Favourite Disney World Resorts

Stayed at values years ago, won't go back.
Favorite mod- POR, love the atmosphere and grounds.
Favorite deluxe - GF, just love the lobby and beauty of it.A close second is the BC. Love the CR because it was the first hotel we stayed at when the kids were young great memories.
Favorite DVC villas- GFV, BWV and BLT

I have only stayed at a few. Here they are in my order of preference:

Boardwalk Inn--stayed once, CL. I LOVED the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and HS
Wilderness Lodge--stayed once, not CL. Beautiful hotel and I love the rustic feel. Also loved being able to walk to the beach to watch that electrical water parade.
Yacht Club--stayed once, CL. Again I loved the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and HS. I just liked the theme of BWI more.
Polynesian--stayed once, not CL. Convenient location to the monorail, nice large rooms--but the theme just wasn't as exciting to me as I thought it would be

They were all very nice, and I would definitely stay at any one of them again--but right now I have a "goal" to stay in each Disney resort at least once. Coming up I have POR in Oct. and POFQ in Nov! :)

That's an awesome goal to have. It's my dream to eventually be able to say I've stayed at every Disney Resort. I've got a long way to go, though! Especially when I want to return to the ones I've loved so far.

I've been to:

All Star Music-(I'd give it a solid B)
Caribbean Beach-(Been there twice...love it...A-)
Fort Wilderness Cabins(...wish we had rented a car though...A)
Disney Institute Villas(...boring...and extinct...B-)
Coronado Springs(Magnificent themed pool area...but way too spread out...B-)
Boardwalk Inn(Love it, love it, LOVE IT...A+)
Polynesian(Love it, love it, LOVE IT...A+)

Value: My first time back to WDW since 1990 my teenage son and I stayed at Pop. We thoroughly enjoyed the resort even though the room was smallish with full size beds. That was fine when it was just the two of us, but I've returned to WDW every year since with my adult kids/kids-in-law - 3 to 5 of us each trip, so it was time for a change...

Moderate: Haven't tried any.

Deluxe: AKL - 6 times, WL - twice, Poly - once. While the WL and Poly were fabulous in their own right, as you might guess the AKL is our favorite. We had been staying in Pool View rooms until late last August when I "splurged" and booked a Savannah View. And now I'm spoiled. It was absolutely awesome to sit out on the balcony early in the morning or later in the day after a maniacal day at the parks to just relax and watch the various wildlife roam the grounds. One thing people complain about regarding AKL is that it seems too remote. What they don't realize is that the AKL buses don't share with any other resort, so it's like taking a non-stop flight to get to your destination. Yes, it may take 20 minutes or so to get to some of the parks, but it beats making two or three additional stops while people push their way onto a crowded bus. And the ride to the Animal Kingdom Park is only a couple of minutes. Savannah View at AKL - can't be beat in my opinion!!

My Favourite Value Resort Hotel: Disney's Pop Century Resort
(but I have never tried Art of Animation ... so it could potential trump POP)

My Favourite Moderate Resort Hotel: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
I have stayed at them all (except for The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort)

My favourite Deluxe Resort Hotel: Disney's Polynesian Resort
I have also stayed at CR, AKL, BC

My favourite Deluxe Villas: Bay Lake Tower
I have never stayed at The Villa's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ...so it could trump BLT
I have stayed at Kidani Village, BCV, Saratoga

Overall - my favourite resort is the POLY ... but I must say that I am starting to get spoiled with the larger Villas where we have separate rooms and more privacy

I have stayed at:

Value: ASMu,AS Sports

Moderate:
CSR - nice birthday visit there
POFQ - had a lovely corner room

Deluxe:
WL - second fav for overall ambience but now as ECV user, the boat is an issue
Poly - love the large room
GF - lovely lobby and other public spaces
YC CL -this is my favorite overall It is convenient for EPCOT as I can just drive the ECV over. I enjoy going around and photographing the architectural features of the EPCOT resorts.
BW - favorite Christmas decor
BC - love the lobby
BWV

Other:
OKW
Sarasota Springs when it was the Disney institute

Am returning to YC this year but considering CR next year for 60th birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter