FEEDBACK NEEDED - DIS Meet October 2020 At The Fort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number 2: We are about 66 feet overall, but would rather a Premium, but we could shoehorn in to a FHU if need be

I need to get an overall measurement of our rig, I try to get that this week. It should be close to PaHunters.

Ed, there will be four campers in my bunch, a 28 ft 5ver, 30 ft TT, Patrick's 43 ft 5er, and our 44 ft 5er.

Thanks to Mrs. Tiggerdad cc point from multiple trip to the Outlets, Tiggerdad has volunteered to share his cc point for the fuel to get to the Fort. :thanks:

Uh, rajak, I've met Randy's folks on past Gulf DISMeets and you just might have that backwards. His momma is as nice as she can be but his daddy may have stayed out in the sun too long .... :rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Shouldn't be hard to do, rajak. It'll probably be the early noon game. That way we'll have time to refresh before the Bama game comes on in prime time. :happytv:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:They will stick us in that 11am game. They did that twice last year at the end of the season, DW and I froze our *** and left at halftime. I'll watch whatever you have on, LOL.

hanks to Mrs. Tiggerdad cc point from multiple trip to the Outlets, Tiggerdad has volunteered to share his cc point for the fuel to get to the Fort. :thanks:

That will be great! You know how much fuel I will use in 1500 miles?

Are you people trying to get people to go or scare them away? The name sounds like a good movie or a bad documentary. Maybe a mix! So its perfect. I need to see if i want to take my daughter out of school for another week next year, i feel guilty doing it, but not that much. The main problem is i end up taking her out for 2 weeks! If i go ,i can pull my weight and take the smallest site. Yea, I'm man enough to say that..........mine isnt big. But it still pops up........

Dis meet 2020 sounds good for us. Arnold looked @ the calendar & 10/4 thru 10/18 2020 will most likely be our time frame. Our camper is 44 + one ton truck. Thank you Ed for getting this together. We are here if U need help. We do have a golf cart & will put the truck in overflow if we use full site.

Are you people trying to get people to go or scare them away? The name sounds like a good movie or a bad documentary. Maybe a mix! So its perfect. I need to see if i want to take my daughter out of school for another week next year, i feel guilty doing it, but not that much. The main problem is i end up taking her out for 2 weeks! If i go ,i can pull my weight and take the smallest site. Yea, I'm man enough to say that..........mine isnt big. But it still pops up........

Sjm9911,

Again if the Gulf DIS Meet threads over the years (4 of them) are any indication, when we get together it's like visiting your in-laws out in the country for a week while the WIFI is down. Folks read the threads, we post pix and tell about the marvelously exciting things we do like .....

- the mental workout undertaken deciding where to do lunch
- the philosophical discussions about if it's morally acceptable to make a separate trip to take the trailer trash to the dumpster or not
- getting four guys together in the morning about 630am with their coffee and diet Coke to work on the 1,000 piece puzzle in complete and utter silence. It's a magical moment just after sunrise on the Gulf. The silence is elongated and natural, surreal in fact - then the spell is broken when garneska shows up and utters the words "good morning". <girls. cue the eye roll>
- and we laugh and sit and tell stories and jokes and talk about everyone who's not there.

The following year some folks show up to see it for themselves (or defend themselves, I don't know which). :confused3

Going to the Fort means that with the parks so close at hand, some of that laid back, easy going aspect would likely change. But I have decided to take the bull by the horns and go see "it" and do "it" while I still can. Make some daddy-daughter memories, have some fun, come laugh and talk with us, and you and I can talk about all the small, tight campsites and National Parks we can get into with our popups while the big boys listen. (and that goes for everyone - ya'll come!).

Bama Ed

PS - although after SouthAlabama5er/Randy says he's going to need 4 sites, I'm inclined to bump up our allotment request. :scared:

Last edited:
Ok , so i got this correct, we talk crap , eat lunch while making up stories to brag about, tell the kids to take out the garbage, do some mind exercises ( mostly to prove were smart but were all faking it) have coffee. Then talk more crap about the peolpe that aren't here. And then compair campers? Where do i sign up? :D

We really want to be there. The only thing we know for sure about 2020 is June 30 we both retire. We don't want to take up a site and have to cancel. We may make some reservations on our own and see what happens. We might even be staying for the winter/living in Fl by then.

Ok , so i got this correct, we talk crap , eat lunch while making up stories to brag about, tell the kids to take out the garbage, do some mind exercises ( mostly to prove were smart but were all faking it) have coffee. Then talk more crap about the peolpe that aren't here. And then compair campers? Where do i sign up? :D

Hey, a quick learner!

Pretty much sounds like our camping times!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We really want to be there. The only thing we know for sure about 2020 is June 30 we both retire. We don't want to take up a site and have to cancel. We may make some reservations on our own and see what happens. We might even be staying for the winter/living in Fl by then.

By all means then make a parallel individual reservation at the Fort when the time comes and see what happens. But please come, Denise, and bring Frank along too. :teeth:

ED

Bama Ed, here's a video of loop 2100 set up for FHU. It looks like it would do just fine, there are a few sites that are rather "short".

If you get to choose or at least put in a request, I would suggest the 1700 loop as it is a better general location. Also those sites tend to be the most level on each side of the paved slab (no drop offs), are pretty are deep and have a lot of trees for shade (October can still be pretty hot). Of course, for me it would be the 1600 or 1800....on the canal :P.

If you get to choose or at least put in a request, I would suggest the 1700 loop as it is a better general location. Also those sites tend to be the most level on each side of the paved slab (no drop offs), are pretty are deep and have a lot of trees for shade (October can still be pretty hot). Of course, for me it would be the 1600 or 1800....on the canal :P.

Thanks for that input, Terri. I'll keep that in mind when the time comes. If we have a choice.

ED

Last edited:
We are definitely planning to be there in 2020- just not positive on arrival dates. We are planning the end of September/ first of October to arrive and staying 2 weeks. So we should be there for some of the get togethers!

Because we are extremely attached to the 1400 loop (many special memories there for me) and also because we aren’t positive on our dates- we’ll make our own reservations. But definitely can’t wait to be there and meet new people, as well as are some old friends again

Thanks, Bama Ed, for all the work you’re putting into this! And we’re happy with whatever the group is called, as long as we can find the correct post for it lol

New to disboard but have been going to Ft Wilderness for years, sometime 5 times a yr (8-30 days per trip). Would love to come to your meet in October’s 2020 if there’s room. We have large motor home & tow ford explore, we usually do premium but think we might fit on preferred. Need bare minimum of 65’ to mush in.

Okay, I got some extra time in the ED on my schedule so hopefully I'll be able to cover a few of you anyway. Mrs. Tiggerdad has made it clear, she will go straight up full Mississippi on anyone who takes her hard earned credit card points. Apparently she needs another crockpot, or another couple pair of shoes. Just my warning to you.

I checked with our friends we camp with all the time and we are crashing their first Fort trip in September.

They are definitely in for The DIS Fort Meet 2020.

They are good with a Full site (that's what they have in September) and have a 38 ft Class A. Not sure on dates, but I told them we were planning on weeks around Columbus Day and they said fine.

I also measured my truck. The camper is 42 ft. The truck another 22. So ideally, 65 ft site. But if there is nothing behind the site, I can overhang the back of the trailer 12-15 ft. As long as I have a 50ft deep site, I'll be ok.

j

The best is , usally people look at me funny in the full hook up sites, they are amazed at the pop up and think im lost. Most of the big TT types dont know i have running water , a shower and a toilet. So i stick out like a sore thumb, but its entertaining. Maybe ill get some more tents , so my site dosent look empty:P

Apparently she needs another crockpot,
Michael, I'll buy her the crockpot if it'll keep her from going Full Mississippi.

@bama_ed, Thanks for taking the lead on this, I'm sure we can figure out a way to use @tiggerdad CC to reward you handsomely.:rolleyes:

We are good with name, dates and whatever loops work for everyone else.

My coach is 40' and we have a small car so we can make do with a 55' to 60' site, or I could put the car on @Sjm9911 site so it wont look so empty :thumbsup2 :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!