February 2019 - Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the revelation that Fantasmic! will be under refurbishment from Jan 22 - Spring of 2019, and the thought that WoC may not be back up I'm trying to figure out what our extra magic should be this trip. I'll be traveling with people who enjoy a good meal, but not quite as fancy as Napa Rose Chef's Counter. We're all adults and not that interested in character meals. We'd really been hoping for a Fantasmic! dinner package because you get a meal and a show. We've never done BB for dinner so maybe that will be a treat.

It'll all be fine, it will be magical and amazing no matter what because it's DL - but I'm starting to see why maybe they have offered these discount tickets for late winter/early spring.

Anyone have plans for something really special? Maybe you can inspire me to do something new!

I don’t know how your group feels about tours but that could be an option?

I also snagged a Lamplight Lounge reservation. Seems like a lot of us have! Excited to try it. Seems to have mixed reviews, but willing to give it a go.

I'm going with a friend will be there Feb 28 - Mar 3 at the Grand. We are doing Vegas for three nights before and one night on the Queen Mary after. It's been a few years since I've been to Disneyland so I'm excited to be headed back.

We’ll be there 2/5-2/13. Disney for 4 days as well as Universal and some other things! It’s my kids first time going (8 and 5) and my husbands first time!

Honestly, shouldn’t it be Mickey’s Magical Mix??? Lol, I am still scratching my head at that title.

I will say, add churros to your snack list! So good and such a Disneyland thing. Highly recommend the beignets as well. Hard to beat a coffee or hot chocolate and some beignets in the evening in New Orleans Square. The silver lining to Fantasmic being down is that New Orleans Square is so gorgeous at night and you can enjoy it without the crazy crowds. I love shopping over there, especially the perfume shop, they are so friendly and helpful. I can spend a whole evening there having dinner, dessert, shopping, and two fave rides: Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Can’t wait!!

Sounds great! I’ve booked my sit down meals for lunchtimes when the park
starts to get crazy and will be mobile ordering for the evening time and eating more on the go to maximise rides/shows (not that there are many) - does that sound silly to you?

starts to get crazy and will be mobile ordering for the evening time and eating more on the go to maximise rides/shows (not that there are many) - does that sound silly to you?

Sounds perfect to me. The soup in a bread bowl in New Orleans Square is pretty tasty (Harbour Galley or Royal Street Verandah). Probably would skip French Market Cafe in NOS, haven’t been too impressed with them.

Myself, my husband, and my four year old daughter will be there February 23 - March 1. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Chose the closeness over a continental breakfast. I'm sad that Fantasmic is down :( I wasn't even sure what it's hours were anyways but the confirmation that it's 100 percent down is sad. And what was the mention about the princess castle being down?

This is exactly what we do!

Myself, my husband, and my four year old daughter will be there February 23 - March 1. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Chose the closeness over a continental breakfast. I'm sad that Fantasmic is down :( I wasn't even sure what it's hours were anyways but the confirmation that it's 100 percent down is sad. And what was the mention about the princess castle being down?
Yes, it's expected that Sleeping Beauty Castle will have some covering ("scrim") over it. Last time they did this (2015, I think) they had an artist's rendering of the castle from before it was built. It was neat to see what they had thought it might look like!

We are checking in at the BWPPI on Feb 2 with our first park day on the 3rd. Getting really excited now that Christmas is over. We haven’t been in 4 years and finding it a little ironic that the Castle was completely covered up with canvases on our last visit and sounds like more of the same this time. Also a little disappointed with the lack of night time entertainment. Although we are super stoked the Matterhorn will be running. The last time we got to ride was 2007 and we’ve been to the parks 4 times since then.

Oh, that would be a fantastic time to get the call! We brought our youngest daughter home through the foster system. I remember getting the call to schedule the court appearance; what an amazing moment. I didn't get to give birth to her-- but I wanted my "here's your baby" moment, even though she was 10 years old, haha. So, we did the whole court appearance thing, and I had my little moment. Are you going to do anything "extra" to let him know if it happens in the parks?
Well he's only 4 so the whole situation is confusing. We've actually started to talk about it now with him in a way he'll understand.

Hello fellow Feb. trippers. The family and I will be going Feb 12th-16th. We will be staying at Castle Inn and Suites. Has anyone had any experiences here? We have been to DL many times but have never tried this hotel. The last time we went to DL was on NYE two years ago so I'm looking forward to seeing it a little less crowded.

I'm checking in February 13th through the 16th! I'm from Florida and decided to make the trip to see Panic at the Disco on the 14th and go to Disneyland. I've only been to Disneyland once before and that was in 2011 so I'm so excited!

We just decided to return - will be there from Feb 11th to the 18th and we are staying at the HOJO as that is our go-to hotel.

I have a conference in Ontario, so close enough for me to drive over to DL. I will be solo at DL on Feb 10 from noon until tired and likely the evenings of the 11th and 12th.

My family is visiting DL for the first time Feb. 14-18, just three days in the parks and a "rest" day visiting other local sites. We are WDW vets, ready to learn all about how the West Coasters do it. Planning two days in DL and one in DCA, staying at Spring Hill Suites. Have reservations at the Plaza for Minnie's character breakfast and Carthay Circle (word is that's one of THE places to eat, right?) We already booked Max Pass before the price went up so that's one bonus. Appreciate any advice.

February is getting pretty close! I updated the list for all the new people joining the Feb crowd.

My travel partners and I have locked in all of our reservations...well maybe we'll do one more. We're debating breakfast. I love Carnation Cafe but the hotel has free breakfast. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to start working on this trips "Food Bucket List" this week. The list is long, but the will is mighty so I'm hoping we get through most of it! Craving a corn dog right about now! 43 days to go!!

will be staying at DLH 1/31 to 2/4 to celebrate my birthday. Adults only, just me and my honey. No kids this trip ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!