February 2020

Nothing today :-( I just called... The past two years I never see the disney visa discounts I just always call. Prior years I have seen it though. I called yesterday and the riviera is a good discount but still too expensive for my taste. My 8yr old could care less really where we stay as long as there is a pool.
So no hope of them posting something later this morning? ☹️

I'm still not seeing the Disney Visa discount for the Riviera resort that everyone was talking about yesterday. Maybe you have to call to get some of these discounts??
I'm hopping over from the January thread...yesterday people were able to get the Riviera discount by calling in and asking for the Riviera Disney Visa offer. Rooms were coming in around $340ish before taxes.

I checked the Riviera rates, but for my dates rack rate for studio standard view is almost $700 a night. I don't come out very much ahead on the deal, at least not enough that I want to go to DVC unit with a Murphy bed. Oh well, see you all again in the AM!

So today appears like a no go. Discounts should be coming soon though. Keep in mind that these rumors (at least the credible ones) typically come from CMs with intel into marketing, call center staffing or IT. I for one, appreciate that these folks are willing to try and give an early indication. Sorry this one was wrong guys!

So today appears like a no go. Discounts should be coming soon though. Keep in mind that these rumors (at least the credible ones) typically come from CMs with intel into marketing, call center staffing or IT. I for one, appreciate that these folks are willing to try and give an early indication. Sorry this one was wrong guys!
Yes, thanks, so much, for looking out for us!

your efforts are very much appreciated and it's understood that nothing is for sure until a discount actually drops. :)

Exactly! We are all worse than kids at Christmas, waiting for a deal to drop!! Speaking of Christmas, I can't wait because that is when we are telling our kids about the trip!!! It's so hard to keep a secret! 😂
We're giving my niece her trip for Christmas too and my mom has almost let it slip twice now! LOL

We're giving my niece her trip for Christmas too and my mom has almost let it slip twice now! LOL

There have been a coupl times I've almost let it slip also!!! We talk out loud with them about going sometime in the next couple years...this way we can still somewhat discuss things freely. Last time we put them in the car and drove without telling the until we were almost to Florida. I'm excited to tell them early this time, so that we can talk about our reservations and they can feel like they are included in some of the planning.

There have been a coupl times I've almost let it slip also!!! We talk out loud with them about going sometime in the next couple years...this way we can still somewhat discuss things freely. Last time we put them in the car and drove without telling the until we were almost to Florida. I'm excited to tell them early this time, so that we can talk about our reservations and they can feel like they are included in some of the planning.

For our first trip (in January 2015), we were originally planning to go in March, and shifted it to January. We revealed that as a Christmas "surprise" - and had DS(10 at the time) go into a tizzy. He (like I am) is a careful planner, and it didn't align with his plans and expectations for the Winter and Spring. So rather than excitement, he expressed concern and anxiety. Ha!

It all worked out and we had a great time - and we are definitely including the kids in all of the planning this time around.

For our first trip (in January 2015), we were originally planning to go in March, and shifted it to January. We revealed that as a Christmas "surprise" - and had DS(10 at the time) go into a tizzy. He (like I am) is a careful planner, and it didn't align with his plans and expectations for the Winter and Spring. So rather than excitement, he expressed concern and anxiety. Ha!

It all worked out and we had a great time - and we are definitely including the kids in all of the planning this time around.

My niece is 12 so it's so much easier for us to tell her in advance with enough time for her to help plan fastpasses. I normally know what ADRs to book based on what she likes.

My niece is 12 so it's so much easier for us to tell her in advance with enough time for her to help plan fastpasses. I normally know what ADRs to book based on what she likes.

My husband and I start discussing possible restaurants we would like to try next and what places or things they would like to try new or do again the next time! Ours will be 11 and 8 when we go..and very easy going kids. They are just happy to be there period! We are also going with my husband's sister and then our best friends who have 2 children younger than ours, but we all have a great time! Same group of us went 2 years ago last month and it was such a blast! My husband and I have done a couple trips without kids, which is also fun!

We booked POFQ too. I know that in the past sometimes discounts do not apply there. I keep wondering if a discount is available at POR or CSR and not at POFQ if we will switch resorts.

Those of you watching and waiting are you just hoping to save money on your current resort or are you willing to switch resorts to save money? Or, are you hoping to upgrade your resort? Two different times I had POFQ booked. Once we upgraded to AKL and another time to YC due to great discounts.
Was this link shared to price out the “Visa Riviera” offer online?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-riviera-offer/

Well thanks, I ran it and my savings over current booking for contemporary garden view was $800! (4 night stay). Not crazy about a studio vs. hotel room, but for $800... Now, when the spring discount drops, I have to see if I can get monorail or BWI for similar so I can be closer to the action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter