Financially Savvy People - Would you go?!?!

I posted twice earlier in this thread and today finally went back and read the posts after mine. I'm just in shock! I commend those who think like me and find that it's important not to throw away your money needlessly. I find it funny for those of you who have said, "Life's too short," and "it's only money". Personally and this is just MHO so no flames, that attitude reminds me of the way children behave, especially in stores. It's the "gimme, gimme, gimme" and the "but I want it!" childish attitude that so many adults are now exhibiting. We're adults, and we need to act like adults not children (except at Disney ;) ).

I used to have the childish reasoning of "but I want it!" and since I've seen my bank account and mutual funds growing because I'm not frivolously spending anymore, my outlook has changed because I know I won't be one of those relying on Social Security for income from a country that's already in trillions of dollars of debt.

I posted that if the OP is comfortable in her ability to pay for the trip while being prepared for the possibility of one or more layoffs (and that is what it is - a possibility, not a certainty), then she should plan the trip but be prepared to cancel if her financial situation changes. The OP seems to have a pretty good handle on her finances and may just choose to spend her discretionary income in a different way. Just because we all don't think like you does not mean we are irresponsible. It sounds like you are very responsible with your money and that's great, but someone choosing to spend money on something different in different circumstances doesn't mean they are being childish. It's perfectly fine to express your opinion about what you would do in a similar situation, but other alternatives can still be responsible. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter