Antaniasmom

DISNEY FANATIC !!!
I thought it would be fun to share stories of First character meetings...whether it's you, years ago or first character for your kid (s) and is there are a character that you're constantly wanting to see that alludes you every trip.

If you want to share pics that's cool too

When I went to WDW for first trip it was 1993. I went with about 200 students from my high school for a band trip in July. We pretty much had free reign, we ran all over the place, no chaperones. I don't remember meeting any characters, I think we could hardly decide which rides to go on (6 teenage girls, really? Not good decision makers)
So when we brought our 9 yo DD for her first trip in 2015, this was my chance to do it right!!!

Our first character meet up was Phineas and Ferb in HS ☺20150620_115830.jpg

I really wanted to try and see the Villains in HS during last year's trip but I know it's hit or miss...I would love a pic with the Evil Queen and Ursula among other villians. If anyone has had this experience I would love to see pics!!!

I don't really remember, maybe Goofy? Or Terk from Tarzan in MK.

My first trip was in 1985, and the first character I met was Mickey. The pic still brings a happy tear to my eye. ::MickeyMo

I'm sure I met characters on my first trip at ten but the time that comes to mind was on my second trip at 13 in the early 90's. About 3 weeks before the trip i had been in a bad bicycle accident and broke my leg just above the ankle and my ankle. So i was in a manual wheelchair that trip. My parents took two of my siblings back to change after an ice cream disaster and left me, my sister Shan and my five year old brother Tommy at the magic kingdom. My sister asks if i could take Tommy on one ride with out her so she can get her picture drawn in liberty square. I'm pretty good at the wheelchair at that point and say sure. So I have Tommy in my lap (he was a tiny 5) and am wheeling us to the Tea Cups when we see Alice and friends come out. Tommy has his book so i start getting in line for Alice, when all of the sudden we are moving. Tweedle Dee is pushing us, he takes us around to all his friends and Tommy gets his book signed by the whole gang. It was a very special moment.

Let's keep the stories going!! I hope someone's got some pics to share!

This was the first time DD met Mickey...which is her favorite...since she was 6 months old and I brought her home her first Mickey plush from the Disney store. 20150620_140147.jpg

Let's keep this going! It's my birthday and nothing makes me happier than disney pics!! Lol I'm a dork, I know!!

It's been so long I really can't remember. But one of my favorite character memories is when my (adult) Sister made Pluto cry during dinner a GG, because she kept calling him Goofy. Oh, and another one: my 13 year old Nephew and I were having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and he said something nonsensical to Alice, and she looked him right in the eye and said "I have no idea what you are talking about".

:rotfl2:
It's been so long I really can't remember. But one of my favorite character memories is when my (adult) Sister made Pluto cry during dinner a GG, because she kept calling him Goofy. Oh, and another one: my 13 year old Nephew and I were having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and he said something nonsensical to Alice, and she looked him right in the eye and said "I have no idea what you are talking about".
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I don't have a picture but in 1988 we went to Disneyland on my first trip and I was 7 years old. My Dad left us to go do something and so my mom, my sister and I were waiting in this back area next to a castmember door. There was nobody around but us. The door suddenly opened and out came Chip but no Dale. He came right up to me and picked a flower from the flower bed that was along the path and gave it to me. I will never forget how special I felt because he didnt give my sister anything. ha ha. My Dad was the photographer in the group so my mom didn't have a camera to even take a picture.

My DS's first character was Pluto. He has always loved dogs and as we walked into Magic Kingdom Pluto was standing right outside of the barbershop. My DS carried a stuffed puppy dog, named Whiffer, with him everywhere he went. He of course had it when he met Pluto. Pluto was teasing my DS and tried to take Whiffer from DS and DS wouldn't let go. Finally he let go and Pluto put Whiffer up on his nose. My son was two at the time and he had to reach real high and try to get Whiffer back off of Pluto's nose. Ever since that day Pluto has been DS's favortie character. I wasn't able to get a picture of Whiffer on Pluto's nose because I was enjoying the moment but I did get pictures of Pluto snatching Whiffer and my DS's joy at meeting Pluto.

pluto4.jpg pluto3.jpg pluto2.jpg

I can't remember which character I met first but probably the most memorable character meeting was getting off the train in the MK on our first family trip and seeing Tigger tickle DH! He actually loved it!

tigger-XL.jpg

Love that throwback!!! I wish I had one from '93 trip. Tigger has def alluded us, I've never seen him roaming the times we've been there.

2008 our 1st trip I schedule a breakfast so Gwen can meet her princesses. On the way to the castle we had something happen that I have never seen since. Goofy walks past me grabs her hand and they start walking together. Got some great pictures. Sad thing is she doesn't remember that at 17 but she still remembers meeting the princesses.

I want to say the first character man sons met was Buzz lightyear and only because we stumbled upon him after getting off the people mover. They loved seeing hi, since they were big in toy story that trip. THey were so happy to see a lot of the characters even though though our youngest was a little scared at times.

I don’t remember the first one I met I was 8and the ninja turtles not were the big movie out. I met all 4 new got their autographs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter