Feeling a little uneasy. (long, sorry) UPDATE POST 44

:wave2: There how are you doing?

I see the Dr. Friday morning. I will be sure to let everyone know.

I just want to scream reading this... and say what?????

I do not get it, I thought the US was bad, but this sounds ridiculous.. I am sorry.. Please let us know how you do on Friday.. I am beyond words here.

I hope you get some answers at this next appointment.

Take care and know that you have all of us thinking of you and wishing you all the best. :grouphug:

So today was the day.

My Dr. was wonderful. I gave him my thoughts of the neuro, and he was not surprised at all. He has had similar reports, and before I :mad:at him, he was quick to let me know, that if he had sent me to another neuro, the wait would have been VERY long, and he did not want to wait. He needed an expert opinion is all, so all is forgiven.

Long story short. They results are probable MS with lesions found on the cat scan, and he has requested an emergency MRI, which is expected to happen within the next couple of weeks. He is concerned about the weight loss, and if it turns out NOT to be MS, then we need to find out what it is. My thyroid has been tested a lot (as I go every 2 weeks for a full blood work, with the pernicious anemia) and is good.

Then we talked about work, and he just looked at me :eek:, and told me that I was not going back anytime soon, that I am "very sick". I will see in 5 weeks time, and hopefully have the MRI results back then, and we will see from there. I am now on some painkillers for my leg pains, spasms, tremors. Supposed to help all of it, and I hope so. The only thing I have lost here is my independence, as I can not drive :sad2:. I know it is small potatoes, but having a DH who is working a lot, makes me the sole transporter for my children. It will all work out though.

Also, that my insurance at work is not to be affected. They can not cancel my insurance while I am sick. This is not a private insurance, and I had no PRE existing conditions when I started it. So thank goodness for that.
So thank you to EVERYBODY for their warm words, and much more.:grouphug:

So today was the day.

My Dr. was wonderful. I gave him my thoughts of the neuro, and he was not surprised at all. He has had similar reports, and before I :mad:at him, he was quick to let me know, that if he had sent me to another neuro, the wait would have been VERY long, and he did not want to wait. He needed an expert opinion is all, so all is forgiven.

Long story short. They results are probable MS with lesions found on the cat scan, and he has requested an emergency MRI, which is expected to happen within the next couple of weeks. He is concerned about the weight loss, and if it turns out NOT to be MS, then we need to find out what it is. My thyroid has been tested a lot (as I go every 2 weeks for a full blood work, with the pernicious anemia) and is good.

Then we talked about work, and he just looked at me :eek:, and told me that I was not going back anytime soon, that I am "very sick". I will see in 5 weeks time, and hopefully have the MRI results back then, and we will see from there. I am now on some painkillers for my leg pains, spasms, tremors. Supposed to help all of it, and I hope so. The only thing I have lost here is my independence, as I can not drive :sad2:. I know it is small potatoes, but having a DH who is working a lot, makes me the sole transporter for my children. It will all work out though.

Also, that my insurance at work is not to be affected. They can not cancel my insurance while I am sick. This is not a private insurance, and I had no PRE existing conditions when I started it. So thank goodness for that.
So thank you to EVERYBODY for their warm words, and much more.:grouphug:

Oh, I am sorry to hear of the probable diagnosis. But, I know there is much they can do to help, too. Hang in there. Perhaps you will improve enough to go back to driving and maybe even back to work eventually. I will say a prayer for you and your health to improve..hugs.

I was hoping for an update, but I was also hoping for better news.

I have to say, you seem to be handling this very well. I hope that the medication helps with the leg pain and that the MRI is scheduled soon.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted. :grouphug:

Hey Momma, I miss you. How are you feeling? I am okay. I think I need a new pain pill.

Did you try the soap trick??

You have been on my mind all day today.

Mommasita, I just read your entire thread and just want to sends loads of dust and prayer.

I have had MS since 1979 - I was diagnosed a year after the initial symptoms. One of the most difficult things about MS is exactly what you've been going through - once the diagnosis is "official" you can begin to cope better than now with all the unknowns and what ifs.

Try not to worry....most of us with MS do very well. It is not always doom and gloom the way Drs act when we are first diagnosed.

Hang in there...I'll be thinking of you...don't hesitate to pm or email if I can be of any support. :hug:

Hi Momma, I am home and I was wondering if you were? Did the Dr's office get back with you. Let me know, Diane.

Dear mommasita...
I remember the day when 5 stanford doctors told me i had MS...it was like a wall going up and i was bricked inside the wall. well...it is 22 years later and i want to encourage you to NOT GIVE UP and not give in and stay healthy and eat right and exercise, exercise, exercise and more exercise.

1. when your legs feel like cement...get up and walk...force yourself
2. when you whole body wants to throw up...not your stomach but your limbs get a nauseated feeling...drink water and go for a walk.
3. when you start to feel sorry for yourself...think of someone far worse off than yourself.
4. when you get up every single morning try doing this: open your eyes and say thankyou to what ever being you might believe in. be thankful you can walk, talk and see...in whatever form...for my dear lady...that is a great day.

ms does take a while to sink in...but you can become your own worst enemy...truly...you must literally get hugely strong within yourself and keep moving. if you don't you will go down hill more quickly than you had hoped. i am living proof. my mri's show paralysis on my left side...well...i am proof that the brain and sheer willpower can retrain the body. i work out 3 days a week and take zero meds. it can be done...but much of it is mind over body and remaining really strong. don't give into the disease...

my very best to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter