FCC: 25% of what?

Seamama

DIS Veteran
We had an Alaska cruise booked for Aug 2020, which changed (before DCL canceled it) to Aug 2021. Since it was a change (not a cancel/rebook), the reservation number stayed the same.

Now that the Alaska season has been canceled by DCL, we’re going to take the FCC and place it on our already-booked Aug 2022 cruise.

I know that the 25% bonus credit is only on the cruise package price (not taxes/fees), but I’m wondering if it’ll be based on our 2020 cruise price or our 2021 price? Thanks.

How did the 2021 price compare to the 2020 cruise and at the time you pushed it out did you have to pay any extra out-of-pocket to PIF the 2021 cruise? I think if you moved the 2020 cruise well before it was officially canceled, then you didn't earn FCC for it.

It is based on the price of the cruise you booked that was cancelled (August 2021), assuming it was PIF

I think the FCC "bonus" is 25% of the amount of cruise fare that you actually paid. If you paid in full "out of pocket" for the 2021 cruise, that should be the basis for the FCC.

Yes, the fare went up 3k (we got higher category cabins) so we paid more out of pocket at that time. We knew we wouldn’t get FCC on the 2020 cruise because we chose to change the sail date before they canceled it but I was wondering which fare they’d use for the 25% calculation since the reservation number for that and the 2021 cruise stayed the same.

How did the 2021 price compare to the 2020 cruise and at the time you pushed it out did you have to pay any extra out-of-pocket to PIF the 2021 cruise? I think if you moved the 2020 cruise well before it was officially canceled, then you didn't earn FCC for it.

Assuming your cruise was PIF, the 125% will be for the cruise fare paid in 2021. If you did not PIF, then the amount paid will be refunded back to the original form of payment.

If you want to know how much FCC you have, book a new cruise for the same passengers, go to the payment page and click on apply FCC and it will show you how much you received for each passenger. You don't have to complete the booking, it's just a good way to see how much $$$ is in your account. For some reason, this amount will only show up on new bookings, not on cruises that were booked prior to the cancellation. So, you can't apply the payment online to your 2022 cruise but you can call DCL and they can apply it for you. It's a weird glitch but at least you have the opportunity to see what you have. And that FCC will show up in your account for any future cruises you try to book. Just not cruises that are already booked.

Yes, the fare went up 3k (we got higher category cabins) so we paid more out of pocket at that time. We knew we wouldn’t get FCC on the 2020 cruise because we chose to change the sail date before they canceled it but I was wondering which fare they’d use for the 25% calculation since the reservation number for that and the 2021 cruise stayed the same.
It will be based on the canceled 2021 cruise fare.

I had cruises in May and August get cancelled last year, both cancelled after PIF. The August one was more expensive but I only got to 125% on the original May fare. The extra I paid for the August cruise converted to FCC, but only 100%, no 25% bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter