***February 2019***

So we had to move our trip to the end of Feb so we could get the SDP deal. Still staying at Pop, but last week instead of 1st

Just got home from our September vacation...booo!! Now it's time to get planning our next trip! I feel like this one will be far more relaxed because we won't have the table service DDP again (and won't miss it TBH, even though we had a few great meals) and can just eat when we're hungry rather then stop to go and eat dinner.

I'm IN!!! I booked the Swan (using SW points for a free stay and free flights) for DH and I (our first kid-free Disney trip!) for Feb. 15-19th!! Can't wait!!

I've booked our dining and now I'm just tweaking the times and I'm pondering FP+....this is our first trip NOT doing hoppers but with the parks closing at 8pm we figured it would work out ok.

My question now is what do I wear? We are June go'ers and are used to the sweaty hot days and still-pretty-hot evenings which means I wear a short skirt and sandals. We also deal with afternoon showers...

Will we have afternoon showers in February? What about clothing options for daytime vs. nighttime?? We live in mid-NC so our weather is similar to FL so it's not such a stretch but can I wear shorts during the day if we're in the sun??

EEEK!! Can't wait!!

Despite all the research I've been doing, I only just this weekend discovered that Disney After Hours is on the first night of our trip. Considering the parks we're visiting close at 8 this time of year and we have a kid who can easily go to midnight, it was pretty much a no-brainer to add. It will be a busy day!

I'm thinking about doing a local 10k so I can submit a time and better spot in the race so I don't have to deal with as much of the crowd. And I need to practice waking up at 3am and running haha. That is going to be the hardest part for me. I love my sleep.

There are rumblings that the DL races will return in 2020. It makes sense to not have them butting up against the opening of Galaxy's Edge. That would be a nightmare.

Congrats on the Tinker Bell half!

Now that they cancelled the new resort, I am keeping my fingers crossed they come back.

They finally announce the Festival of the Arts, and it looks like it no longer just weekends. This was the main reason for deciding to go. Now they just need to release all the special stuff (Broadway Series, ect), so we can get that nailed down.
I'm super excited about this!!

I never even knew this event happened until I started researching for our Feb trip since we've only ever traveled in June!

Signing on!
22-27 Feb @ ASMusic
We usually go for 9-10 days and stay at POP or CBR, but this is a birthday present trip for my DD11 and I from my dad.
Excited for the Festival of the Arts!

I'm IN!!! I booked the Swan (using SW points for a free stay and free flights) for DH and I (our first kid-free Disney trip!) for Feb. 15-19th!! Can't wait!!

I've booked our dining and now I'm just tweaking the times and I'm pondering FP+....this is our first trip NOT doing hoppers but with the parks closing at 8pm we figured it would work out ok.

My question now is what do I wear? We are June go'ers and are used to the sweaty hot days and still-pretty-hot evenings which means I wear a short skirt and sandals. We also deal with afternoon showers...

Will we have afternoon showers in February? What about clothing options for daytime vs. nighttime?? We live in mid-NC so our weather is similar to FL so it's not such a stretch but can I wear shorts during the day if we're in the sun??

EEEK!! Can't wait!!
The weather can be chilly, we do layers. Usually we use a zip up hoodie/tshirt combo. Jeans for most days. I think DD wore shorts once the couple times we went in the beginning of Feb. I did see many who wear leggings if that's your style.
It usually doesn't rain all that often in Feb

Ya'll....this wait is going to kill me!!!

We are going for a dance performance (but the only day we will be with the dance group is on performance day). We arrive Feb. 13th and leave on the 18th. Staying at POP. We have a 4-day PH pass (we won't do parks at all on dance day) and are doing Disney After Hours on the 14th. I feel like now that everything is booked, I have NOTHING to pass the time until I can do FP in December.

How do you pass the time?!?!?!?

We are going for a dance performance (but the only day we will be with the dance group is on performance day). We arrive Feb. 13th and leave on the 18th. Staying at POP. We have a 4-day PH pass (we won't do parks at all on dance day) and are doing Disney After Hours on the 14th. I feel like now that everything is booked, I have NOTHING to pass the time until I can do FP in December.

By reading everything on these boards, frankly.

I know what you mean. This is our first trip. It feels like the process is...

Plan, plan, plan, book rooms
Plan, plan, plan, make ADRs
Plan, book flight
Plan, rebook with discount, buy tickets
Wait, wait, wait

By going in November!

Has anyone been able to book Pizza Safari for their family style dinner? DH thinks he'd like to try this since he have the DP, but I haven't seen any ressies at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter