Favorite no-line park activities?

la79al

DIS Veteran
DD told me this morning that she thinks 1 day per park is enough if we stay until midnight. Adding this to her comment a few years ago about standing in line so long for a short ride and I figure I better have some park activities that don't require standing in a long line. So what are your favorite non ride activities for each park?

Most things in the parks don't, especially if you use FP+ well. Doing that, you can hit most attractions with less than a 5-10 minute wait. But for things that don't need a FP+ at all, there are lots of them. I'm sticking to attractions only, not activities, that usually or often have sub-15 minute waits without a FP+.

MK - CoP, Philharmagic, Tea Cups, Carousel, Small World,
Epcot - MS Green, SE, Nemo, Figment, Pixar, Living w/Land, ride in Mexico pavilion (why am I drawing a blank on the name)
HS - Muppets, One Mans Dream
AK - Tough to Be a Bug, and pretty much everything else except Pandora after about 5pm.

Non-ride activities:

Shopping
Looking for hidden Mickeys
Taking pictures
Watching a show
Character meets
Fireworks
Walking tours (such as Behind the Seeds)

Walking through the shops, especially in the World Showcase, is a great way to kill some time and get out of the sun for a bit.

Honestly, we just love walking around and taking in the sights and sounds of the parks. And that way, you might stumble upon an attraction that is a walk on!

World Showcase for sure. I don't like lines so WS is one of the many reasons that Epcot is my favorite park!

Most things in the parks don't, especially if you use FP+ well. Doing that, you can hit most attractions with less than a 5-10 minute wait. But for things that don't need a FP+ at all, there are lots of them. I'm sticking to attractions only, not activities, that usually or often have sub-15 minute waits without a FP+.

MK - CoP, Philharmagic, Tea Cups, Carousel, Small World,
Epcot - MS Green, SE, Nemo, Figment, Pixar, Living w/Land, ride in Mexico pavilion (why am I drawing a blank on the name)
HS - Muppets, One Mans Dream
AK - Tough to Be a Bug, and pretty much everything else except Pandora after about 5pm.

Grand Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros

Also people mover usually has a short wait.

The used to be a little street party in Frontierland, the Country Bears, Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar would come out and dance with all the people. Not sure if they still do that, but It was one of the best things that happened on our trip. Especially seeing my mom have a hoedown with Clarabell and Horace! :P

Steve Soares website has all the show times and street shows available on property and updates times every week. The address is wdwent.com

My list looks similar to those above:

MK: Philharmagic, CoP, Enchanted Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse (if you are up for some stair climbing), riding the train around the park

Epcot: Living with the Land (though I have seen longer lines recently), walking through the aquarium, the Pixar Short Films, the American Adventure, the movies in France, Canada, and China, finally, just strolling around the world

AK: It's tough to be a Bug (except on the busiest days), walking the various trails, Lion King show (except on the busiest days I see people squeezed in at the last minute)

Overall, just strolling through the park and enjoying the theming, perhaps stopping along the way for a snack.

The used to be a little street party in Frontierland, the Country Bears, Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar would come out and dance with all the people. Not sure if they still do that, but It was one of the best things that happened on our trip. Especially seeing my mom have a hoedown with Clarabell and Horace! :P

They had a dance party in Frontierland last week but it was only Brer Rabbit and his merry men.

A few of my No -Line Park activities:

Epcot:
Picking up a passport or a package of postcards at Epcot souvenir shop --traveling around the World and getting cast members at each Kidcot Fun Spot to write a message in their own language on the postcard-or passport/ Mailing the cards-passport to granddaughter.
Better yet taking my granddaughter to Epcot and doing this.
Morning Tea at Rose and Crown Restaurant,,,, I did the experience in March and loved it!

The Rose and Crown has launched a new “Tea Experience” where you'll not only sip tea, but you'll munch on scones and sandwiches while learning about tea from a Twinings-trained Cast Member. ... The Tea Experience takes place on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 9:45 am. $35.00 per person.

MK
Getting a haircut at Harmony Barber shop,,gets busy,,,I always make an advanced appointment here.
Pirate's Adventure at Magic Kingdom,,fun! Fun! Fun!
We used to love looking for the paint brushes on Tom Sawyer's Island but alas it no longer is available.

Animal Kingdom
look for hidden Mickeys and take some cool animal pictures.
Gorilla Falls Exploration
Maharajah Jungle Trek
****10 hidden Mickey phone/camera selfies = one ice cream treat.

Mel

Last edited:
DD told me this morning that she thinks 1 day per park is enough if we stay until midnight. Adding this to her comment a few years ago about standing in line so long for a short ride and I figure I better have some park activities that don't require standing in a long line. So what are your favorite non ride activities for each park?
Just as an FYI it's not common for any park to stay open until midnight anymore. Here's my list of non attractions:
MK: Dapper Dans, Trolley Show, SOTMK, Ragtime Piano Player at Casey's, Castle SHow, Move It Shake It, Frontierland Hoedown, Pirate Adventure
Epcot: Jammitors and all the entertainment around World Showcase
DHS: Citizens of Hollywood
AK: Animal Trails, Burudika, Hakuna Matata Street Party, Tree of Life Awakenings

Two of our favorite activities don't require a line.
1. The Muppet show at MK (they do several a day and there are 2 different shows)
2. The wilderness explorer book at AK

I world add Agent P in Epcot.

I'd love to know what character meets have no lines

Many of the characters don't form a line until they come out and are visible. So if you have a times guide or character locator and line up 5 or 10 mins before they arrive (ideally for the first set but it works sometimes for later sets) you can be first in line. This worked for us for Fairy Godmother, Buzz, and Belle. Plan to use it again for Jack Sparrow and Peter Pan tomorrow. I was actually very surprised it worked for Belle - in the past she has had a very long line that carries over. But they moved her sometime in the last year to a less visible location and they don't even have a sign out for her showing times.

Yes, I realize you are still waiting those 5 or 10 mins but that's not bad in my book.

We saw something like that happen this week. It looked like it was mostly the bears and some dancers.

Two of our favorite activities don't require a line.
1. The Muppet show at MK (they do several a day and there are 2 different shows)
2. The wilderness explorer book at AK
I didn’t know there were TWO different shows!!!?? We love the patriotic one they do. What is the other show like?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter