Favorite Flip Flops??

Ok....looking at the Chacos, can you tell me about how they fit? If you normally wear a size 6 are they sized the same? I see the Uniaweep, the railroad, the z/2, the z/1. Oh I'm so confused!!!! Ladies?

I love it...

Ok.... for me, I wear a 9.5, but have relatively narrow feet, and find the 9 regular in the Z/2 works just fine for me. It's a close fit - I don't have a ton of room on the strap, but there's plenty there. If you wear a 6, I would say the 6 would fit... you might have to cut the strap (the black part that is extra) if there is a huge chunk hanging.

One warning on the Chacos... you'll have funny, funny tan lines (my feet stay striped year 'round, because they get so dark in the summer)... and they will build a small callous if the arch ridge hits you in a certain spot... and if you have sensitive feet, the textured bottom will take a little getting used to. It keeps the foot from moving on the footbed with only those straps holding it in place, but I know the first time I wear them after winter, I'll get a little sore spot where the end of the arch hits my foot and the bottoms of my feet will be sensitive from the texture. This passes in literally three days. And, if you foot doesn't hit those things, you won't have any problems at ALL.

I want to get a plain black pair for my fancier work days. :rotfl2:

I am a huge fan of "SWITCHFLOPS" I love using them when I travel, bc I have to match. Takes less space in my luggage. I used to pack 4-5 pairs of shoes, now I can pack only 2!

DOESN'T THAT JUST FIGURE???

I just noticed that the ZX/2's are on pretty big sale right now --- $32 off A PAIR. This may cause me to have to try a pair.... must. resist.... can't. resist....

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::rotfl2:

Ooo! Who has them for $32 a pair? I'm looking on Zappos, and I don't see any that cheap! Maybe they sold out :sad1:

:surfweb:
I love it...

Ok.... for me, I wear a 9.5, but have relatively narrow feet, and find the 9 regular in the Z/2 works just fine for me. It's a close fit - I don't have a ton of room on the strap, but there's plenty there. If you wear a 6, I would say the 6 would fit... you might have to cut the strap (the black part that is extra) if there is a huge chunk hanging.

One warning on the Chacos... you'll have funny, funny tan lines (my feet stay striped year 'round, because they get so dark in the summer)... and they will build a small callous if the arch ridge hits you in a certain spot... and if you have sensitive feet, the textured bottom will take a little getting used to. It keeps the foot from moving on the footbed with only those straps holding it in place, but I know the first time I wear them after winter, I'll get a little sore spot where the end of the arch hits my foot and the bottoms of my feet will be sensitive from the texture. This passes in literally three days. And, if you foot doesn't hit those things, you won't have any problems at ALL.

I want to get a plain black pair for my fancier work days. :rotfl2:

I am stalking Zappos...:surfweb:......I need immediate gratification!!!!! I need these shoes, I love the Cinnamon ones I think they are called cinnamon the ZX2's, the black may be the way to go to match everything.....they just need to come in!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I can't seem to find the right flip flop for me -- male, around 200 pounds. I used the Crocs clogs ones last year, but I think I am so heavy that the cushioning just flattened out that it felt like my feet were touching the ground already. The only nice flip flop I have is also a Crocs brand, but I would like to have a 2nd pair of flip flops to alternate them during our trip. I could get the same pair of Crocs, but I would like to get one that is much more comfortable.

I noticed a lot of the posts in this thread are coming from the ladies, but I wanted to get a question out there specifically for the heavy guys. So for you guys out there or ladies who know of guys that are around my weight class (200 pounds), what is your favorite flip flop?

I can't seem to find the right flip flop for me -- male, around 200 pounds. I used the Crocs clogs ones last year, but I think I am so heavy that the cushioning just flattened out that it felt like my feet were touching the ground already. The only nice flip flop I have is also a Crocs brand, but I would like to have a 2nd pair of flip flops to alternate them during our trip. I could get the same pair of Crocs, but I would like to get one that is much more comfortable.

I noticed a lot of the posts in this thread are coming from the ladies, but I wanted to get a question out there specifically for the heavy guys. So for you guys out there or ladies who know of guys that are around my weight class (200 pounds), what is your favorite flip flop?

My dad has these........http://www.rei.com/pwr/product-revi...f/p/734200-Reef-Fanning-Flip-Flops-Men-s.html
and he LOVES them!!!! The bottle opener feature is'nt bad either!:goodvibes

I bought the Z/2's today! Got them on right now.....I think I've got a winner! I'm still trying to get the straps adjusted and I think it will take a day or two to get used to the sole, but so far they feel great. I purchased them at a running store and they are marking them down as they said they don't sell too many!! Mine were $69.95 and I'm thinking I need to go back for another pair!

I live in my birkenstocks, so you can go ahead and guess what type of sandal I wear to the park!

Quite a few mentioned the Nike Ceslo so I checked at Kohl's over the weekend and they had them on sale for 13.00. I picked a pair for each of my DS's (15 and 11).

I'm not a flip flop person but I really really like Fit Flops. They are by far the most shock absorbent and comfortable flip flops I've ever had.

i also like crocs but they tend to soften up to fast which reduces the shock absorption.

I'm trying to find a place that has the Braided Teva Mush in a brown size 9 but I'm not having any luck. I wore Teva Mush sandals during our last trip and loved how quick they dried out after the heavy rains we had. Do any of the other sandals that people have mentioned dry out fast. There is nothing worse than walking around the parks in soaked shoes.

I finally got a pair of the fit flops and I like them so far!

I went with the suede version, they are a bit more subtle looking. They are very tight when you first get them but they do loosen up a little bit.

The only part I don't like is that they squeak when my feet get a little sweaty.

HOWEVER, I do have knee problems and so far they are very shock absorbent and have good support. I haven't had any pain so far :woohoo:

I've had my FitFlops for a few weeks now and I can say that I love them! The first few days wearing them I was a little sore, but I quickly adjusted to them. I like them so much I bought a 2nd pair. I think they are going to be great WDW shoes.

I wore Teva Mesh flip flops in FL last August and thank goodness I did ... I would think that anything leather would have been ruined. It poured! I just ordered the Reef Sandy flip flops. I'd stay away from leather if your going during the summer months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter