Favorite cast member?

goofycathy

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone went above and beyond for you while you were at Disneyland. For us it was an "ambassador" named Crystal, she was sooooo awesome, we saw her all 5 days that we were there, she always remembered who we were and found so many ways of making our trip more memorable than it already was, doing things that went above and beyond what normal CM's do. I asked my DH what made his trip special and we both agreed that she did!

So heres the question,
What has a cast member done to make your trip 'extra' special??

Well, on my trip in November, I had breakfast in Carnation Cafe. While my sister and I were eating, the chef came around to say hello to the guests. When he got to our table, he smiled and said hi and asked how we were doing. I had read about him on DIS so I said, "Are you chef Oscar?" and he just beamed at us and said yes! Suddenly he just started chatting like mad, telling us all about how he'd been on TV and radio and so on. I told him we ought to get his autograph and he whipped out a pen and signed my napkin! We each got a picture with him. He was awfully sweet and it was such a nice encounter. Carnation Cafe was awesome, btw.

We also had a CM at the DLH make special arrangements to move us into a better room when we requested a change. We were supposed to have 2 queen beds but somehow ended up with a teeeeeeeeny tiny room with a double bed. We'd been told the hotel was booked, but CM Lisa went in the back and when she came back out, we had a king suite in the Dreams tower overlooking DTD!

I also liked our guide, Robert, on the Holiday Tour. And I now love all the Billys in the Golden Horseshoe, especially singer Billy who made my old heart pump when he sang to me :lovestruc

Aww thats so awesome, its definately one of my fave parts of DL!!! Love those special CM's!

I had an awesome CM at the Tour Center named Jeremy, who totally turned it around when Mom showed up with her two boys for the Discover the Magic Tour 15 minutes late. While I was crying and trying to recover my composure, he talked to my boys and gave them tips about how to discover the magic on our own. He gave the boys the tour pins, and some special fast passes and then the grand finale was reserved parade seating. He really made the difference for that day for us.

Casey at the DLH...why...he made our stay extremely magical by upgrading us to the Mickey themed suite.

Lady Barbie from PFF. She was awesome last year when we went. While there in November we asked for her and she came to see us!! She was so thrilled that we remembered her and asked about her. Bonus: she remembered us and Jerrin's name.

The costume sounds like Off the Page or the Disney Animation building.

It probably wasn't a Cast Ambassador, though. They're busy enough that they generally don't come into the parks unless it's part of their official duties, from my experience.

maynard.jpg

Mr. Maynard Smith.

:banana:

Linda and Peggy at Baby Care. They are like family (but then, we go to BC just to hang out with them sometimes). My girls have to give them hugs before they leave. Barbara (during the week), too. The newer Barbara and Michelle are also fabulous. And Blanche.

Heck - all the girls there get my vote.:thumbsup2

Ive got to toss in Phil.. from Haunted Mansion... Last May when my dd was in a wheelchair due to her broken ankle Phil was Awsome. For it being her Birthday celebration as well not her favorite way to celebrate being in a CAST. I remembered reading here about getting Death Cert from Haunted CM's.. I thought to simply ask. Phil joked with daughter about how she broke her ankle.. playing Lacrosse,..,, it made her feel not as difficult as she felt from being in a cast and wheelchair, ya know 16 yr old. haha. well Phil walked away.. apologised for needing to get to his break,,, but told us to not go anywhere.. ran around the corner.. then.. a few moments later came up to us.. with not one but TWO Death certificates. Telling her she has already passed the test on dying hahah,..
that was great but troughout the day we ran acrosse him .. every time he remembered her name.. and made a point to come see how she was doing. Then on our last day of our 4 day trip. we were wandering past the Wheelboat.. and guess who we saw again,,, Phil. different uniform.. he stopped what he was doing came up to us.. and asked how our last day was going.. told us to enjoy and be safe... . that spoke volumes.. . Im sure he sees zillions of people.. but then to remember.. us.. and.. even that it was our last day.. wow..

OTHER KUDOS go to one "hottie" as my dd says.. .. Abe from Autotopia. He and daughter hit it off talked.. joked.. more on her level.. In talking we discovered that they had a bit in common.. my dd does Extra work,, and was excited for being a extra in the Twilight Movie.. and Abe..he is in the music business.. the two have since become friends .. we look forward to saying hi when we make our visit in a few days... . .

Sosai your picture is too funny!!

Maynard is a character, seriously. I've seen him recently at the Opera House greeting people!

I have to give it too my favorite CM's over at the Wine Tasting Bar. I love Elizabeth, Harold and there is one more I forget his name every time Opps. They are always so nice and helpful, I love when they are there. Especially since the wine bar is one of my hidden treasures, when in the parks.

I have to mention Linda at the Front Desk of the GCH. She always makes it seem like she is welcoming you into her own home.

Jerry at Paradise Pier Concierge lounge went above and beyond and made our trip extra magical. This guy is awesome!
DSC03735.jpg

Art from Cafe Orleans. Such a sweetheart and so kind and friendly! He was cracking us up...such a kind man. I can't remember his name but there was a CM from muppet vision playing with kids while we were waiting and the kids were having a blast :)

When we were checking out in CA at the main store by the entrance the cashier was an older man I believe his name was Bruce. He was so sweet and helpful.

Our maids in the GCH were great too. Every day they'd arrange the kids stuffed animals in a cute pose, and every morning as we'd leave the room they'd stop us and fuss over how cute the kids outfits were.

We did encounter a few less than pleasant CM's too, but their names didn't stick out to me because they were very brief encounters.

There is a waitress at the Storyteller's who was probably a 50 something woman with short redish brown spiky hair. She was lovely!

I'm not normally this bad with names, but we've got a lot going on right now. :)

There is a waitress at the Storyteller's who was probably a 50 something woman with short redish brown spiky hair. She was lovely!
:)

She's my favorite waitress at Storyteller's too! She knew what I wanted before I even ordered it! Such a nice lady.

I also love Cappy who is a turnstile CM at the GCH private entrance. Older gentleman, very sweet.

I took my niece and nephew to disneyland this past week and one of the evenings as it was getting close to closing time and the park was pretty dead we headed to the Haunted Mansion for one last ride. The guy outside greeted us and said we might have a private elevator. Sure enough we did. John Paul (sp?) was the elevator operator and he was SO MUCH FUN! My little niece is 9 and she always gets a little freaked in there. As we walked in he stared at all of us and began to walk towards us as the doors closed. My niece was hiding behind her older brother and we were cracking up as he kept trying to get to her and she was cracking up and trying to hide. He proceeded with his lines which he delivered soooo great and then at the end Jack didn't show up on the ceiling. His response was "ahh it seems we are experiencing a technical glitch, it looks like the spirits are acting up again", it was just sooo fun and made the night. As we exited the room and headed to the buggys he was following behind us and snuck up and made us all jump. It was one of my fave memories from the trip and it's all my niece talked about. She wanted to ride it all the time after that to see if he was there, and in the hotel she would walk around twidling her fingers like he did. I did go to city hall and leave a comment card about how great he was! :goodvibes

:headache: No particular favorite,

but i can tell you my least favorite,

TJ,

usually works at the train station. HE IS SO MEAN!!!!!!! never lets you on the train even if its half empty, he just lets is leave,

has happened to me so many times :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter