Fia Fia luau - when can I book?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when I can make reservations for the Fia Fia luau? We will be visiting in the beginning of July.

We will be four adults staying at Aulani and everything I've read seems to be that this luau with the Chief is the best, so that's why I chose it over the luau at Aulani. Plus, my husband and I are very much Disney people but my parents may not be into the cutesy Disney stuff so I think we'd prefer a more authentic luau, but I could be judging the Disney luau wrong.

There is no cutesy Disney elements to Ka’waa. It’s NOTHING like the one at WDW which I can’t make myself sit through again. The vibe is amazing. The show is just the right length. The spread is really beautiful and the quality very high. The drinks are a little lacking but adequate. The pre activities are fun and manageable before the show. We all LOVED it. We came away feeling like it was worth the money. Our kids didn’t squirm once and they loved the buffet choices. VIP is worth it. And no transportation hassle or cost is prettt great too. Just my 2¢

I just watched a few videos on Youtube of the Disney luau and Fia Fia and now I'm torn lol. They both look pretty similar but I think I liked the atmosphere of Disney's better. It seems like both have the same type of dancers though, so is it like once you've seen one luau you've seen them all?

We've done Paradise Cove in the past, and will be doing so again. It's mid priced tier is the same as the base price for the Aulani luau, and I couldn't really find any information on Fia Fia (other than it only shows on Tuesdays) on the Marriott's website. It's walking distance, and we enjoyed the experience last time. According to TripAdvisor, Paradise Cove is the top rated luau on the island.

I just watched a few videos on Youtube of the Disney luau and Fia Fia and now I'm torn lol. They both look pretty similar but I think I liked the atmosphere of Disney's better. It seems like both have the same type of dancers though, so is it like once you've seen one luau you've seen them all?

We loved the one at aulani and loved how easy it was being right there!

There is no cutesy Disney elements to Ka’waa. It’s NOTHING like the one at WDW which I can’t make myself sit through again. The vibe is amazing. The show is just the right length. The spread is really beautiful and the quality very high. The drinks are a little lacking but adequate. The pre activities are fun and manageable before the show. We all LOVED it. We came away feeling like it was worth the money. Our kids didn’t squirm once and they loved the buffet choices. VIP is worth it. And no transportation hassle or cost is prettt great too. Just my 2¢
There is no transportation cost to see the Fia Fia show at Marriott Koolina if you are staying at Aulani. There is a Koolina shuttle that leaves every half hour at the front entrance of Aulani to take you around the resort. The stops are Four Seasons, Aulani, Roys Restaurant, Marriott Koolina. During the day they also stop at the Koolina Marina and at night they stop at Paradise Cove for the luau there.

There is no transportation cost to see the Fia Fia show at Marriott Koolina if you are staying at Aulani. There is a Koolina shuttle that leaves every half hour at the front entrance of Aulani to take you around the resort. The stops are Four Seasons, Aulani, Roys Restaurant, Marriott Koolina. During the day they also stop at the Koolina Marina and at night they stop at Paradise Cove for the luau there.

From what I've read, it's not a bad walk from Aulani to the Marriott either so I think we'd probably take that route. I think I'd like to hear from people who have seen both shows but I'm not sure if many people have been fortunate enough to see both.

Do you know if the VIP seating is "assigned"? Large group of family going to Aulani and everyone is purchasing their tix separately on line but was not sure if that meant we would not be seated together? (All doing VIP). any help is appreciated!

Chief's Luau also just moved to a brand new venue at Wet N Wild. It's very close to Aulani. I think he's there the opposite nights of Fia Fia. We plan to see it in May!

Do you know if the VIP seating is "assigned"? Large group of family going to Aulani and everyone is purchasing their tix separately on line but was not sure if that meant we would not be seated together? (All doing VIP). any help is appreciated!
I would call Pleasant and let them know all the names and see if they can link them. The seats are assigned before you arrive. But they did have a large group they were putting together but VIP is limited tables. So worth it! We were front and center, zero obstruction.

From what I've read, it's not a bad walk from Aulani to the Marriott either so I think we'd probably take that route. I think I'd like to hear from people who have seen both shows but I'm not sure if many people have been fortunate enough to see both.
It is a nice leisurely 15 min walk from aulani to marriott koolina.

We saw Fia Fia at the Marriott pre Disney luau, so can't compare but Fia Fia was great entertainment and food was good too. It is an easy walk to the Marriott along the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts