• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Disney trip in over 14 years!

bosspringsteen

Mouseketeer
Hey all, (this may be a long post....sorry! but I have many questions)

I've been lurking around here for a while ever since my girlfriend and I decided to take a trip to Disney and now I've decided to post (clearly). First off I'd like to thank a lot of you for all the great ideas that I've read for travelling and what not, they have been excellent so far. Well let me start off by saying this my gf and her family are all Disney fanatics they love everything Disney and usually go down at least once a year (that's a minimum to say the least) so she loves Disney just as much as they do (I have a feeling it runs through their veins lol.) So for the past year I've been trying to come up with ways to propose to her and about a month ago we got a DVD in the mail about taking a trip to Disney and she got all excited when i told her i don't see why we can't go. Now I haven't been down there in about 14 years and when I was i was only 9 years old so my memories are failing me quite a bit and it's not that I don't like Disney, I love it, I just rarely take vacations (hence her excitement.) But little does she know my real reason for going down, it's not for vacation it's for engagement!

So we're heading down in early February (and I'd love to give details but I won't just in case someone who knows us is reading here.) And her main thing is she has to go to the Magic Kingdom on the first day and she wants to eat at the Coral Reef in EPCOT. SO (trying my best to make a long story short...it's not working..) I planned to ask her there and I was wondering if anybody knew a special way I could do so? I know that seems so un-heartfelt (is that a word?! lol) to ask a strangers advice on this but I had a few ideas on how to do it but I thought maybe I could make them better!

I heard you could call ahead of time and they'll print your name on the menus and what not, I just want the most memorable experience for her and since I know nothing about Disney I have no idea what to go about.

Thanks for all your help!!!

I have heard you can pay a diver in the tank to hold a sign saying, Happy Birthday, etc. I don't see why you couldn't get them to have a sign asking her to marry you. I have read from other threads that the restaurants are very helpful for proposals. Good luck with the proposal.

I really don't know, but I just wanted to say how sweet you were. Hope everything goes well. Sending you lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

OKWMom said:
I have heard you can pay a diver in the tank to hold a sign saying, Happy Birthday, etc. I don't see why you couldn't get them to have a sign asking her to marry you. I have read from other threads that the restaurants are very helpful for proposals. Good luck with the proposal.
I agree they could do this for you. Good luck on your future together.

:love: What a wonderful idea! I don't know specifically either, but I've also heard about the divers in the tank at Coral Reef holding up signs. I bet if you called Coral Reef and spoke with them, they'd come up with something wonderful. Best of luck! Your soon-to-be fiancee sounds like a lucky girl! :love:

thanks so much!!! the scuba diver thing was my idea but i wasn't sure if they would do something like that!

thanks for all the wishes and ideas i really appreciate it!!! you are all the best!!!

what's the best way to go about booking the reservations for the Coral Reef? should i just call WDW-DINE or should i find a number for the restaurant itself?

thanks again for all your help! :thumbsup2

Definitely call the WDW DINE number for the ADR, but you have to wait until 180 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter