Favorite Advent Calendars??

My Target already had their inventory of the 12 days of socks out!

Thanks to whoever gave the heads up on the Tsum Tsum Calendar It was on sale this week at Target and I was able to use my 25% off 1 toy on it too. DD & DS both want "a dozen Tsum Tsums" so I think they will like this! I debating about making it an early gift from Santa, though there is a "only at Target" on the box. I may need to cover with a sticker..... hmmmm. I have a few weeks to figure it out. It won't be presented until Dec 1st (I know they won't be able to wait to open the first box).

Love this thread! Only this season have I discovered all the adult advent calendars....beauty, jams, teas, wines....anything you can think of, there's an advent calendar for it!

My DH is getting the Star Wars advent, as per tradition, and I'm doing a homemade calendar. Anyone familiar with those Kidrobot Blind Box Vinyl mini series of toy figures? I bought 24 Bob's Burgers blind boxes, and I'll do that for my countdown! DH bought an unopened box on Ebay, for cheaper than what each costs at our local Box Lunch store. (20 in unopened box, and we bought 4 from Box Lunch.)

Chelle

I stopped back at Target on my way through and was able to get six sets of the 12 Days of Socks! I ended up with two mens Star Wars, two womens Disney, one womens Animals, and one mens Christmas set. I stopped at two different Costco locations and they were both sold out of the Brewer's Advent Calendar:(. I checked back on the other one at BoozeBud and see they've now raised the price by $10 plus shipping. Too bad the sock one isn't a 24 day set, I want the college kids to have theirs while still in school. They get out the 12th of December so when they get home they won't have anything to open each day like the rest of us. The sock calendar was so inexpensive though I might pick up a couple more cheaper calendars of some kind for them to have while they are home.

I’ve been wanting the Disney 12 Days of Christmas socks from Target and they were finally in stock online this morning! Bought them about 6AM. So they do restock them, you just have to keep checking or if you have the Target app, it will alert you if you set it up to. Still haven’t found the Harry Potter ones anywhere but it was a nice surprise this morning!

My Target had one set of Harry Potter socks yesterday afternoon, and they were swiped instantly!

Bumping up this old thread, I was in Costco yesterday and found the Brewer's Advent Calendar that I had searched all over for last year! I really wasn't expecting it to be out so early, and there were several other people grabbing one when I picked up my two. I guess I better get busy figuring out which ones to get the rest of my family, it's coming sooner than I thought!

Happy to see this thread resurrected for 2018! With as popular as the Target socks were last year, I have to believe they will be back this year. And Harry Potter seems to be "trending" again (not that it ever went AWAY) so I would not be surprised to see something HP themed. Maybe socks, maybe something else?
My DD's BFF is a huge Harry Potter fan, and her mom and I searched for weeks to no avail. We are big Disney fans and my DD wanted the Disney ones but everytime I looked they weren't available either. I didnt try too hard though, as she already had another advent calendar. Oddly enough, when I went to Target the day after Christmas for clearance wrapping paper, I spotted a stack of the Disney ones, included in the 50% off holiday clearamce sale. So I got them for $7.50 I think and have them put away with our Christmas decorations. She will be surprised this December. Now I'm just curious what NEW ones will come out this year. She is spoiled, and I can forsee her having multiple advent calendars if there is anything great.

Last edited:

I get any type, without the chocolate
For a treat it will be a mini chocolate bar (left over from Halloween) or a
Hershey kiss

We have already bought DS a Lego Star Wars calendar and looking for a tsum tsum one for DD. I missed the HP and Disney socks last year at Target, so will be watching for them this year.

I always like ones with just the pictures. We get enough stuff through the holidays, I don't need to add something behind every advent calendar door.

The Target socks were a huge hit with us last year. As excited as I am about finding the Brewer's calendar, at $60, now I have to up the budget for everyone else's calendars this year, lol.

The Bonne Maman calendars were released on Amazon today. 24 cute jars of jam for $29.99. I picked two of them up - last year I tried to get one and it sold out before I could!

I always like ones with just the pictures. We get enough stuff through the holidays, I don't need to add something behind every advent calendar door.
I accidentally did that two years ago by mistake. My kids were like “what the heck!?” Actually two got just the pictures, the other three got chocolate. All teenagers. Needless to say, they got Cadbury ones last year.

argh too late---odds of stock re-appearing?

WOW - that was fast! I subscribed to their newsletter last year in the hopes of getting one. I got the e-mail today at 1:24 that they'd been released, and I ordered mine at 1:42. I don't know if they'll restock or not - I don't think they did last year. :(

Holy cow. I am glad I got my Bonne Maman calendar for my DH on Monday. My DD told me I should have bought extra to resell later in the season. A great way to make money, but I don't roll that way. I would rather let other people get them for the intended sale price.

I went to Costco in St. Louis yesterday and they don't have the Brewer's Advent Calendar yet and are not sure when they will get them. They will only know 2 days out. I guess I will have to call them every couple of days.

I think for my DD I will do a lottery ticket advent calendar. She loves scratch off tickets, so I think I will do some $1s for the first 10 days, $2s and $3s for the second 10 days and finish up with some bigger ones for the end of the month. I think it will kill her to have to wait every day. LOL

I went to Costco in St. Louis yesterday and they don't have the Brewer's Advent Calendar yet and are not sure when they will get them. They will only know 2 days out. I guess I will have to call them every couple of days.

The Costco where I found mine is in Colorado, FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter