fathers day

sez

Earning My Ears
As it's fathers day when we're at WDW in June,I wondered if anyone had any ideas of something a bit special that we could do to surprise him?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:bounce:

Our first trip as a family to WDW in 1999 - we had a Father's Day and, quite by accident, went to one of the Malls for shopping - DH was presented with baseball cap and free coupon/discount book for the shops . . . . and then in the evening we went to a restaurant (can't remember which one, sorry) and the first beer of the evening was on the house for all dads (and he managed somehow to get two . . .).

The Americans love to celebrate Mother and Father days :bounce: :bounce:

I did well last year - I had the UK Mothering Sunday here in March, and the US Mothers Day in May when we were in WDW!!

Don't forget to take a card with you as the dates are different for Special Days in the US.

The something special depends on what you want to spend.
At the top end of the scale could be the Richard Petty driving experience or a trip in a hot air balloon.
A bit cheaper, if he likes trains, there is a trip from Orlando to Mount Dora on a restored line and I think it includes lunch.
You could book an airboat ride or go to the Rodeo or a baseball game.
If cost is a factor why not let him choose what you do that day and where you eat.There are Helicopter rides for Tourists on Int. Drive and on 192.
Fantasy of Flight has Vintage Aircraft and Simulators.
There are several go-carting tracks.
Orlando Carriage rides does Horse-drawn carriage rides for up to 4 people.
Or you could go really mad and suggest Bungee Jumping at Old Town!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

is it the UK or the US father's day? I also got two mother's day's last year - and we were in Epcot for the US one. I got a flower as I entered the park.

Bev

Bev-it's the UK fathers day,I'm not sure when the US one is.Anyway I've got some good ideas now.Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter