Favorite Disneyland Hotel

TexasCourt

DIS Veteran
Hi Y'all,

Was just wondering what everyone's favorite Disneyland hotel is and why it's your favorite? What do you think it offers over the other ones?

Disneyland?

Paradise Pier?

Grand Californian?

Courtney :earsgirl:

Grand Californian

Here's a cut and paste with minor edits from a response I wrote to another poster:

The Disney hotels are not as spectacular as the deluxe resorts at WDW, but they are still nice. The Grand Californian is quite lovely and so convenient; It is considered on the property of DCA, and has its own entrance to that park. My last visit, it took me roughly one minute to get from my 5th floor room which overlooked Grizzly Peak, through security and into DCA. (Security and lines at this entrance is always quite short). GC is also very close to DL, roughly 5 minutes from most rooms (not counting security).

The Disneyland Hotel is much older, but it's still perfectly nice and festive. It has some pretty grounds. Some prefer it over the GCH because the rooms are a little larger, and because it has more Disney touches. Kids might prefer the DLH pool over the GCH pool. The DLH is a comfortable 10 minute stroll down DTD to the entrance of DCA or DL. Alternatively, you can hop on the monorail into Tomorrowland. The monorail is within about 5 minutes from most rooms (again, not accounting for any lines at security). While the DLH is not "within" either of the parks, it is still considered at on-site hotel, as is PP.

PP is slightly further from the parks, and lacks the nice grounds that the DLH has. It was not originally a Disney property, and doesn't have as much of the Disney feeling IMO.

Bus transportation is not offered to the parks from any of these hotels. It's not necessary; they are all close enough to walk (although PP can tire ones feet after walking the parks all day).

I prefer the GCH. I love the DLH. I like the PPH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter