February 24, 2007 Magic!

We have done both. Different kind of boat style. It has been MANY years since we have done the one in Key West, and just last spring for the one at CC. Our grand daughter is 4 and I have to tell you she got ALOT more out of a semi-sub. I know that this was not part of the question but it is just much easier for them to see the sea life. For the glass bottom boat at CC, the boat style has 2 different sides for viewing. There is a "window" surrounded by waist high(adult) railing that you look down into. Alot of your comfort is contingent on the sea conditions for the day.

We have done the CC twice. The first time was when it first began and there was not much sea life. The second time was more of a, let's see how different it is now. There is definitely more to see but for the money I would look into a semi-sub.I hope this helps.

Our grand daughter is 4 and I have to tell you she got ALOT more out of a semi-sub. I know that this was not part of the question but it is just much easier for them to see the sea life. For the glass bottom boat at CC, the boat style has 2 different sides for viewing. There is a "window" surrounded by waist high(adult) railing that you look down into. Alot of your comfort is contingent on the sea conditions for the day.

Thanks! That's the info I was looking for. I'll look into the semi-sub as well!

JLSM97,

I don't know if you are still checking the thread, but thank you for compiling all those DIS board tips. That was a lot of work for you, but I appreciate it!

(if only I hadn't accidently printed out all 61 pages...dang. )

Thank you!

JLSM97,

I don't know if you are still checking the thread, but thank you for compiling all those DIS board tips. That was a lot of work for you, but I appreciate it!

(if only I hadn't accidently printed out all 61 pages...dang. )

Thank you!

Yes, I'm still checking in... and YOU'RE WELCOME! I'm glad the tips were useful to you. Maybe in another few weeks we'll have more to add, hm? :thumbsup2

Although we're really getting excited now that the cruise is so close, lately we're feeling a little guilty about not taking our kids along. We're going to be at WDW for a few days before the cruise and haven't even TOLD our kids about that part of the trip. I think they're okay with the cruise--neither of them really remember our cruise in 2003 so they don't know what they'll be missing--but they'd be really bummed if they knew we were going to the parks without them. Are we the worst parents, or WHAT??? :guilty: :angel: :rolleyes1

--Jennifer

Although we're really getting excited now that the cruise is so close, lately we're feeling a little guilty about not taking our kids along.
--Jennifer

Although I've never been, I'm guessing that you'll feel less guilty when you are dining and toasting each other at Palo? :)

Upgrades are being done on the 2/17 cruise right now . . . (I'm on that cruise too). Within the next few days, maybe one of our cruisers will be asking us to dance the upgrade dance with them!!

Upgrades are being done on the 2/17 cruise right now . . . (I'm on that cruise too). Within the next few days, maybe one of our cruisers will be asking us to dance the upgrade dance with them!!

Oh Yipee....:yay:
I will have faith that we might get a upgrade. I know it will be hard since we have 2 rooms. I am sure they do not upgrade one room without upgrading the other.

I know you are getting really excited about the eastern cruise. You have less than a month now! Let us know if you do get an upgrade. :thumbsup2

We have too many things going on with our ressies to get upgraded. We have a cat 6 and cat 11 on the Eastern and our cat 6 on the Western. Our Cat 6 rooms are the same soooooo, I really don't think upgrades are in our future even though I did have a Out of Area-Out of Area call on my caller id today at home. Perhaps it was a DU TA calling. They didn't leave a message and I have no email from them . . . so, its only wishful thinking.

An upgrade would be awesome! We are a party of 3, which from what I have read is easier to upgrade than a party of 4.

becca - does your DH bring his mess dress to wear on formal night?

An upgrade would be awesome! We are a party of 3, which from what I have read is easier to upgrade than a party of 4.

On our 2/2006 cruise, my son-in-law wore his dress blues while my son was in slacks, dress shirt and tie. He tried to get the Marine Corp to allow one of his buddies to go into storage to get his blues and ship them home to me (he was in Iraq that year and only home for 14 days R&R for the cruise) and they wouldn't allow it. I would have loved to have had them both in their blues.

Go for it!!! Wear your military best!!!!

ga8p7991_std.jpg

DH is very much into the "if its not on the Army's time, dont wear it". He will not even go to walmart in ACUs unless it is a must.

I did make him wear his class A's on one cruise for formal night. I made him do it and he hated it. He had just came back from Iraq and it was our first time away without kids...ever. So, he did it just to make me happy.

He wears suits all the time so that is what he will wear for formal night.

Good luck on the upgrade!

My husband is alot like yours. He does not like going anywhere in the civilian world with his flightsuit on...and if he has to, he rips off all his patches and goes "incognito".

However, he is going to wear his Mess Dress on formal night, and a suit on semi-formal night. He doesn't want to rent a tux, so by default he wears the military equivalent. :) Besides, I haven't even seen him in his Mess Dress since the Air Force Ball in 2002...(darn deployments), so I am dying to see him in it...hubba hubba!

Okay, so I guess when you see the 6'5" guy in the USAF Mess Dress, you will know it is us.

Okay, so I guess when you see the 6'5" guy in the USAF Mess Dress, you will know it is us.

Wow 6'5 we cant miss him! My DS (9) would love to see him - he wants to be in the air force when he grows up. He wants to fly. Humm... hes an Army Brat and wants to be in the AF. I think he has overheard us saying that AF has it better than Army :thumbsup2 Do you guys have main or late seating?

We have late seating. My husband is an A-10 pilot...should I stash a couple of patches in my luggage? Maybe we could meet up sometime during the week and my DH can talk to your son and give him a patch. Let me know...DH likes to do that sort of thing. :)

How nice! I love it! I will have to make sure and show DH tomorrow this pic! I know he will not change his mind so I am not going to ask. He already has a couple of mickey mouse ties picked out. ;)

Where are the guys stationed?

My son-in-law (left) received his medical retirement on July 31, 2006 so they are now back home with my two grandbabies.

My son (right) graduated from Marine Security Guard School on 12/8/06 and is now at the US Embassy in Vienna, Austria. He'll be there for a year and then move on to two more embassy duty stations for the following two years. Chances are, he won't will not get another good location -- he was very lucky to get Austria for his first embassy.

I really think that Americans are so open to having our military men/women wear their uniforms in public. I know that I'm a Marine Mom but whenever I see a uniformed serviceman/woman an airport, I always take a moment to shake their hand and thank them. I think that patriotism is on the rise.

We have late seating. My husband is an A-10 pilot...should I stash a couple of patches in my luggage? Maybe we could meet up sometime during the week and my DH can talk to your son and give him a patch. Let me know...DH likes to do that sort of thing. :)

Sure, I know he would love that. Anything like that excites 9 yr old boys. :goodvibes He is very quiet so he might not talk much but he takes everything in. If your DH is up for it, before the trip I can PM you and give you my room numbers. That way, you can call our room and we can meet up somtime. Guess its no since in doing it now since we are all keeping our hopes up for upgrades.;)

Where are you guys stationed?

We also have late seating (we are on wait list) but I am going to try to change it when we get onboard.

We are stationed at Pope AFB, NC..the little AFB on the north side of Ft. Bragg. We have been here since 2004. We are PCSing this summer...should know in a couple of weeks where we are headed.

Yes, as the cruise gets closer, we can talk about how to meet up. Lets hope we all get upgrades!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter