Feb 2020 Thread

I, always the hopeful one, am planning for FPs for Slinky Dog Dash - a girl can dream, right? :lmao:
I have the same dream so I hope so! :rotfl:

Awww that´s a lovely shirt! And you´re a lovely aunt! I´m sure she´s gonna love the surprise and the plans!
Thanks so much!

Am I the only person with about 26 various lists already? FP I hope to get, shirts I want to make, things I need to pack etc...
I think my Google Sheet has 12 tabs maybe? lol I have lists upon lists. It just makes me feel more comfortable.. in control... i don't know but I like it lol. I have made 3 out of my 6 shirts I want so thats good! Its just with the Holidays coming I feel like a whole month will go by with no trip organizing so I feel like I need to have it all under control now lol.

Just wanted to let you guys know, if you are flying SW, check your emails. Since the max 8s are still grounded, you may be able to move your flight around.

I think my Google Sheet has 12 tabs maybe? lol I have lists upon lists. It just makes me feel more comfortable.. in control... i don't know but I like it lol. I have made 3 out of my 6 shirts I want so thats good! Its just with the Holidays coming I feel like a whole month will go by with no trip organizing so I feel like I need to have it all under control now lol.
See, I always have this problem of waiting til the last minute, not getting the project done and then having regrets. Even starting a month ago, I have projects planned but not started.

Just wanted to let you guys know, if you are flying SW, check your emails. Since the max 8s are still grounded, you may be able to move your flight around.
What kind of email did you receive?

From southwest, changes to your upcoming trip. Ours only switched planes apparently but I might use this to our advantage and take an earlier fight.
I don't know if mine changed, but it's still giving me the option to change flights!

I don't know if mine changed, but it's still giving me the option to change flights!
That's great! Keep in mind you can even change dates. If you can talk your travel partners into a few extra days or something.....

Seriously though, if it let's you change your departure flight too, maybe go with a later flight that day and do a park day.

Hi everyone, thought I would join the group if it is okay! We are going in Feb too. Most of our group is going the 14-25 and part is 14-21 due to school. We are coming from Canada so most of the group is lucky to get the Canadian tickets but myself and my dad are AP holders.

We have:
My dad
Myself and my husband
Son and DIL
daughter and her boyfriend
and two of my best friends.

Staying at all stars due to our weak dollar and doing the QSDP

We are looking at doing Keys to the Kingdom tour, maybe the villian night, and depending on weather trying to go to Volcano Bay. We love TL and it is closed so we thought try something new.

Fastpass day is approaching so starting my spreadsheet this week!

Am I the only person with about 26 various lists already? FP I hope to get, shirts I want to make, things I need to pack etc... The fun part is trying to keep them away from the kids.
I have a budget spreadsheet (all closed up now, since we took care of everything we had to pay for), my beloved planning spreadsheet, list of favorite QS and snacks, list of possible FPs, list of trip data (plane ticket numbers, hotel confirmation, etc), packing list... I think I´m some sort of control freak, maybe. :rolleyes1

Hi everyone, thought I would join the group if it is okay! We are going in Feb too. Most of our group is going the 14-25 and part is 14-21 due to school. We are coming from Canada so most of the group is lucky to get the Canadian tickets but myself and my dad are AP holders.

We have:
My dad
Myself and my husband
Son and DIL
daughter and her boyfriend
and two of my best friends.

Staying at all stars due to our weak dollar and doing the QSDP

We are looking at doing Keys to the Kingdom tour, maybe the villian night, and depending on weather trying to go to Volcano Bay. We love TL and it is closed so we thought try something new.

Fastpass day is approaching so starting my spreadsheet this week!

Hello and welcome! How nice to have your family with you! You guys leave the day after we arrive ;)
Have a wonderful trip and happy planning!

I'm looking for some trip planning advice. I'd like to throw in a third park day on 2/28, but I'm not sure. I'd love to do HS which opens at 9, so we would have until around 3:30. Debating on if that's enough time and if it justifies spending an extra $90 per person. Would love to hear y'alls thoughts.

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently MK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
2/29 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
3/1 - Plan on Doing AK all day
3/2 - fly out at 6:35PM

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently AK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM (I will probably do MK by myself during the day (EMH at 8AM) b/c I can't go to WDW and not go to MK. Mom and niece might go but it's a $90 difference per person for an extra day)
3/1 - Plan on Doing HS all day with morning EMH
3/2 - fly out at 11:20AM

thoughts?

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently AK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM (I will probably do MK by myself during the day (EMH at 8AM) b/c I can't go to WDW and not go to MK. Mom and niece might go but it's a $90 difference per person for an extra day)
3/1 - Plan on Doing HS all day with morning EMH
3/2 - fly out at 11:20AM

thoughts?
I still think you could fly out later on the 2nd and do a park that day. We have an 1055 flight that day. The kids will probably be zombies at school the next day. I kind of have my fingers crossed for a snow delay at school but willing to take a chance for a day at mk.

I still think you could fly out later on the 2nd and do a park that day. We have an 1055 flight that day. The kids will probably be zombies at school the next day. I kind of have my fingers crossed for a snow delay at school but willing to take a chance for a day at mk.
Flying back earlier in the day was the 1 thing my mom wanted since we both have work and my niece has school the next day. Unfortunately, we're in LA so no snow for us!

Flying back earlier in the day was the 1 thing my mom wanted since we both have work and my niece has school the next day. Unfortunately, we're in LA so no snow for us!
Ooooohhhh, that makes sense. I think switching arrival day to AK was a good move. Just make sure you aren't over tired for your first Universal evening.

We're booked and planned; Feb 10 - Feb 15 - Boardwalk DVC Studio Villa! It'll be me, DH and DS13, DS will be staying with Grammie over Valentine's day night so we can be romantic! :) She lives about 45m away.

The new Arts Festival in Epcot is in Feb and I'm super excited about it! From all reports it has more things to do and better food than F&W.

I just added 2 nights at the Gran Destino on Feb 8 & 9 (got the AP discount) to give us more time during the Arts Festival, and got Le Cellier Brunch reservations! :)

The closer we get to Christmas, the more I want to just tell my kids about the trip on Christmas morning. This afternoon I told them that someone on the message board wanted to know whether they should tell their kids for Christmas or wake them up the morning of with the surprise. They both (just the big ones) said without hesitation wait until the morning of. So I'm back to keeping the secret until February....

The closer we get to Christmas, the more I want to just tell my kids about the trip on Christmas morning. This afternoon I told them that someone on the message board wanted to know whether they should tell their kids for Christmas or wake them up the morning of with the surprise. They both (just the big ones) said without hesitation wait until the morning of. So I'm back to keeping the secret until February....
That would kill me to keep the secret! It's well worth it though. We recently had a surprise birthday party and the look on my daughter's face was priceless. :)

We are going to surprise our kids by telling them about our first Disney World Vacation on Christmas for 2/15-2/25. I am beyond excited! I already put up all our Christmas decorations because I want it to hurry and be Christmas already so we can tell them haha. They understand how expensive it is to go and how it takes a long time to save for it so they don't think we can go for a couple more years. They set up a cute little savings jar in their playroom and put all their coins in it. They want to go so bad! Its going to be a sweet moment when they find out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!