Favorite less expensive spot to eat?

You have to meet your delivery person in the lobby.

But FWIW I would actually strongly advise against using food delivery apps on property if you're trying to save money. Entrees are generally much more expensive than in the actual restaurant and they will kill you on fees, it really won't end up being much less expensive than just getting mobile order to go from a resort TS. Especially if you don't subscribe to whatever discount subscription the app has like DashPass, UberOne, etc. I actually do through several credit cards and more often than not nowadays after fees and tip I end up just emptying the cart because the total is crazy for what I'm getting.
Thank u for your answer. Learned a lot.

I like Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge. All-you-can-eat lunch is $26/person($38/person at dinnertime).
We like Whispering very much.
Compared to other Disney Sit-downs, this is a steal.
Plus we have found the food very good. Even went Xmas dinner. (it was slightly higher for holiday)

We do QS and order off the kids menu in MK, DAK and HS. In Epcot, we just kind of snack at booths or split an order of nachos at La Cantina. In DS as mention, at Cooke's of Dublin, a kids fish and chips is plenty of food. Poutine or a slice of pizza is also reasonable. As far as resorts, food courts can be a fair value.

We recently stayed in 2 rooms at POFQ as well. We ordered groceries and such for delivery to the resort but if you have a car you can obviously shop for your group.

We ate breakfast in the room most days from bakery, fruit, yogurt, breakfast bars, milk, etc. from our grocery delivery. We did get the resort refillable mugs for coffee every morning and used several times for soda/tea. We had several meals there at Sassagoula. The shrimp and grits and the jambalaya were huge and could easily be split. Several other items were also large portions from what I saw on other tables. We also ordered kids meals a few times and it was still plenty of food for less money. Generally speaking, they have great food for a decent price compared to similar entrees at a TS. Great variety for a small resort.

I agree with others that in the parks you will not want big meals in the heat and eating kids meals are great because they also include a drink. Love getting the kids meals at Woody's Lunch Box.

Several places in Disney Springs to get more food for your dollar. Especially the counter service/to-go options. Polite Pig, Earl of Sandwich, Cookes of Dublin.

In Epcot, Yorkshire County Fish has large portions that can be split. La Cantina de San Angel is also a decent value for great food.

If any of you like popcorn, buy a popcorn bucket. The refills are only $2.25 and you can get refills at every park.

Someone upthread mentioned Tusker House, but please be aware of the cost. Even breakfast is expensive there.

Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion at Epcot has some not-awfully-expensive food items.

ETA: I haven't read this entire thread, so it's possible someone else mentioned this, but if anyone in your party has an AP, make sure to use the discount, which is good at many restaurants. Only some will ask you if you have an AP, so you have to be proactive.

At POFQ, the QS doesn't have an AP discount, but the store does, so it's a cheaper place to buy snack items.

Are you talking about Cookes of Dublin? They are good.

I agree with considering child meals at QS locations, especially in the summer. I do that quite often. There’s nothing worse than slogging through the heat and humidity with a heavy meal in your stomach.

I also agree with having items in your room for breakfast. It not only saves you money, but saves you time. That can be important if you want to get to the parks early. Having beverages in the room saves a lot of money as well, plus you can grab a bottle of water as you head out each day and start your day hydrated. You may be surprised how much water you need to drink each day. I start the day by taking one from the room, buy a couple in the park, and get the half size bottles with my kids meals, and then drink another bottle or two from my stash when I get back to the room at night. A flat of 24-36 bottles purchased off property will cost about the same as buying 2-3 individual bottles in the park. Huge savings!
That’s it Cookes!

We do breakfast in the room, bring refillable water bottles and pack snacks/emergency peanut butter sandwiches in our park bag. Grocery delivery will be your friend. If we are having an early night, we sometimes order a pizza from the resort CS. It's under $20 and has 8 pretty big slices. It's not the best, but ok.

We have a pretty big trip planned. 10 park days, 14 days on site... there will be 6 of us. We plan on trying to do some table service reservations (our 60 day mark is 4/4). However, we'd like to try to not go crazy on meals otherwise. We obviously will have a hefty food bill for 6 people, at DW for that many days. Just looking for ways and places to not spend quite as much on those non-reservation times.

We will be staying at POFQ. So, we already know that there isn't a big fridge option (though, we will have two rooms to use both little fridges).

I'd love to know what everyone's favorite places are for cheaper options are.

Thanks for any advice and suggestions!
We visited a couple of weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised by some of the new additions. We particularly liked the salads in Connections, in EPCOT. The General Tso Salad ($11.79] was excellent. We were also pleased to find it served in a proper bowl with real silver wear…very environmentally friendly! Bar Riva at the Riviera was also excellent, a little more expensive, but a lovely location.

I didn't read all the replies but I see Capt Cooks mentioned in the first few and I agree! Capt Cooks for lunch on a MK day is awesome. The pulled pork nachos followed by a dole whip or the lime flavored one at the Poly is awesome if they still have it.

Be it you are at POFQ, you are very close to quite a few places.

1) If you wish to walk, POR has Riverside Mill food court and a river Roost Lounge AND Boatwrights. (I am very biased with this resort but I do love it).

2) Disney Springs. You have a lot of quick service options and even some of the sit downs (Raglan Road, Homecomin) have reasonably priced meals (or in the case of the latter two fully grown adults can share a meal that’s how big the portion is)

After that my recommendations are as follows:

MK:
*Gastons Tavern
*Sleepy Hollow

EPCOT:
*sunshine seasons
*all of the quick services in the countries
*a number of non festival related booths in the countries

Festival booths can get expensive as a reminder

DHS:
*ABC Commissary (legit me and my family’s fave quick service. And now I want the Buffalo chicken grilled cheese)
*Fairfax Faire-while I’m sad they changed the menu to this, it still is worth the bang for your buck imho
*While I haven’t personally had food or beverage from there, family and friends swear by whatever the quick service is called in TSL
*certain booths in galaxys edge

AK:
*Pizzafari
*Flame Tree BBQ

Boardwalk Resort:
*Pizza window (I know this has changed but if you don’t mind splitting meals it could be worth it)
*Boardwalk Ice Cream Parlor
*Trattoria Al Forno Breakfast (even without the characters it’s so worth it and now I want the Al Forno eggs)

Beach and Yacht Club:
*Beaches and Cream

And if it by some magic miracle is reopens:

1900 Park Faire Breakfast Buffet at Grand Floridian. Imho, the best bang for your buck buffet.

If you time breakfast right at Crystal Palace, you can get lunch as well, when they flip.

You haven’t mentioned reducing people. If the newly minted 21+ are adult beverage people, send them off for a monorail, sky bucket or World Showcase crawl. At their expense.

Leave everybody, and enjoy a fabulous date night where you only pay for the 2 of you. Maybe several times.

If you have a car, eating offsite can save a ton of money and generate leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter