Finally decided...CBR & Poly

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
We are so excited. We've never stayed at either resort and the tropical themes are our favorite. We can't wait!!! Anyone have any "do not misses" at these resorts? As far as room location, I really don't care. I will just be so thrilled to be at Disney and I think I will be happy in any location.

Congratulations on your choice! Both are excellent hotels (I have stayed at CBR for many years, and visit Poly every trip) As far as room locations, I would recommend booking Jamaica in CBR, as it is closest to the bridge which takes you to Port Royal (a terrific place). Martinique (the one closest to Port Royale) is nice, but it might get noisy at night. Jamaica is great; we've stayed there for half-a-dozen trips. Don't miss any of the shops in Port Royale, swimming in the main pool, and checking out the birds and playground on Parrot Cay (the island in the middle of the lake which the bridges connect.) In Poly, the ceremonial house is terrific--check out all of the shops. Visit both pools (the new slide rocks!) Rent a boat from the marina, hang out on the beach, and be sure to take one of the boats which goes around the Seven Seas Lagoon. It's a great ride. Have a great vacation!

I have to agree with the previous poster regarding Jamaica at CBR. It's extremely convenient to Old Port Royale, while still being off the beaten path. Families tend to stay in the Martinique buildings because it's so close to the main pool & food court, but it tends to get a little noisy and hectic in that area.

Also, Aruba is a great choice as well. Just try to avoid Trinidad South because it's WAY TOO FAR from Old Port Royale!

A must do at the Poly would be to enjoy the grounds, especially in the evening when the tiki torches are lighting the paths. I have stayed at the CBR and the Poly. We enjoyed them both but when we have the money the Poly is our 1st choice. Watch the fireworks from the beach at night in a hammock and just enjoy the overall atmosphere! You will love both resorts. Have a great time! Don't miss the new Poly pool and have dinner at the Kona.

At the Poly, do not miss breakfast at Kona Cafe and order the Tonga Toast. Excellent, excellent, excellent!

Those resorts are great, I've stayed at both!

The themes are very convincing for little Midwestern me... not much of a stretch to turn FL into the Caribbean and Polynesia! I'm glad that you chose themes you like the most; it's always such a good idea. The moderates in particular are so alike in many ways that the theme is the biggest difference, really.

Anyway, I would rent boats at both/either resorts. They're so much fun, especially the Water Mice. Boating on the Seven Seas Lagoon with the castle in the distance is the best! I had so much fun.

At the Polynesian, don't miss the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter