February 2019 - Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin M

Mouseketeer
I did a quick search and didn't see that there was a Feb thread yet. If this is a duplicate I can delete it.

I'll be back at the parks (just got back two weeks ago!) Feb 23-26! Going with coworkers, adults only! One is a pro and enthusiast like me, the other three are either first timers or only go very rarely. We're staying at DI&S, I'm a little nervous about it, but hoping the proximity makes up for anything else. We will spend almost all of our hours in the parks anyway!

Coworker #1 and I did this same weekend last year and had an absolute blast! We've decided this will be our last trip for a while, while Star Wars mellows out. We're going to do it up right! Planning to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, hopefully WoC, and Fantasmic, and eating ALL the things.

So, anyone else going in February?

The February List:
dreeger - 1/31-2/4 - DLH
Matheke - 2/2-8 Hampton Inn and VGC
tykayausjake - 2/2
Youngdeb12 - 2/2-9 Courtyard
Meriweather - 2/3-8 GCV
Kate16428 - 2/4-7 DGC
Mom2rb - 2/4-7
2pbarn01 - 2/5-8
MindyP90 - 2/5-13
YayforMickey - 2/6-10 Tropicana
hoplow1968 - 2/7-8
mummabear - 2/7-21
Bruin_mouse 2/9-14 VGC
Elk Grove Chris - 2/10-12
Amanda&Mike - 2/10-14
jimmytammy - 2/10-15 DGC
sherilaine - 2/11-18 - HOJO
disgirlsx3 - 2/12-16 - Castle Inn and Suites
Erica_Haley - 2/13-16
acamusic - 2/14-18 Spring Hill Suites
ArchOwl - 2/14-18
MikRx - 2/15-18
EyeonDisney - 2/14-18
Sarahelizabeth - 2/15-18
Disney Lvr of Old - 2/17-24 HOJO
bronxgirl - 2/18-23
ShannonG - 2/18-24 Tropicana
lalamama - 2/20-24 DI&S
Erin M. - 2/23-27 DI&S
MischaOz - 2/23-28
Creen14 - 2/23-3/1
to be tink - 2/23-3/2
LizzyS - 2/24-27
ProudMom - 2/25-27
Dakotix - 2/26-3/7
*tinker*bell* - 2/28-3/3
Creen14- end of the month

Last edited:
I have the same dates! Staying at CCI for the first time in years. We stayed at PPH the last few times and that's just not in the budget this time. I've never been during that time of year so I'm excited to experience a California winter. I'm from Oregon so a little rain won't bother me. I'm really hoping WOC and F! are up and running. I'm sure things will be down but there should be plenty to do otherwise.

How was it when you went at this time last year? Weather wise and refurb wise?

I have the same dates! Staying at CCI for the first time in years. We stayed at PPH the last few times and that's just not in the budget this time. I've never been during that time of year so I'm excited to experience a California winter. I'm from Oregon so a little rain won't bother me. I'm really hoping WOC and F! are up and running. I'm sure things will be down but there should be plenty to do otherwise.

I'm from Oregon too!! Last year there were a few things down, Splash was the big one, but really we didn't miss it too much. I am a little worried there will be more down this year as they prep for Star Wars and get the park in tip top shape, but that's just a theory. It might be just fine.

The weather last year was great, a little chilly at night but we wore t-shirts and jeans all day, put on a layer or two at night.

I'm from Oregon too!! Last year there were a few things down, Splash was the big one, but really we didn't miss it too much. I am a little worried there will be more down this year as they prep for Star Wars and get the park in tip top shape, but that's just a theory. It might be just fine.

The weather last year was great, a little chilly at night but we wore t-shirts and jeans all day, put on a layer or two at night.

I'm preparing my mind for things being down so it's not a shock. Most of our trips over the years have been in the summer when everything is up, so I feel a bit spoiled! I'm just happy to be going again. It's been over two years for me!

I did a quick search and didn't see that there was a Feb thread yet. If this is a duplicate I can delete it.

I'll be back at the parks (just got back two weeks ago!) Feb 23-26! Going with coworkers, adults only! One is a pro and enthusiast like me, the other three are either first timers or only go very rarely. We're staying at DI&S, I'm a little nervous about it, but hoping the proximity makes up for anything else. We will spend almost all of our hours in the parks anyway!

Coworker #1 and I did this same weekend last year and had an absolute blast! We've decided this will be our last trip for a while, while Star Wars mellows out. We're going to do it up right! Planning to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, hopefully WoC, and Fantasmic, and eating ALL the things.

So, anyone else going in February?

Yes, my husband and I will be there the 24th-27th celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! What day were you thinking of doing the tour because we are going to do it, too, on the 26th at noon.

We've gone during this approximate time period multiple times and we always enjoy it. We've only had rain on one trip, though it was a bit of a soaker!

We will be there from 2/10-2/14. It will be our first trip to Disneyland, we've been going to WDW 3 or 4 times a year for the last 7 years, decided it was time to experience Disneyland:goofy:

February 2-8. Staying at the Hampton on Saturday then moving to a 1 bedroom at VGC. Looking forward to the Lunar New Year and posibly Disneyland After Dark on the 7th.

Hi everyone!

I’ll be heading over to Disneyland on February 14th - February 18th!

I’ll be travelling from Paris - LAX just for a few days in DL ($360 flights return!!!) It’s all very surreal because I live about a 1 hour drive from Disneyland Paris so it’s strange (but exciting) to be learning all over again.

I am HOPING that Splash Mountain won’t be down for refurb but I won’t hold my breath!

I'll be there 2/20-2/24 at DI&S.

(Thanks for starting the thread! I did one for a different trip this last year, and just couldn't keep up with it, so I was hoping some one else would start it for this trip before I got anxious and did it :) )

Hi everyone!

I’ll be heading over to Disneyland on February 14th - February 18th!

I’ll be travelling from Paris - LAX just for a few days in DL ($360 flights return!!!) It’s all very surreal because I live about a 1 hour drive from Disneyland Paris so it’s strange (but exciting) to be learning all over again.

I am HOPING that Splash Mountain won’t be down for refurb but I won’t hold my breath!

These are my dates as well! How exciting to be traveling from Paris! I want to visit DL Paris sometime, your castle looks especially lovely.

I will be in the parks with my husband for our 15th wedding anniversary. It’s been awhile since we have visited for a multi-day vacation (some one-day trips here and there).

But I’ve never used MaxPass and I’m in full research mode for all the changes. Exciting!

I have visited during this timeframe many times in years past and sad to say it’s not unusual for Splash to be down. I hope it isn’t, but regardless it will be a fun time. :teeth:

Hi! I’ll be there Feb 23-28 for my 40th birthday! I’m a WDW vet and have been at WDW for my last few birthdays and decided to do something different for my 40th!

This thread has been added to the sticky DLR Meets Thread. :flower:
I've been here like almost 7 years, and had never looked in that sticky, because it said 0 replies, so I honestly figured it said something like, "This post says that Disboards does not allow meet-up planning, so figure out a different place to discuss it!" LOL

So glad I know where to look in the future for planning threads!

Did you find good airfare? I keep waiting hoping for a sale.

Did you find good airfare? I keep waiting hoping for a sale.
I had air miles on Alaska, only 15k for the trip. It was a pretty good deal. Are you flying out of PDX?

I have set alerts on Kayak before when I was hoping for sales. Twice I’ve had success with that.

These are my dates as well! How exciting to be traveling from Paris! I want to visit DL Paris sometime, your castle looks especially lovely.

I will be in the parks with my husband for our 15th wedding anniversary. It’s been awhile since we have visited for a multi-day vacation (some one-day trips here and there).

But I’ve never used MaxPass and I’m in full research mode for all the changes. Exciting!

I have visited during this timeframe many times in years past and sad to say it’s not unusual for Splash to be down. I hope it isn’t, but regardless it will be a fun time. :teeth:

Yes I am intending on bringing lots of park maps from DLP as well as some special treats (like DLP specific pins) to give the CMs I meet along the way my own sprinkle of pixie dust (if you see me say hi and you can have some too - I’ll be wearing DLP specific merch including spirit jerseys etc)

DLPs castle is a sight to behold and I hope you’ll get to see it one day too it is by FAR my favorite one!

Anyway I have done some research on previous years and splash is only ever open in February after a very lengthy refurbishment the year prior - and with Grizly River Runndown for refurb in DCA I’m hoping to be in luck...

But if not there is so much to see and do (AND EAT) that maybe it’s a good thing it’ll be closed because I would probably just spend a day riding it!

I’m excited to see the valentines celebrations I’m just wondering if crowds will really be as busy as crowd calendars are predicting?

We are going February 15 through the 18th. I can’t wait! We usually go in May and last year went in April which was great crowd wise. I know the weekend of the 15th is a holiday weekend so I’m hoping it’s not too bad. I can’t wait to go and with 4 days and max pass we will have a great time and I’m sure get to everything we want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter