Favorite Dining Near but not on-site?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Firepath, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Firepath

Firepath Mouseketeer

We are staying offsite this trip, just DH & I. We've been to WDW numerous times and eaten just about everywhere on-site. We do have a couple of on-site favorites booked. We will have a kitchen but don't want to cook everything. We are kind of getting tired of the park/resort options and hoping to save some money too. We are looking for suggestions that are fairly near the Disney area, easy to find, good, and reasonably priced.

2. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Care Tu Tu Tango
    Hash House a Go Go

Ask on the Central Florida forum.

Firepath likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

DH and I both like Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

MikeNamez and Firepath like this.
  5. Firepath

Firepath Mouseketeer

Thank you. Where would I find the Central FL forum?

6. Macprincess

Macprincess Mouseketeer

Some of our favorites are Chuy's, Miller's Ale House, Maggiano's, Joe's Crab Shack and it's closer to Universal but we really like Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ. We also like Tu TU Tango.

Firepath likes this.
  7. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* DIS Veteran

Bahama Breeze's. Love it there and they often have a steel drum band playing on the patio. It can get quite busy on weekends but I think you can call ahead!

DaisyDuck001 and Firepath like this.
  8. seasheller

seasheller seasheller

Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs - we never miss eating there. Don't let the long lines scare you because they move fast. LongHorn Steakhouse is always great no matter where they are located.

Firepath likes this.
  9. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

I like Ichiban buffet, but the kids need to have Chinese food and this place, despite being Chinese-American food, seems to hit the spot for them. (The other option would’ve been to use the “find a Chinese restaurant and talk to the staff in Chinese” method, but that does require that one can converse in Chinese to do that.)

I wanted to try Morimoto (I’m an Iron Chef fan) but we never got around to booking.

If you’ve got a car (important), and patience for I-4 traffic (even more important), I’d recommend Lac Viet in North Orlando. Honestly some of the best Vietnamese food we’ve had in Florida.

Firepath likes this.
  10. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Firepath likes this.
  11. Gr8t Fan

Gr8t Fan DIS Veteran

We love Teak Neighborhood Grill. It's closer to Universal but worth the drive. www.teakorlando.com

Firepath likes this.
  12. TAPMD

TAPMD Earning My Ears

Bahama Breeze on International Drive

DaisyDuck001 and Firepath like this.
  13. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Flipper’s pizza
    Sweet Tomatoes

Firepath likes this.
  14. LovesTimone

LovesTimone Christmas Day 2017

There are so many restaurants, and eateries around Orlando... there of course are alot of the chain restaurants, just outside of Disney Springs, At the light _

Turn left at the light there is Olive Garden, Ale House, Twin Peaks, I-hop and a couple of others. If You turn right at the Olive Garden ( palm parkway I think that's what its called) there are even more restaurants, if you keep following that road it turns into turkey lake, there is a Wal-mart past Wal-mart there is a O Charley's, love the rolls here. In the same plaza there are a few more restaurants and a Whole Foods. Once at the light Whole foods will be on your right side - if you turn left on to Sand Lake there are a ton of restaurants... it's restaurants row... on both sides of the road... if you turn right go under I-4 I drive is straight ahead... Lots and lots of options.

Straight at the light - Red Lobster, taco bell, McDonalds, Uno Pizza, Perkins..and more

Turn right at the go under I-4 there is a Landry's, if you turn left at the first light after I-4 there is even more restaurants, you will be heading toward the outlet mall.

Firepath likes this.
  15. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

Polo Tropical on 192 very close to AKL. They have ribs and chicken and it is a counter service restaurant.

Firepath likes this.
  16. mmbrad02

mmbrad02 DIS Veteran

Our trip in June was our first time really venturing off site. We loved Maggiano's (but I guess this must be a chain, my husband had eaten there in Vegas). We tried Millers Ale House and I'm guessing we had an off night cause we didn't love it so much.

Firepath likes this.
  17. avpny@aol.com

avpny@aol.com Earning My Ears

Keke's for breakfast-there is a few of them look for addy on yelp.
    Kobe Japanese- if you like Japanese their food is great again check yelp
    NYPD Pizza-if your looking for a good pizza place their pizza is great
    Maggianos is great! It is a chain but the food is very good.Check out the Marco meal great deal and you get two pastas to bring home!!

Firepath likes this.
  18. Rvillediser

Rvillediser Mouseketeer

I second Flippers pizza.

Firepath likes this.
  19. MikeNamez

MikeNamez DIS Veteran

Hash House A Go Go is fantastic.

Firepath likes this.
  20. CamperMomma

CamperMomma Mouseketeer

We really liked Yard House earlier this year!

Firepath likes this.
  21. dsanner106

dsanner106 DIS Veteran

Millers Ale House, particularly if you have a game to watch or want a lively environment.

Firepath likes this.