Favorite resort for the holidays?

Staren

Mouseketeer
I have a bit of a Christmas in July question, even though technically I'm posting this in August. What is everyone's favorite resort for the holidays?

I'm doing some early planning for an all out Christmas trip next year. I think I have the resort for the trip narrowed down to either Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian, but I can't quite make up my mind. The Boardwalk is supposed to be very neat during the holidays based on what I've seen as well, but I'm already staying there in January for an Epcot heavy trip, and I figure why repeat resorts when there are so many great options?

Oh, if you're curious this will be an early December trip. Most likely, the first week of December. It won't be over the week of Christmas. I've done enough research to know what that time is like, and I'm not that crazy.

So which resort do you love for Christmas?

Last edited:
Both would be amazing! WL is my favorite during Christmas however GF is my all time favorite- have fun!
With that being said, we are going Christmas/ New Years 2020 (long time away lol) we will stay at CR because of the crowds I will want to use the walkway from the MK to CR

If you mean favorite resort to stay at during CHristmas, I think mine is the Beach Club. There is something surreal about that beachy lobby with a chocolate carousel parked in the middle. It is a fun Christmas resort.

I also love the Grand Floridian lobby. It is one I always visit, and I find it to be the most elegant of all the resort lobbies. A boat ride across the lake takes you to the rustic beauty of the WIlderness Lodge lobby, if that was my living room I would never sleep. It is stunning.

One Holiday lobby I never got tired of was the lobby in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is majestic tribute to the animals and one that has details that are gorgeous.

Wilderness Lodge seems the most Christmasy to me, it’s the most cozy. But I love to visit Grand Floridian and the Beach Club for the gingerbread!

I have a bit of a Christmas in July question, even though technically I'm posting this in August. What is everyone's favorite resort for the holidays?

I'm doing some early planning for an all out Christmas trip next year. I think I have the resort for the trip narrowed down to either Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian, but I can't quite make up my mind. The Boardwalk is supposed to be very neat during the holidays based on what I've seen as well, but I'm already staying there in January for an Epcot heavy trip, and I figure why repeat resorts when there are so many great options?

Oh, if you're curious this will be an early December trip. Most likely, the first week of December. It won't be over the week of Christmas. I've done enough research to know what that time is like, and I'm not that crazy.

So which resort do you love for Christmas?

Both are beautiful resorts with a lot to offer, but if I had to choose one, my choice would be WL. Both are beautifully decorated with a festive atmosphere, but for us, the WL has such a cozy/homey feel the minute you walk into the lobby. The huge tree in the center is beautiful and the fireplace surrounded by rocking chairs is very inviting if you just want to sit and take in the surroundings. With that said, you really can't go wrong as they are both great resorts (especially at Christmas time), it just depends which theme/decor you like the best. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

Was at Beach Club last year and was great. Will be staying at Polynesian this year can’t wait.

Wilderness Lodge, hands down is the most amazing hotel to be at during Christmas time. When I walked into the lobby I was blown away by how amazing it was. If you don't end up staying there, you have to visit it because it is just that good.

I know everyone loves the Deluxe resorts at Christmas, but my favourite December resort is POFQ. I love the jazzy Christmas music, the decorations and the lobby smell and it’s so quiet and relaxing. Most people aren’t going to take a special trip over to see a moderate resort over Christmas.

We've stayed at GF, BWI and WL during December trips and WL is absolutely GORGEOUS! It's so beautifully decorated and so cozy. I could just sit in the lobby by the gigantic fireplace and never leave. We also loved boating over to Ft. W from WL and seeing the holiday decorations over there (we took a private sleigh ride one evening). My vote would be for WL.

We are DVC members are BWV and GFV and honestly, I prefer the lobby of the WL for Christmas. The Christmas tree is large and the overall vibe makes it feel more Christmas due to the aura of the resort. The Pacific Northwest vibe helps for Christmas. The GF is very nice, but has a rather regal vibe. The best way I can describe it is the WL feels more relaxed and laid back; whereas, the GF feels busier. The tree and gingerbread house are awesome. The BW has gone up and done with the decorations. I honestly can't remember what the decorations were last year, but if I had to choose just for the sake of the lobby, then I would pick WL then GF. Also, you may want to think of transportation too and at the GF you have the monorail. Every time we go eat at Artist Point for holidays, I enjoy the lobby of the WL.

From your title I was ready to suggest the Boardwalk. We made many early December trips there. But then I read your post and see that you are already planning a visit there.

Of the two resorts you mention I think either would fulfill your holiday needs. That said, we do make a point to visit the GF lobby at least once every December.

If you're going deluxe I'd choose Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom. I visited all of the deluxe resorts Christmas 2017, and those were the two I thought had the best vibe/decor. AK was my favorite, but WL has the cool fires.

ETA: the crowds at GF would really bother me. It was maybe the most crowded/loud resort we visited. The decor was pretty, but it didn't feel right.

Last edited:
Was at Beach Club last year and was great. Will be staying at Polynesian this year can’t wait.

The trees in the Poly lobby are gorgeous. The flowers are so beautiful!

I know everyone loves the Deluxe resorts at Christmas, but my favourite December resort is POFQ. I love the jazzy Christmas music, the decorations and the lobby smell and it’s so quiet and relaxing. Most people aren’t going to take a special trip over to see a moderate resort over Christmas.

WE stayed ther one Holiday and it was easily my favorite stay. The music was a welcomed respite from teh hustle and bustle of the parks, and the resort decorations simply on point.

I wanted my Holiday cards out before we left for vacation, however it was the one task left undone, so I took them with me, set up shop on the pool patio and got to work. One cocktail and the writing was easier, and then two? I shudder to think what I wrote on those last few cards! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter