First day, first time in disney

Stacey2grls

<font color=blue>Am currently on a "see food" diet
I was hoping for some input for our first day in Disney. We are arriving at the POR at 11:30. We have a Chef Mikey PS for 6:00. What should we do in between? Since this is our first time in disney I am clueless as to what to do. I don't want to go to one of the parks and waste one of our hopper days. Thanks any input would be great! :cool1:

We always go to Downtown Disney, but you could just stay at your hotel and hang out at the pool or go visit other hotels.

I'm sorry, but your first day, first time in disney, you absolutely have to go to MK and walk down Main Street...look at the castle! Just enjoy the experience and take it all in! MK and the castle ARE WDW to me....without seeing Main Street and the castle, I dont' feel like I've really been to Disney. Take your extra time to be there and enjoy your first time there!!! :flower:

If you really don't want to use a day of your tickets (which I understand) I would say go to some of the other resorts and look around. Go over to Grand Floridian and Polynesian, places that you can see the parks from. Enjoy the atmosphere...walk on the beaches at Poly or GF. Just see what you can...ride the ferry and the monorail etc. I would choose things that have you close to MK to get you more of the feel of the magic!!

I would walk around the POR and get a feel for the resort, we have stayed there 3 times and really love it. :goodvibes There is a wonderful boat ride from there to Downtown Disney. We like to start and end our vacations there when we don't want to waste park admission on a half day.

Also, remember to leave pretty early for the contemporary so you can look around there too! And you can ride the monorail all around to sort of get a lay to the land.

It is such a magical place! Enjoy all of it! :cloud9:

Stacey2grls said:
I was hoping for some input for our first day in Disney. We are arriving at the POR at 11:30. We have a Chef Mikey PS for 6:00. What should we do in between?

Here's my thoughts: check in and get settled - go to the pool and/or do some exploring of POR. Later in the afternoon catch a bus to MK, then catch a boat to Ft. Wilderness. There's a petting zoo, pony rides and a horse barn to see. Then catch a launch back to the Contemporary for your PS.

Enjoy!!! :teeth:

Personally, I say get checked and settled. Definetly explore your resort. It's nice when you know your way around. Maybe, swim.

I don't know if it's possible-- but see if you could possibly move that PS up closer to 5pm. That will close that gap some. Then hit DTD afterwards. There is a boat from your resort to DTD. Which I hear is a really nice ride. If you can't move the PS that's okay too. I'd still possibly check out DTD.

If you're using Disney transport you're going to need at least an hour to shuttle over to the Contemporary. Just keep that in mind.

I'm with you, I wouldn't wast a Park hopper day for the few hours you'll have in the parks. You will get some really nice glimpses of the MK when you go for your PS though.

Stacey2grls said:
I was hoping for some input for our first day in Disney. We are arriving at the POR at 11:30. We have a Chef Mikey PS for 6:00. What should we do in between? Since this is our first time in disney I am clueless as to what to do. I don't want to go to one of the parks and waste one of our hopper days. Thanks any input would be great! :cool1:

Don't know if you have kids or not but what we would probably do is either check out the resort and swim, go to DTD for awhile or maybe head to the Contemporary early and rent a boat! It's GREAT fun!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter