Finally booked flights, now for the tough decisions (planning q's)

DoraBA

Mouseketeer
So... we finally booked flight tickets for Bar Mitzvah boy (DS13) and Decade Kid (DS10) and decided to leave the house elf (DS2) at home. We're flying from Israel so this is a big, expensive deal. The kids visited DL a few years ago, and DLP will probably be a destination in 2 years or so with the house elf.

We'll land in MCO late March 31st, so April 1st will be dazed and confused. And we're leaving April 10th in the evening. So we have 8.5 days in which we want to enjoy USO, Cape Kennedy and WDW. Im assuming 3.5 USO, 1 day for the CK trip and 3-4 WDW days.
We'll be staying on property everywhere.

So a few quick and basic questions...

Question #1- where can I find info to help me allocate park days, such as opening hours, early mornings etc? Tips on how to choose?

Question #2 - would you recommend using a TA for tickets, hotels etc?

Question #3 - USO will be in the last few days of the trip. Can we still somehow use ME to get to the airport if we get back to our original Disney resort ? Or would it cost about the same to just get directly to MCO?

Will pro'ly have many more questions in the future but at least its getting REAL!!!

Thank you in advance, everyonr

I can't answer all your questions, but I'll try my best.

1. https://www.undercovertourist.com is my go-to for crowd calendars and hours. They'll have both Universal and WDW hours. But honestly, just choose whichever days work best for you. Hours change, events will pop up, etc. So many factors can throw things off, so I'd just pick what works best in your schedule.

2. Personally I wouldn't use a TA, but I'm very organized and like planning. If you're hands off and don't like planning, then a TA would probably be helpful. You may have to search around because I'm not sure the percentage of TA's that do strictly WDW vs. all Orlando activities, so just make sure you're using a TA that can plan it all for you.

3. Honestly I'd just take an Uber or something from Universal. It seems like a major hassle to check out of your hotel, take all of your luggage in an Uber back to Disney, just to get on a bus to go to the airport. I think it's possible to take ME still, but I'm not sure.

I know you didn't ask, but I personally would spend less time at universal. Spending 3.5 days there and only 3-4 WDW days is a disservice to WDW. If you get the park-to-park tickets for Universal, you can easily get everything done in 2 days. If I were you, I'd do 1 day at Cape Kennedy, 2 days at Universal, and 5 at WDW.

You can only use the Magical Express to get back to the airport on the last day of your stay on property(or before). You cannot move to another hotel and come back to use it. As the previous poster said, just use uber.

I know you didn't ask, but I personally would spend less time at universal. Spending 3.5 days there and only 3-4 WDW days is a disservice to WDW. If you get the park-to-park tickets for Universal, you can easily get everything done in 2 days. If I were you, I'd do 1 day at Cape Kennedy, 2 days at Universal, and 5 at WDW.
Thank you - we're all super HP fans so Im assuming we'll need a lot of time for everything, but Ill try and see what attractions will appeal to the kids in WDW.

There’s a forum here for USO. They can offer great information on that. I believe if you stay at a deluxe hotel that you can get their fast pass that can save you time at USO. There are some HP attractions that don’t utilize the pass, so ask the experts there to be sure. I’d try for at least four (if not 5) days at WDW which would give you a day at each park.

April is a busy time of year at the parks because of Spring Break.

I think using a TA that specializes in WDW and USO is a great idea for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!