Favorite server

newbycruiser

May you live as long as you want and want to as lo
OK< I have to brag about our server...His name is Dewa, and he is from Bali in Indonesia. He was SO good the kids.

It was our first cruise, and I was a little bit apprehensive about getting a good server, he is one of the best!

He did napkin bunnies, made an origami frog, drew pictures, did tricks, knew our drink orders, all in all, made our dinner experience very pleasurable.

They work for 6 months, then take 2 months off. Disnye pays for their trip home, but that's it. They don't have tenure, so their employment is based on customer ratings.

If you need a good server, ask for Dewa.

Our assistant server was Jose, he was only there 2 weeks, but very nice, too. He was cute and looked like Ricky Ricardo... of course DH told him he needed some conga drums... I could have died!

My favorite head server is Allen, he is fabulous! He has been promoted to a manager or something....

I loved Danny who was our server once, but I think he has left the magic and gone home to his wife and his new baby.

My all time favorite asst server is Gianni, She is the best! We saw her all over the ship on both of my cruises and she always remembered us and came and gave us big hugs!

I think they are all great, I have never had a server that was anything less than fantastic!!!

Our faves were Sompong and Joel this past cruise. They were definitely the most accomodating, efficient servers we have had on DCL.

Liam Scott from Ocho Rios, Jamaica on the Magic. FABULOUS!! Although, I suppose they all are...they have to be becuase a good deal of their income comes from tips, and lets face it, Disney don't hire ****. I suppose everyone thinks their favorite is THE best :sunny:

As far as I am concerned, (Server) Roberto from Peru and (Assistant Server) Prudence from Jamaica, are tops in my book. They both took "EXCELLENT" care of our group at every meal!!!

Heavens, I almost forgot Tommy our Head Server, I can't forget Tommy, he always came by our table and would get my DD blushing!!!

August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20341.jpg

Roberto and Prudence "Our Favorites"

August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20092.jpg

Tommy another of "Our Favorites"

Just had to chime in. We've had extraordinary service on all our cruises. This past year we had Adrien from England and Joyce from St. Vincent. They were awesome! We also had John from Scotland as our server two cruises ago and our head server this past cruise. As far as we're concerned he's the best there is. Do any recent Magic cruisers know if they are back on board? I think our kids look forward to seeing their 'old friends' almost more than anything else about the cruise! These people absolutely deserve everything we give them and more. They could certainly make or break your cruise experience. But luckily for us, they are MAGICal people!:D

We had Komang and Arpad (sp?) on our first cruise and they were both wonderful. I hope to see them again in November.

On our first cruise we had Clive as our main server and he was amazing. He was so outgoing and crazy and his asst. was Robert, this tall German man, very staid and serious. I swear, they were like Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. The servers our second year were good but not nearly as wonderful as Clive and Robert.

One Cruise: Roberto (Peru) and Adem (Turkey)
Another Cruise: Roberto and Adem
Yet Another Cruise: Roberto and Pema (India)
Most Recent Cruise: Roberto

See a pattern here? :) Andy: aren't you glad you requested Roberto?! He's outstanding! If I could, I would request Roberto for our upcoming Wonder cruise.

Other excellent dining crew from the Disney Magic: Christoph (no longer on the Magic), Maclean (Dining Room Manager), Zouhaier (Head Server), Maurizio (Manager, Palo), Tibor (Palo), Nadeem, Sylvester ... and many more! We've been blessed with the <font color=blue>best</font> representatives of Disney's spirit of hospitality!

Allears: John was on the Magic in June. Visiting with our "old" friends and meeting new friends (crew, DIS friends, and guests) are the highlights of our cruises!

Just thought I would post a reply to your question. My sister and I were on the Western 8/30 cruise and Adrien was onboard. We met him the first day at Topsiders and he really made us laugh. We then met up with him again at CC out by serenity bay. I just love his personality!!! He is a riot!!! Anyway, he was getting off I believe at drydock to go to Canada to get married. His fiance does not work for Disney so he was pretty excited to see her. I did ask if he was coming back after his break (which I think is 2 months) and he said "most likely, yes". I certanly hope he returns - we can't wait to see him again!!!

As for my vote on the best servers - Adrien (who wasn't our server, but always made us feel special when we ran into him), Igusti, From Bali, who was our server, Alen (our head server), and Paula, from Jamaica, who was our assistant server. They took care of every need we had and helped make my sister's birthday the most memorable and special birthday she has ever had! Igusti and Paula were getting off the boat this month, but I am hoping that they return by the next time we cruise on the Magic!!!!

Just wanted to chime in -

We were on the Wonder - Our servers were Sasha and Remi from Croatia - Best service we have received anywhere!!!! I am one that never remembers names, but I just can not forget theirs!

We loved the Disney Cruise so much, that instead of a 4 day, we booked a 7 day - the only downfall is that we can not get the same servers - Our DD adored them and doesn't understand why they won't be on the ship next time!!!

They really made the Disney Experience - Without them, the experience would not have even compared!!

Karen

Yes, Yes !!!!

Adrian will be back on the Magic. I hope he didn't change his idea because he was getting married.

He was so nice. All the family are looking to see him again. He always made my two DD's laugh. We are French Canadian and he spoke a little French with my daughters.

It is funny that he is getting married with a Canadian.

Hope I will see him in February.

Loved Him!

We also had Rafael training Carlos for our table.

Romeo, Rafeal - Phillipines
Carlos - Chile?

Carlos was very quiet, but very sweet. just start asking him questions and you will see a lot more personality!

Romeo was awesome. After the third night, he started bringing extra desserts. ( My new goal in life is to cruise and not ROLL off the ship on Saturday.) I live so close to where they will be dry-docking, and am hoping he calls us to visit.

Rafael left 9/20 for two months to visit home.

Had a great time, we booked for 10/2/04, WOOHOO!!!!!

We are just back from the 7-day western and wanted to chime in and say that Gabor and Edwin were our serviers and were WONDERFUL. They had such great personalities and were so attentive.
Also, Marco at Palo should be commended. He strongly suggested that we have Filet and my husband ordered something else so Marco brought him both. My husband was so glad he did. The filet is to die for at Palo!

Originally posted by allears
Just had to chime in. We've had extraordinary service on all our cruises. This past year we had Adrien from England and Joyce from St. Vincent. They were awesome! We also had John from Scotland as our server two cruises ago and our head server this past cruise.

I just want to ditto on how amazing this team is (we had them for our January magic). The first night, Adrian brought us one of each kind of dessert there was. The second night I told him he'd done such a great job with dessert to just bring me whatever he thought was best for dinner. The rest of the cruise, he picked our entire table's meals and was dead on every single time but one (hubby's not a fan of chicken, but he replaced it really quickly!). It was SO much fun to have him give us the menus for a perusal and then study our faces to figure out what we should eat. Joyce was very quiet but an absolute sweetie and a wonderful server. We also loved John, what a charmer!

Lisa

Cheers to Adrien, Joyce and John. We were able to spend time with them on the January 3rd sailing - the one where we were able to dock in Cozumel early after being diverted from Grand Cayman. Wild times at Carlos and Charlies. Kudos also to Erika in Palo and Sasha on the Wonder.
Now, last January Adrien was dating a young woman who worked in the Spa.....I wish him all of the happiness that he can find. And I am grateful that he will return to the Magic.

Dawn Hope

Originally posted by allears
Just had to chime in. We've had extraordinary service on all our cruises. This past year we had Adrien from England and Joyce from St. Vincent. They were awesome! We also had John from Scotland as our server two cruises ago and our head server this past cruise. As far as we're concerned he's the best there is. Do any recent Magic cruisers know if they are back on board? I think our kids look forward to seeing their 'old friends' almost more than anything else about the cruise! These people absolutely deserve everything we give them and more. They could certainly make or break your cruise experience. But luckily for us, they are MAGICal people!:D

Don't know about the rest of them but John from Scotland was there as a head waiter. He was wonderful, very attentive. His serviers were wonderful too - Putra from Bali and his assistant Fernando from Chile.

Thanks for the update. Now we just have to hope he's there through the end of February or I don't think my DS-7 will want to go with us! We just might squeek into his schedule if he came back onboard in Sept. And you're right, he is awesome and his servers always are too. I have a feeling he runs a very tight ship (so to speak). And if there ever is a small gap in service he seems to be right there to make up for it. Very impressive guy. I'm actually hoping Joyce didn't come back! As wonderful as she was, it would be great for her to have gotten to stay home. She was there working with her husband - they were hoping to put away enough money to get a house - and her 5! children were staying with her mother. And the youngest was only 10 months! We've been praying that it all worked out for them.

Again, thanks!

Gayle

Have to add my thoughts here....We had Nora and O'neill on our 4 day Wonder in Oct. 2002...they were fabulous. Every night when we sat down after the first night they brought my kids their beverages (shirley temples) and my kids thought that was great. "How did O'nell know what we wanted??"

Don't know if we will get them again as next time we are heading on th Magic!! Unless they switch ships..do they??

We were on the Magic 7 day Eastern 9/20-9/27 and had Glen/Philippines and Miheala/Romania. They were fantastic! It was Miheala's last trip after 2 yr. w/ Disney. :(

For our anniversary dinner at Palo's we had Florencia, she is the absolute BEST!! Ask for her when you go. She, along w/ Liz will take care of everything! We saw her with her family off the ship and she was so gracious, coming up to say hello and introducing us to her family. She really made our trip extra special!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter