February 2019 - Love, Love Love ... A month of loving Disney, Healthy Living, Yourself

I missed woohoo Wednesday yesterday. But here are my Thursday WooHoo's. I have drank 20 oz of water every day this month and I still have only drank pop this past Sunday only after i had my water. So I am doing really good on this front. Working out I need to get better but getting there. I was ready last night not to do anything but it was nice out and DH asked if i wanted to walk with him so I did. Baby steps but getting better.

Topsy-turvy.. what a fun concept!

Let's see, what can I turn around? I'm so old = I'm a heck of a lot younger than Nancy Pelosy (78) and Ruth Bader Ginsburg (85) and look what they are up to!

So, we're officially headed to a snow-magedon. There's a snow storm headed our direction tomorrow, that could bring up to 6 inches in the city. Then there's another one queued up for Monday/Tuesday which could dump even more. I'm planning ahead this time, and stocked up on basic groceries last night: there's about three weeks worth of cat food on hand, because Chewy double shipped me this week: I ordered boot crampons, auxiliary battery packs for my phone and hand warmers for delivery tomorrow: and tonight I'll make a run up to the hardware store for de-icer and maybe a snow shovel, if there are any. And of course I always have enough yarn on hand for a couple months of knitting! Oh, and I think I'll dig my snow shoes out, so I can go for some neighborhood walks.

Us, after this weekend?

My woohoo for yesterday was that the scale was down again this week.

Hmm... what can I turn upside down... "Uggh, I hate water" to "I'm glad we went with the better tile in this bathroom, since I'm spending my whole life in here..." ;P

Meanwhile, it breaking news, my nanny-plant is trying to drown me! Someone please tell that dandelion that neither it, nor I, need 103 oz of water per day!!! (But I'll give it a little longer before I give up entirely...)

Topsy Turvy thinking-I like it!

It’s too cold to walk outside today-so I’ll follow the plan the trainer at the Y gave me to do inside.

OR: I have a very warm coat, hat and gloves. And once I get on the trail, I enjoy being outside.

OR: Today’s a good day to check out the Anytime Fitness Center.

Oh my goodness - I am soooo glad its Friday - I must admit I am a little tired after my first full work week back after break.

Today and this weekend you get to decide what you want to chat about .... anything and everything

So, I made it up to the hardware store after work and asked the checkout gal if there was any de-icer, because I didn't see any, and she gave me that "seriously?" look.. I guess if you weren't there first thing in the morning to help unload the truck, well, no de-icer for you. Then I tried to swing thru the grocery store to pick up a few more things, but couldn't even get a parking spot. There were probably 20 other cars circling, so I (slowly) made my way thru the lot and just headed home. I guess even the shelves at COSTCO are striped bare.

The forecast for today was for light snow in the city starting early afternoon and then the heavy stuff to start later this evening, so I came in to the office. When I got off the bus, there was this little white thing floating thru the air, then another, and another. Dang... I'll probably be heading home around lunchtime.

So my plans for the weekend... sitting and knitting. Plus getting out to clear the snow off the front steps, and taking a walk around the neighborhood to soak in the white wonderfulness.

upload_2019-2-8_7-54-59.png

Last edited:
So, I made it up to the hardware store after work and asked the checkout gal if there was any de-icer, because I didn't see any, and she gave me that "seriously?" look.. I guess if you weren't there first thing in the morning to help unload the truck, well, no de-icer for you. Then I tried to swing thru the grocery store to pick up a few more things, but couldn't even get a parking spot. There were probably 20 other cars circling, so I (slowly) made my way thru the lot and just headed home. I guess even the shelves at COSTCO are striped bare.

The forecast for today was for light snow in the city starting early afternoon and then the heavy stuff to start later this evening, so I came in to the office. When I got off the bus, there was this little white thing floating thru the air, then another, and another. Dang... I'll probably be heading home around lunchtime.

So my plans for the weekend... sitting and knitting. Plus getting out to clear the snow off the front steps, and take a walk around the neighborhood to soak in the white wonderfulness.

View attachment 381281
That’s how it is around here when they call for 12+ inches! Isn’t it crazy? We’re supposed to get some snow next week, but not more than 7 inches. So I’ll probably go to the library and grocery store today. I have a feeling my book club will get canceled, which is a disappointment-we have a good group-usually at least 12 of us. Sunday we’re going to a Baltimore museum where my grandson is competing in a paper airplane contest. Then lunch at the Inner Harbor.
Have a great weekend everyone!

@Oneanne Good luck and stay safe! Sometimes people here will flock to the stores for bread and milk with just the mention of flurries.

My son got his cast off about an hour ago and he's already outside shooting hoops trying to strengthen his wrist for a game tomorrow. This weekend for me is a lot of the usual...his basketball game, my daughter has field hockey camp, visiting my family (and sweet baby nephew). I think my husband and I will be going out for an early Valentine's Day dinner on Saturday. Giving myself a little clearance on the eating (probably going over my calories, but still making decent food choices). Still planning to do my workouts and meet my other goals.

Sunday night for me here everyone, where did that weekend go :confused3

My landscaping project is ready for the sand to go down tomorrow (Dad and DS18 will do some and then I will do more when I get home from work) and then pavers are being delivered Tuesday afternoon.

Today has been my worst eating day since really trying to do better last month. I did honestly try this morning to do a Keto pancake - I even went to the shop bought the ingredients - but mucked up one measurement and then it all went downhill - I tried to turn it around but didn't have any eggs left to start completely over - I ended up eating a normal choc-chip pancake the kids were making. Lunch was on track. Then again - I don't know where my mind was - but for some reason I had Saturday night grocery store hours in my head and then when I arrived after picking DD up from work - I was stunned to find the store closed! So no food in the house! Off to take-out we went - I did only have a burger though - no chips! I have also had a couple of chocolates today.

I am not too happy about it - but I am keeping it in perspective - it was a couple of meals and treats in the scheme of doing really well for pretty much 3 weeks now. I am determined not to give up but just to treat tomorrow as another day and a new week of back on track eating.

Hope you have had a good weekend and @Oneanne and any one else with more extreme weather are okay :goodvibes

Sunday night for me here everyone, where did that weekend go :confused3

Today has been my worst eating day since really trying to do better last month. I did honestly try this morning to do a Keto pancake - I even went to the shop bought the ingredients - but mucked up one measurement and then it all went downhill - I tried to turn it around but didn't have any eggs left to start completely over - I ended up eating a normal choc-chip pancake the kids were making. Lunch was on track. Then again - I don't know where my mind was - but for some reason I had Saturday night grocery store hours in my head and then when I arrived after picking DD up from work - I was stunned to find the store closed! So no food in the house! Off to take-out we went - I did only have a burger though - no chips! I have also had a couple of chocolates today.

I am not too happy about it - but I am keeping it in perspective - it was a couple of meals and treats in the scheme of doing really well for pretty much 3 weeks now. I am determined not to give up but just to treat tomorrow as another day and a new week of back on track eating.

Hope you have had a good weekend and @Oneanne and any one else with more extreme weather are okay :goodvibes

I think you stayed on track more than you strayed off of it!

Sorry I'm MIA. I've been so sick and I'm still trying to get over it. It's been a week now. I may have to go to my doc...

topsy turvy: well, I've been feeling under the weather and have been fighting a bug for a few days. I kinda wish it would just overpower me so it'd be done and over instead of this feeling like it's never going to go away, but isn't all out horrible! Soooo, I haven't gotten my steps in. I'm telling myself I'm not failing that, but am taking care of my body by resting.

There is talk of snow again. I'll believe it when I see it! So far there have just been flakes here and there with nothing sticking. The wind is whipping so no chance of anything at all sticking any one place for long!! I'm sure students and teachers are hoping for more snow days!

We're doing secret Valentine at work this week. I had fun shopping for my Valentine and am looking forward to seeing what I'll get. Little surprises are so nice!

Welcome to Motivation Monday :yay::yay::yay:
What is motivating you this week?
Well, I had one bad night of eating and gained back a few pounds. And actually, it was just the small popcorn and peanut M&Ms that my husband & I shared at the movies...oh and maybe the margarita with dinner ;) But why is it that it takes like 2 weeks of healthy eating to lose a pound or two. But just one night of bad eating and 2-3 pounds are so easily gained?!?! Anyway, my motivation for this week...lose those extra pounds that I gained this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter