Finally booked

Joan1

DIS Veteran
I bit the bullet today and booked our Alpine Magic for this summer. I am receiving $500 off the ABD prices listed on their website and I figured it isn't going to get any better than this

Looking forward to it
I am going on the June 20th date

I bit the bullet today and booked our Alpine Magic for this summer. I am receiving $500 off the ABD prices listed on their website and I figured it isn't going to get any better than this

Looking forward to it
I am going on the June 20th date

Congrats, I am on the Alpine Magic right before you June 6th

Congrats, Joan1! Alpine Magic is high on my list, too! Looks like a great trip. I'm sure you're going to have a blast!

Sayhello

Thanks everyone. I was happy to be able to take advantage of the special offer Mousesavers had listed. Not a huge amount but better than nothing

Congrats Joan. We are also on the June 20th Alpine Magic trip. It is 2 adults and a 7 year old boy.

Congratulations Joan1. Alpine Magic looks like a fantastic trip! Was that the total discount on your booking or was it $500 per person? I see the offer in the Mousesavers newsletter, but I don't see that information and when I clikc on the link to the travel agent, I don't see anything about the offer at all. Sorry I'm being lazy. I've been away from home for a week and I just got back with a headache and the beginnings of a cold. I'll have to dig a little deeper after I've taken some Tylenol. :-) I've already got one big vacation booked for the summer, but I've got a terrible hankering to go to Ireland that I can't seem to get control of.

Never mind. My headache is better and I put on my glasses so I can see and I reread the ABD blurb in the newsletter. It was the very last line but it clearly read discount is per booking and not per person. So I got my answer.

Can you all share the details of the Mousesaver discount? Is there a weblink? I just subscribed to the newsletter, but don't get the first one until the 15th. I guess it is through the travel agent listed there, right? $500 is more than the Costco gift card.

marcemch, the details are below. It's from the travel agency that mousesavers often promotes. You can probably find the name on their website, or you can PM me and I'll send you the link. These discounts appear to be a little higher than the DU or Costco gift card. The newsletter says they are good for most departure dates and must be booked by March 28.

Space is limited and some dates may be sold out. Gateway Collection and Mediterranean Magic itineraries are not included

Save $600 on these 2010 Adventures by Disney:
Enchanted China, Viva Italia Signature (Rome, Tuscany & Venice), Treasures of the Galapagos, Safari to South Africa, Discovery Down Under to Australia.

Save $500 on these 2010 Adventures by Disney:
Alpine Magic (Italy and Switzerland), Cities of Knights and Lights (London and Paris), Viva Italia Non-Signature Classic (Rome, Tuscany & Venice).

Save $400 on these 2010 Adventures by Disney:
Bella Italia (Sorrento & Florence), Path to Pura Vida (Costa Rica), Taming the Last Frontier (Alaska), Golden Path to Yosemite and San Francisco, Once Upon a Fairytale (Germany), The Emerald Isle (Ireland).

Save $300 on these 2010 Adventures by Disney:
Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales (Canada), Quest for the West (Wyoming), Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities (Machu Piccho Peru), Southwest Splendors (Arizona and Utah) Spirit of America (Washington DC and Williamsburg), Backstage Magic (Behind the scenes in LA and Disneyland).

Thanks so much for the info Bobo912! This makes the ABD prices a little more palatable - not quite the EBD, but slowly getting there. I still haven't booked anything for the summer and am still so uncertain about my work schedule that I don't know the best time to go. Am panic-ing a bit because trips are filling up and discounts go away at the end of the month, but am so afraid I'll book something then have to cancel because of work.
The AAA trip insurance looks like a pretty good deal - you can get a work related cancellation add on, but just don't know how much of a hassle that will be. One reason I liked Tauck was due to this cancellation insurance policy, but I think you can get the same deal independently.
What to do... what to do.....

marcemch, for our DCL cruise last Dec and our upcoming Yosemite trip I purchased our insurance from insuremytrip.com. I got a Travelex policy for $140 for the two of us. You can add cancel for any reason coverage for an additional $66 that covers 80% of the trip cost or 100% if you cancel due to a delay. I didn't get the add on because I knew we wouldn't cancel unless there is an emergency of the type that is already covered by the regular policy.

There's just you and your daughter, right? So maybe you won't have too much trouble finding a trip that can take two more, even if you book late. I would really love to add a second trip this summer, but the dates aren't working out for me. I would have to schedule trips a month apart and taking a week or more off from work twice in such a short period of time doesn't seem like a good idea. Hope you're able to find something that works for you!

Sorry I wasn't around to answer your question, I was traveling for work.
Glad to see you found the answer

marcemch - when I asked my TA she said that all the ABD dates were participating in this offer, the only exceptions were the Gateway itineraries

We are 4 people and went with two rooms, this way we ended saving $500 per room ($1000 total)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter