Favorite movie quotes

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
I was reading the movie thread and I got on a roll so forgive me if these threads already exist, I didn't look first lol....If your family is anything like mine they speak in non-stop movie quotes. What are some of your random quotes that you and your family say to each other and where are they from? Most of ours, other people don't get and we have to explain.

The first one that I can think of is, "Well, whaddya mean Mace?" from Big Top Pee Wee. When Pee Wee is riding along listening to Mace Montana explain why the circus is in danger of closing and Pee Wee keeps saying, "Whaddya mean Mace?" over and over.

Another is from Mr. Mom, "220, 221...whatever it takes". When Michael Keaton's wifes new boss comes to pick her up and he pretends to be putting an addition on the house and the boss asks if he's going to "make it all 220?" lol

Most of our family quotes come from the movie that hardly anyone ever saw....Popeye with Robin Williams. I swear I think my family is the only ones on earth that absolutely loved that movie lol. My sister is 10 years younger than I am and she was only a baby when that movie came out so she had never seen it. We watched it together when she was about 20 and she said, "Oh my God...my entire life and everything that has ever been said in our family has been based on this one movie." lol The first one that comes to mind is when they are all around the table and there are several conversations going at once and Olive Oyl's mom is wondering how you pronounce Job from the bible and she says, "is it Job or Jobe?" and then she moves on to talk about Bluto and she says, "Well he's certainly got a very good job...jobe." Any time someone in my family asks anything about a job you can guarantee it's followed with...."jobe". lol

"Surprised? If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.”

This is from Christmas Vacation and is what I say whenever I am surprised about something.

You stole my movie....

mrlnu.jpg

I'm more of a song quote kind of gal.

One time, I decided I was only going to answer DH in song. He was getting irritated and told me to knock it off or he was going to reach over, open my car door and push me out. So I said:

"Don't you hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself."

He burst out laughing.

There's no crying in baseball! I love this line from A League of Their Own. I was a coach of T-ball and softball for quite a few years and every time I dealt with a melt down I used that line. The kids didn't get it but the parents loved it.

I quote the Breakfast Club a lot, especially the, "Go fix me a turkey pot pie" line! hahahaaaa

Then Tombstone, mostly Doc Holliday - Say when, I'm your huckleberry, How lewd, You're a daisy if you do, I could go on and on...

Look Who's Talking is another favorite - "Not lamb, lame!", and many more!

My mom got me a t-shirt that says 'I Speak Fluent Movie Quotes'!

"Surprised? If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.”

This is from Christmas Vacation and is what I say whenever I am surprised about something.

Most of our quotes are from Christmas Vacation.

"Why is the carpet all wet, Todd?" "I don't know, Margo."
"Grace? She died 30 years ago."

I do use the one from Under the Tuscan Sun: "Lighten up, Frances." Which I actually think is a quote from Stripes (with "Francis").

th

And any time someone mentions bats I have to say Bats? I love bats. Just a very small line from the movie The Big Red One. Just something that stuck in my head:)

Ah ah. I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I kinda lost track myself. Being that this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya punk? Dirty Harry.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. The God Father.

But you HAVE heard of me. POTC The curse of the black pearl.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room. Dr. Strange love.

Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied.

My name is Inego Montoya. You kill my father, prepare to die.

Tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight, HOT D&MN TONIGHT! - A Christmas Story
Do not ask me questions - Ms Marianne from Sense & Sensibility
Hudson stay calm! - Aliens
I'm being good, I'm being quiet, I'm being haved - A Cinderella Man
Let's Rock!!!! - Aliens
You used up all the glue on PURPOSE!!! - A Christmas Story

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter