First 11 month booking! How crazy does the wait make you?

Straulin

Mouseketeer
So we bought into DVC and closed on a resale contract in June. We managed to get a split stay booked for last month and had a great time. I may even be able to convince my wife to do an add-on at VGF after our stay as she loved that resort so much.

Our home resort is Beach Club so with the timing were not able to book a night there for last month. I just booked next October for the week that just opened for 11 months.

We have never actually planned a Disney trip more than 4 months out. The wait may very well cost me my sanity. (Either that or my wife’s sanity who has to put up with my impatience.)

LOL! I used to mark our family calendar with a countdown, initially in weeks to go for the first eight or ten months, then days to go for the last month or two. Somehow crossing off those blocks on the calendar helped me, even though it seemed we were just creeping closer!

My biggest challenge is not "trying to find something better/cheaper"! LOL!!! For example, if I book a Garden/Pool view at BWV, then I'm always watching for a Standard view or Boardwalk view. :)

Seems like nothing much comparing 11 months out to the time we booked a regular room in September for November of the next year.

THAT will kill ya with impatience.

We always go in December or Christmas time staying at BRV. I always worry at 11 months out but always get what we want (2 BR). It is getting worse though

My biggest challenge is not "trying to find something better/cheaper"! LOL!!! For example, if I book a Garden/Pool view at BWV, then I'm always watching for a Standard view or Boardwalk view. :)
That is one benefit for BCV, only one booking option per room size (or maybe it is a weak point as I can’t occupy my time that way).

Well, we go a lot now and I have bookings for many different trips...that helps with the wait!!

Well, we go a lot now and I have bookings for many different trips...that helps with the wait!!
That sounds like a much more preferable plan. Unfortunately no possible for us, but we do have a Feb 2024 trip planned for a marching band thing so that one will help bridge the gab between fall break trips in 2023 and 2024.

Same here. Our first and longest wait was 12 months after we purchased our first contract, but after that we settled in to 2 or 3 trips per year so we're waiting maybe 6 months at most.

facebook twitter