Favorite Drinks around the world

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
Please tell me about some of your favorite drinks around the parks.

Alcoholic?
Non-alcoholic?
Coffee? (cold, hot, or frozen)

Margaritas in Mexico - outside stand or in La Cava, love them all
Tipsy Ducks in Love - China
Lemon Grey Goose slushie - France

There are a few versions of boozy dole whip around the parks (AK, pineapple lanai and tiki terrace, sometimes Epcot) that are so good. Spikey Pineapple with a 151 floater is my fave. Also at Poly from Tambu lounge is the infamous lapu lapu. It’s served in a pineapple - it doesn’t get more vacationy than that! I also love the backscratcher which comes with an actual backscratcher.

avocado margarita from La Cava in Epcot (Mexico)

white ale from the Norway beer cart

In Epcot specifically: Harp's lager in England, sake in Japan, the dark beer in Germany (I always forget the name until I see it) and the tequila flight in La Cava in Mexico.

Elsewhere--nothing especially is springing to mind. I'm picky about my booze and don't like overly sweetened drinks.

For coffee, I vastly prefer Joffrey's to Starbucks.

Margaritas in Mexico - outside stand or in La Cava, love them all
Tipsy Ducks in Love - China
Lemon Grey Goose slushie - France

Those were literally the exact three that I was going to post. I highly recommend going into La Cava.
Be warned, though, the margarita and Tipsy Ducks are both pretty potent beverages.

One more to add. Konig Ludwig beer in Germany is a very good wheat ale if that's your sort of thing.

Resorts: Backscratcher or Pago Pago Painkiller at the Polynesian- it is not a real Disney vacation until I have had both!

Disney Springs: Rumshine punch at Homecomin- it is delicious but so potent

Parks: Canto Loopy at the Joy of Tea and Grown-Up's Lemonade at Woody's lunchbox- both are just the right amount of punch without being overly sweet.

Avocado margarita in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot is a MUST for me every trip! Same with an iced latte with Bailey's from Joffrey's 😍

Epcot - Mexico - La Cava - avocado margarita, France - Les Vins cart - Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushy
Springs - Homecoming - Florida crush (accommodated as a non alcoholic for DD), Apple pie a la Mode Moonshine drink, or Figs & Berries
AK - not sure the name - ice coffee with Amarula liqueur
WL - Geyser Point - Huckleberry Punch

La Cava in Mexico is some of the best drinks at Disney. They have amazing hand made margaritas and the bartender are
Extremely knowledgeable about all the tequila in there.

Is La Cava a bar or a restaurant? Wondering if kids are welcome? We will be a group of 5 adults and one 7 year old.

Lapu Lapu in a pineapple at the Poly (sometimes I get a dark and stormy but ask for it in a pineapple when I'm not feeling the more sugary tropical drinks).
Polynesian Pearl at Trader Sam's (I want to get a black pearl so badly!)
Definitely a margarita from La Cava in Mexico, as others have said
On a hot day we LOVE a lager and lime from Rose and Crown bar (it's just a lager beer with rose's lime juice but MAN is it refreshing on a hot day strolling around world showcase)
Dole Whip Lime Margarita at the pool bar at the Poly has a very tasty chili lime rim, so good
Kona coffee at Poly or the Kenyan press pot coffee at AKL restaurants

Apparently I love all things Poly??

EPCOT
  • Mexico: La Cava del Tequila (inside the pyramid)- Blood Orange Margarita (its on the rocks and tastes stronger to me than the avocado [as tasty as that one is!])
  • China: The cart out front- Canta-loopy (basically vodka and cantaloupe juice [and I hate cantaloupe!])
  • Italy: cart outside- Italian Margarita
Hollywood Studios
  • 50s Prime Time Lounge- I can't remember the name of it, but theres a drink that's the grapefruit beer with a shot of grapefruit vodka

EPCOT
  • Mexico: La Cava del Tequila (inside the pyramid)- Blood Orange Margarita (its on the rocks and tastes stronger to me than the avocado [as tasty as that one is!])
  • China: The cart out front- Canta-loopy (basically vodka and cantaloupe juice [and I hate cantaloupe!])
  • Italy: cart outside- Italian Margarita
Hollywood Studios
  • 50s Prime Time Lounge- I can't remember the name of it, but theres a drink that's the grapefruit beer with a shot of grapefruit vodka

Did they give you a straw for the Italian Margarita? When I went last spring, they gave me a frozen drink with no type of straw to drink it with. That lessened my enjoyment of it.
Also, fully agreed with the blood orange from La Cava.

If around the world you mean Epcot here goes:

LaCava is a must do.
Wine, wine, wine, wine, wine - in every country.

Also at Poly from Tambu lounge is the infamous lapu lapu. It’s served in a pineapple - it doesn’t get more vacationy than that! I also love the backscratcher which comes with an actual backscratcher.
Those are two of my favorites too. Also just about anything at Trader Sam's is delicious (and packs a punch.)

As others have recommended LaCava is a must stop for the family.

I love the Maelstrom and the Jalapeño margaritas, and the tequila flights are good.

Tipsy Ducks in Love at the Joy of Tea in China.

Any wine or beer.

I avoid drinks at France because they have a weak pour and I don’t think you’re getting your money’s worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter