First Disney movie for 2 year old

If you really want to get into movies, I'd stay with some older, gentler things like Dumbo and Cinderella. I really think the more modern-era films are too intense/complex for really young kids who aren't ready to really grasp bigger stories.

I really disagree! :rotfl: Trying to explain why Dumbo couldn't stay with his mummy any more and why the other elephants didn't like him was so incredibly difficult! I also had to have a discussion with my 3 year old over why Anna and Elsa were upset, but that was so much easier for her to understand.

I considered just making "music videos" of the songs in the movies, since I think they would like that, but haven't had time.

There are some playlists already made on youtube which are great for this :thumbsup2

My daughter's favourites are Tangled, Frozen, The Good Dinosaur (which I'm not much of a fan of :lmao:) and recently Mary Poppins. To begin with, and still most of the time, the movies are just on in the back ground all day, we don't generally sit and watch them, but when her favourite parts come on - usually songs - she stops and watches. Just be prepared that when they start paying attention to the story they will start asking questions.

My son's first favorite Disney movie was Frozen. Then it was Cars 2 and then Cars. Then he moved on to Planes and Fire and Rescue. It has been a year and a half of him going through all of my favorites now. He is 3.5 and his current favorites are The Lion King and Toy Story 3.

Hi, like some of have said my first movie at that age was Cinderella. It's such a sweet movie with little violence plus Disney World is heavily themed on Cinderella! Plus it's also a great way to introduced her to the Princess franchise, if not then maybe Snow White or Tinker Bell? Those are really cute movies as well.

Just an update, we are sticking with Mickey Mouse club house (other Disney Jr shows, Sofia, Doc etc.) Frozen and I'm thinking I may try cars or toy story.

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter