Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

The characters are intensely unlikable.

The plot is snail paced.

They went from having a funeral, and the boy freaking out and throwing his mom's body over board, and the girl freaking out about them not going to pick up her new radio"friend", to a slo-mo faux Thanksgiving-style family dinner around the table????

I don't get this show.

Does anyone remember that faux "end of the world" type reality show set in LA (supposedly) that had real people with different areas of expertise thrown together to try and "survive" using only their skills, despite "attacks" from the renegade outside world? I hate to say it, but IT was more realistic than this show is!

I live in a rural area surrounded by common folk who would have more common sense if a zombie apocalypse happened than any of these people do (except for the immigrant father, probably, he seems pretty smart).

Terri

Why are the called the Infected and not Walkers?
Everyone calls them something different. It's very early on, so to them they are infected people. Even on TWD they have had several different names for them, walkers, roamers, biters, etc.

Way too many unbelievable parts in this last episode:
  • They are having a dinner party, not immediately starting a rationing system?
  • Strand was shortsighted enough to leave the radio free for anyone to use, and hence give away the location (by triangulation if nothing else)?
  • Strand found out Alicia was using said radio for such purposes and let her KEEP the radio?
  • How in the world did that shot-up boat get so close without anyone knowing?
  • Thick fog appears in open sea on a sunny day?
  • Strand wouldn't have seen said fog and thought "Well hell if we're staying near that"
  • Nick, in the water, swims underwater into a zombie-infested boat? As if!
  • Nick, while fighting a zombie in the water, knows to get the boat's log book, because clearly that will drive the next plot point?
Ugh

• Strand was shortsighted enough to leave the radio free for anyone to use, and hence give away the location (by triangulation if nothing else)?
  • Strand found out Alicia was using said radio for such purposes and let her KEEP the radio?
Ugh
No one left the radio free, they specifically gave Alicia the radio and told her to scan it and listen, to find out what might be going on in other areas, and find out where it might be safe.

I thought Fog too, but I realized eventually it was smoke from the burned boat.

I thought the whole Alicia giving their location away was so idiotic. Really, is she that stupid. I also don't think it's that unbelievable they are out for themselves so soon. They are on a yacht, it's not as easy to take people in as if they were in a home or a whole community.
I don't know how I feel about Strand. He doesn't seem like a nice guy but he did help them and I can't figure out a reason why except for the fact that he wanted to help them. I think he took a liking to Nick and just wanted to help. He seems to be alone, maybe he just didn't want to be alone, so this way he has an instant family so to speak, but who knows. Maybe he has plans to sell each and every one of them lol.

Well I am just hoping that some salty sea water will be enough to mute the stench that must be emanating from Nick! Yikes. Like the character but he's getting gross already.

Well I am just hoping that some salty sea water will be enough to mute the stench that must be emanating from Nick! Yikes. Like the character but he's getting gross already.
He can't possibly smell much worse than Daryl LOL. I drool over Daryl, but he is pretty slimy and now, in major need of a hair cut.

I am so not impressed with this show. I was hoping the season opener would be much better then last season but it was worse.
This show skips forward so much that I'm always thinking wow where did that come from, why are there fires, how did the zombies all get inside the mansion. They are trying to cram so much into each episode that they really are losing the way we connect with the characters.
So far I do not like any of the actors. Nick is the worse. His over the top, stumbling, spaced out, drug addict portrayal is laughable. His mom is trying to set herself as a main cast member but she really doesn't fit the part.

Even watching the Talking Dead after was hard to watch. Poor Chris Hardwick was sitting there in that chair like he was at the most boring party he had ever been to.
I will give this show one more chance this week but if it gets no better I'll find something else to watch. Unfortunately after seeing the awful preview for Sunday I am probably going to be looking for a new show.

• They are having a dinner party, not immediately starting a rationing system?
  • How in the world did that shot-up boat get so close without anyone knowing?
  • Strand wouldn't have seen said fog and thought "Well hell if we're staying near that"
  • Nick, in the water, swims underwater into a zombie-infested boat? As if!
  • Nick, while fighting a zombie in the water, knows to get the boat's log book, because clearly that will drive the next plot point?
Ugh
I thought the same way about everything you listed. The dinner party was hysterical. Nick was playing with the eel with the knife and they were all chatting like it was just another Sunday dinner! The world is ending and they are having a nice dinner with full bowls of food. Was about the oddest scene of this episode.
The producers really need to rethink the writing of this show. It's so bad it's hard to watch. DH we're literally laughing at how bad it was.

Did anyone notice that some on this thread are saying that the show moves too slow and others that the show moves too fast? I don't know how I feel about that but I do think that the show is pretty silly. I'll keep watching it as long as it stays fun though and I do think that it's fun so far.

Did anyone notice that some on this thread are saying that the show moves too slow and others that the show moves too fast? I don't know how I feel about that but I do think that the show is pretty silly. I'll keep watching it as long as it stays fun though and I do think that it's fun so far.
Can't make everyone happy all the time! Same thing happens for TWD. A "character" episode is hailed by some and decried by others. For me, I liked last years pace of FTWD better. I really wanted them to delve more into the day to day what happened and all that before jumping into the full-on craziness of TWD stuff. On this seasons premiere, I was pretty confused that now it's night, there are fires all over and the house is overrun with walkers. WTH??? It was just a sunny day with the mom being shot in the head, what happened?

The characters are still so naive. Walking around with head phones on, no weapons etc... I can't believe they were going to take those kids without telling the dad.

It was okay. I am hanging in.....for now. I liked how they found that strange homesteading family. I really want to find out the deal with Strand, obviously up to something. Getting sick of the tension between Strand and Maddy.

I liked that episode, it did start moving the story forward.

I think people do need to stop comparing it to TWD. I'm certain that if TWD was shown during the same time frame the characters would have acted in a similar manner.

I tried to watch last night but fell asleep. Dh gave up halfway thru. We will finish tonight but we just don't like it. Dd watched it and thought it was just ok.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter