Favorite Solo Activity

I haven't done a solo trip but I have a few mornings/afternoons to myself while the others go to Universal or have a day off the parks (we go for 17 days but I can't take a break from the parks!). I dine at places and go to shows the others aren't interested in e.g. Yak & Yeti restaurant, Sci-Fi diner, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen sing-a-long, and I book all the fastpasses for my favourite attractions.

My favorite solo activity is to go slow. Stop and look at things that I used to rush by. Another fave is to have a slow signature lunch or dinner. Enjoy the food (yum), the atmosphere and service. Do what I (not someone else!) want to do, when I want to do it. Its sleeping in or getting up early for rope drop, whatever I feel like doing that day. If I don't get on a ride, that's okay. Being at Disneyworld just makes me happy.

I like to sit in the Aviary in the Maharajah jungle trek in AK. It is very peaceful for me.

This made me smile. One thing I love about my solo trips is hustling through the bird exhibit. (DH loves it.) I skip the bird show too. I might be just the tiniest bit afraid of birds and hate things flying over my head!

I think taking it slow is probably key for my solo visits. I scout for FP+ every 15 minutes or so and I'm usually able to nab a couple of good ones! In the meantime, I enjoy trading pins with CMs, grabbing some starbucks or ice cream and people watching. Stopping to watch street shows like the Dapper Dans, or trash can percussionists at EPCOT. Browse for new merch, and like @LindaC , enjoy a nice slow lunch! One thing I wish Disney implemented more of is shaded outside sitting areas (trees, awnings, etc). It can be so hot!

This made me smile. One thing I love about my solo trips is hustling through the bird exhibit. (DH loves it.) I skip the bird show too. I might be just the tiniest bit afraid of birds and hate things flying over my head!

My husband is like you. He hates aviaries and when we go to our local zoo, we skip it. So this is another bonus of going places solo, you don't have to skip things that you love because someone else does not want to go. And it is usually the Moms that get the short end of the stick because they do what the rest of the family wants to do to keep them happy. I love my solo trips.

Go to MK. Tap in for a fast pass and then get next fp for whatever ride is immediately available while walking through the queue. Repeat all day.

If there is a gap between current ride and next fp then it is TTA until I can use it.

Ever since obtaining a weekday select pass, i've been the parks enjoying more. Last 10+ years WDW's always been a spring/summer retreat but now experiencing fall, around the holidays and the cool weather.

I love taking all the transportation options.

From POFQ boat to Disney Springs>bus to AK Lodge>bus to DHS>boat to Epcot>Monorail to TranspoHub>monorail to MK>boat to Fort Wilderness>boat to Contemporary>resort monorail to MK >ferry to transpohub. Next solo trip I'll have to figure in the Skyliner.
Muahaha same here. With my family in November we had a little fun and tried:
Start AoA (our lodging) > Skyliner to Epcot > Boat to HS > Skyliner to Epcot > walk thru for snacks > Monorail to TTC > Monorail to MK via resorts > bus to AoA.

Just made a ginormous circle. Kids loved it. We considered the boat from MK back to TTC, but it wasn't moving at that time, so we just veered left towards the buses from MK.

Watching the castle stage show in MK--my family won't wait or stand around for that. Same for parade. Getting snacks and sitting for a long time people watching. Enjoying the piano player at Casey's Corner.

If not in the park, I love sitting around the pool or even on my room's balcony reading a book.

it was the day RoR opened - and Disney had Extra Magic Hours at 7 am for both Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I figured that the early risers not into Star Wars were trying to get on Flights of Passage. So I went for Frozen instead. Then Mission Space Green.

Visiting the bamboo garden in Japan in Epcot with a glass of sake, it's so relaxing. Usually before that I'll wander through the department store, cooling off in the ac and looking at anything that interests me. I make this a priority on every trip and usually end up there on my own whether solo or not.

I just like that it’s just me and I can do whatever I want. Like the line from Frozen- no right, no wrong, no rules for me, I’m free. Then I magically strut while doing a sexy hair toss while building an ice palace. Oh crap, that was Elsa.

Favorite thing I've done solo so far is eating and drinking around the world at Epcot during a festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter