in person. If I could walk to a park or take a monorail, I’d be interested in buying RIV resale. If restrictions are in the future, I’d have no objection to buying BCV2.0 for example.

$130-140 a point seems right to me for VDH Given the limited Disney options at Disneyland And the high price of VGC and the fact you get an additional 14 years of use.

$100-120 a point seems right to me for Riviera. SO many options and at the end of the day you can’t walk into a park from it.

Both are beautiful resorts (VDH I have only seen in pictures, and have stayed at the original DL hotel in the past as well), RIV I have visited in person. If I could walk to a park or take a monorail, I’d be interested in buying RIV resale. If restrictions are in the future, I’d have no objection to buying BCV2.0 for example.
But the VDH dues and TOT are 44% more per year at VDH than VGC and 43% higher than RIV…and we know that dues are a much bigger cost over the life of the contract…. it’s really an albatross on restricted resale points given that they made the point chart where they did….

It would be a lot easier if it was a 50 point contract because a current owner could just pick it up for add on points… but a 150 points contract that’s already missing a year of points…it has to be low enough that you wouldn’t just go direct VDH/AUL or resale VGC… these may sit for a while or end up getting foreclosed on if they can’t drop the price…

Price holding, I'm guessing this is something like an estate or a divorce where someone is willing to buy it out from the other(s). If they needed to sell, it would have priced better. Problem is this has no known market value, because they're the first sellers, LOL.

Is it possible this is someone who doesn’t actually want to sell but it just trying to help establish/set the price for these?

I doubt it. I just think there is no market yet for it and thus, no clue where it would land. Going to DL seems to be a smaller set of guests which puts the buyer pool even smaller than it is for RIV.

I personally think that RIV will end up at a better price than this once we get a market for them.

I doubt it. I just think there is no market yet for it and thus, no clue where it would land. Going to DL seems to be a smaller set of guests which puts the buyer pool even smaller than it is for RIV.

I personally think that RIV will end up at a better price than this once we get a market for them.
There definitely isn’t a market at $185pp…

Paul mentioned that others had made offers, but that the seller did not accept. So there is a market… we shall see…

There definitely isn’t a market at $185pp…

Paul mentioned that others had made offers, but that the seller did not accept. So there is a market… we shall see…
Sure! If I lived closer to DL I would consider buying in but it would have to be lower. Especially since the Westin right there is a good value, and DVC accommodations don’t matter as much for a 2-3 day trip.

Second VDH contract just hit the market at 180/pt. I wonder how long this one will sit. That makes two, with the first now having sat on the market for 28 days.
I don't think I saw this before but I'm now seeing a VDH resale contract that was listed in Aug 2023 (100+ days old)? Odd, did not see that before. But it looks like with this, there's 3 resale listings (and this one shows pending $190pp 1000 pts).

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/disneyland-hotel/rrz1002/
https://dvcsearch.com/dvc-resale-listing-details/?ID=6950

The Transient Tax would be a no go for me, resale or direct. Never been to DL, but the resort does look awesome.

facebook twitter