• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite summer shoe for Disney?

Telic Sandals
"This beautifully designed sandal has an anatomically correct footbed and is offered in four colors. With a slight wedge, it can be dressed up or dressed down. It is contoured to support the arches of your feet and has a deep heel cup with great medial arch and metatarsal support. This is an excellent sandal for people who love arch support and cushioning, yet want something a little dressier than a flip flop. It floats, is non-porous, anti- bacterial, and machine washable! "

Sanuk yoga mat 3 flip flops. They have better support than the older yoga mat flip flops and I live in them all summer long.

For our 5 day WDW trip I had Ryka skywalk and did really well.

A few weeks ago I wore my ascics running shoes for a 2 day DL trip and ended up with blisters on 6 toes, including double blisters on my pinkies! :( I put moleskin on my heels because one foot is slightly smaller so I have a hard time getting a good fit, but didn't think to put it on my toes ahead of time. Once you have blisters it's too late to fix them with moleskin. It just rubs more. I used good toe bandaids preemptively on the WDW trip but didn't have them this time because I didn't think 2 days would be a big deal.

Chaco's 1000%. I have the ones with the z style straps. I had never owned a pair (expensive, imo) and bought some on clearance (not the prettiest) and wore them first. THIS IS THE KEY--- wear them ahead of time and take several walks. My chacos rubbed a bit and even rubbed a sore spot where the strap rubbed on the top of my foot but once my skin calloused/scarred there, I've never had an issue and I wore them all over WDW. It's great to have something that won't get ruined by stepping in a huge rain puddle you can't avoid in the mid-afternoon down pour. That was in 2015 and I wear them every summer. They hardly show signs of wear and are worth the price. I have since bought another pair because I found them at an even better price.

What are your favorite summer shoes for Disney? I have a lot of trouble with my feet, but I love to walk. What shoes do you recommend for July? Sneakers are usually my best bet, but it’s too hot? Thank you!
Teva Sandels
What are your favorite summer shoes for Disney? I have a lot of trouble with my feet, but I love to walk. What shoes do you recommend for July? Sneakers are usually my best bet, but it’s too hot? Thank you!
tTevas

I love my New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz shoes - they have a foam innersole which is so comfortable and the upper is a mesh knit so they're really light weight and dry quickly if they get wet, plus are flexible enough that they keep up with my swollen feet in the heat. The only time I've ever got blisters on a Disney trip was when I wore some black pumps as part of a costume for MNSSHP and forgot that while they are comfortable at home, they wouldn't be comfortable in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter