Finally joined (went the resale route)

Jaymarkm

Earning My Ears
After years of going to OKW with in-laws, renting points at AK and SSC, going to conferences at Contemporary and Swan/Dolphin, taking random vacations to other etc. we finally joined (bought resale) and just got back from first trip.

Our purchase goals were to buy something that would get us roughly a week in a 1-bedroom and to stay away from any financing. AKV was our sweet spot (love both Jambo and Kidani), got 200 pts and just will never be blue card members which we are totally cool with unless Disney offers some reasonably priced (HA) buy-in for resale folks. There’s so much to do at Disney and it never gets old (to us) so the extra perks are kind of unnecessary. Heck we’ll probably end up selling points some years as we travel all over and I’m not sure we’ll have a week for Orlando most years especially when 11 year old (our youngest) hits college, knock on wood. Maybe we sell down the road, too, though I doubt it.

Just wanted to throw this out there for folks debating buying direct—just do what makes sense to you. But as a b-school prof I’ll say this: if you can afford one without financing and the other only by financing, my humble professional advice is to buy resale, if that’s what you can afford.

Heading back in Dec with this year’s points, couldn’t be happier!

Congratulations and welcome home. I agree resale is the best route unless you want grand floridian. Also the perks for direct no longer justify the cost as the only perk that was worth it was the AP, which has been on a hold for a while now

Congratulations! It’s always good to hear that people feel comfortable with their Dec jobs because there is no one best way to buy!!

Enjoy your new contract and being DVC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter