Favorite resort in each category?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
I will be traveling with three friends in August and we are celebrating our 50th birthdays. We are just starting the planning process and haven't discussed budgets yet. I don't care if we stay value, moderate, or deluxe, but we definitely want to stay onsite.

What is your favorite resort in each category?

Value - I'm not a fan of the value resorts and we only stay a night or two during a split stay so I just pick whichever one is less. When staying in a value we don't spend a lot of time at the resort.

Moderate - I like something about CSR, CBR and POR. I haven't stayed at POFQ because I just don't like the looks of the outside, silly I know. Again, we just stay in whichever one is less since, again, it's usually just a night or two at the beginning of a split stay. We did spend the entire trip at CSR during Christmas and enjoyed it.

Deluxe - the Epcot resorts. If I had to pick a favorite it would be YC, I like rooms and the location and the feel of it but frankly, again, we just stay in whichever one is less. Lately, that has been Dolphin but as long as it is in the Epcot area, we are good. BC would be my least favorite because you aren't guaranteed a full balcony there. The same could be said for Dolphin, as a matter of fact a balcony is an upgrade but because of the price being so low I'm willing to do without there.

for your situation I would probably recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. If it has to be value, POP.

Don't stay at values so can't comment.
Moderate we absolutely loved POR. It really felt like being in the south.
For Deluxe it would matter on timing. I agree with the poster above that Epcot area is best, like Boardwalk on the boardwalk. If at Christmas time we love staying at WL villas. That place at Christmas time makes even us South Floridians feel like it is winter.

We haven’t done a value yet but are trying Pop in 17 days. For moderate we like POFQ the best. It’s absolutely amazing. For deluxe we have only done akl and didn’t like it.

Value: POP
Mod: POFQ
Deluxe: This one is harder because it mainly depends on location preference for me. For EPCOT, I like BW. For MK I like Poly.

Value: only ever stayed at all stars and didn't like it so..
Mod: never stayed at one
Deluxe: Contemporary

value...only ever stayed at Pop and hated it
moderate...stayed at POR and CSR and really liked CSR except no WiFi in room
deluxe...we stayed CR and then we are DVC so stayed at all DVC except VGF and BCV is our fave

Dvc - OKW ( large size rooms, parking right outside the door)
Deluxe - GF (Everything!)
Deluxe at Christmas- WL ( it’s beautiful)
Mod - CR ( lovely resort with the best food court )
Value - POP ( but I haven’t stayed at AoA yet, pop is fun and has a good food court plus the remodel make the rooms great)
Have fun

Thanks for all the replies so far. My friends and I are getting together in a couple of weeks to decide on dates and a budget, so then I'll be able to narrow it down.

Value-Pop
Moderate-Have not stayed moderate, but if I was going to book one it would be POR
Deluxe-Tie between YC & AKL, I cant choose.

I may not be of much help as others but if you do value, I prefer Pop over the All-Stars. I've only ever stayed at either so I don't know about moderate and deluxe. We don't spend any time at the resort. Last time I went (5 years ago) we literally woke up, showered, ate and went to the parks until we were the last out of the park and repeat.
Though I will say most people I have talked to absolutely love POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter