Fight Florida's anti-LGBTQ+ changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever watched Crystal Maze?
No what is that? I'm on a mission to find any and everything with Richard Ayoade right now! He's my weird celebrity crush lol. I love Travel Man and Gadget Man, but The It Crowd is my favorite!

Sure, but it's not the teachers responsibility to educate the entire class as to WHY it's wrong according to HER/HIS opinion. A simple, "We do not name call of any kind" would suffice.
Really? If you take that literally, you shouldn't use "boy", "girl", "adult", "child", basically anything that's descriptive.

Oh come on. :rolleyes:
No, really. Think about it... "We do not name call of ANY kind." Those were your words. And according to you, the teacher can't say why anything is wrong. Since the teacher can't show any judgement on why 'x' is wrong but 'y' is right, what do you want them to do?

Really? If you take that literally, you shouldn't use "boy", "girl", "adult", "child", basically anything that's descriptive.

If those are used specifically in a derogatory way or to insult someone you are correct.
But I don’t think that is what you mean, and that’s a pretty disingenuous response in an attempt to argue what the pp said.

If those are used specifically in a derogatory way or to insult someone you are correct.
But I don’t think that is what you mean, and that’s a pretty disingenuous response in an attempt to argue what the pp said.
"We do not name call of ANY kind". Those are the words PP used. And said the teacher shouldn't be allowed to qualify WHY certain words are wrong. If you can't say why certain words are wrong, you can't say why certain words are right. You can't have it both ways.

I understand (I think) what goal PP was trying to get to. They don't want the teacher to tell their kids that 'x' is ok because the parents may think differently. The problem is when you start putting out blanket rules, you generally end up covering too much.

"We do not name call of ANY kind". Those are the words PP used. And said the teacher shouldn't be allowed to qualify WHY certain words are wrong. If you can't say why certain words are wrong, you can't say why certain words are right. You can't have it both ways.

I understand (I think) what goal PP was trying to get to. They don't want the teacher to tell their kids that 'x' is ok because the parents may think differently. The problem is when you start putting out blanket rules, you generally end up covering too much.
“We don’t call people those words because they are not nice.” In a K-3 classrooom, does anything else really need to be said?

“We don’t call people those words because they are not nice.” In a K-3 classrooom, does anything else really need to be said?
I'm not the one who doesn't want teachers to say why some words are bad...
Sure, but it's not the teachers responsibility to educate the entire class as to WHY it's wrong according to HER/HIS opinion. A simple, "We do not name call of any kind" would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter