FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That's what I figured but wondered since it was an actual separate ticket and not a park hopper. I appreciate this awesome resource you've created, MesaBoy. We hit 60 days in less than 2 weeks and I'm using your suggestions to help our selections.

I don't think that will mess anything up, but I wish I could tell you that with 100% confidence. Good luck, and by the way thanks for being a helpful contributor to these threads. :goodvibes
Thanks for the honest answer .... We may not risk it. Appreciate all you do to keep this thread running. It's a wonderful resource. Happy to help where I can. :)

If you plan on doing AK in the morning and then MK for the party, you could forgo AK fastpasses and just book MK 4-7, correct?

Has anyone attempted this? If you use your 3:30-4:30 fastpass at 3:45, can you move your 4:30-5:30 fastpass to an earlier one, like 4:00-5:00? Subject to availability of course.

Has anyone attempted this? If you use your 3:30-4:30 fastpass at 3:45, can you move your 4:30-5:30 fastpass to an earlier one, like 4:00-5:00? Subject to availability of course.

I haven't done this yet myself, but others report that as soon as you have checked in at the Mickey reader, you can begin moving your next FP time earlier (subject to availability).

We tried to keep up and follow the old thread. Life gets in the way so it's hard to stay current with all the info

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

But what is the best attack plan for actually booking your fastpass+ reservations?
Should you go into your booking window MDE account knowing what times and attractions you want to book?
Or just a list of each days priorities and take the times Disney gives you and change around later?

Based in booking our WDW dining and now DCL actives and so forth
During the time it takes you to book one thing....your next time sells out in that time you spent booking the other thing

Not sure if fastpass reservations are like this. As we have never made them under the new system.

Obviously one would think you start with the absolute must dos and work backwards.
Just uncertain how picky with times and so forth when your booking window opens. Or,if we can get away with picking the attractions we want (at whatever time give)
And then amending times etc after booking fastpass for every day during your trip.
That way at least you get all the attractions you want and don't miss out.just might not be at your preferred time. Unless you can change this later

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

But what is the best attack plan for actually booking your fastpass+ reservations?
Should you go into your booking window MDE account knowing what times and attractions you want to book?
Or just a list of each days priorities and take the times Disney gives you and change around later?

Thanks.

When I started ours, I knew which parks on each day and an idea of attraction and times. When my window opened on August 29th, I started with the end of our trip and worked backwards. I picked the 3 rides and they assigned the times. Mostly I changed the times right away, especially with the hard to get items, but some of them I left knowing I could go back later. I even went back in today and changed more times around, although I wasn't able to make changes to Seven Dwarfs or Toy Story Mania.

I have my days 'planned' out already so I have written down what parks I'll be at each day and what rides I would like in the morning and afternoon. And my FP+ doesn't open until the end of November. LOL!

I have my days 'planned' out already so I have written down what parks I'll be at each day and what rides I would like in the morning and afternoon. And my FP+ doesn't open until the end of November. LOL!

Our window does not open until Nov as well
We were thinking about making our FP+ plans now. So all we have to do is jump online when our window opens and book
Did this for dining and for our DCL cruise and was a lifesaver. Even with everything planed out we watched as things sold out while booking ands could not imagine what I would have ended up...had we not pre planed everything and was attempting to make it up as we booked

So looks like it's best to pre plain each day and just book based upon your list

Thanks everyone!

OK..I've been playing around with the FP+ interface on MDE for a little bit...I'm mostly concerned about trying to get Anna and Elsa and SDMT. I'm trying to get them on the second to last day of our trip..

When I was playing around, I found I had a lot more flexibility for looking at times if I just scheduled my FP+ first, then went and copied that to DH separately, and then again separately copied to my friend (3 adults total). I was practicing with ETWB/Thunder/Space...Thunder and Space had lots of availability, but ETWB I had to do the overlapping times deal (ended up with a 20 min window where all 3 could use the FP).

Is it safe to assume that I should just start with that method (scheduling me, then copying 1 at a time) on the day we do A&E/SDMT?

Oh, and a follow on question...

When choosing the times Disney gives you (before going in and modifying) - which is the better route to go? To take what's closest to the schedule that you want? Or to take the opposite schedule (like if you wanted 9am/10am/11am ish times, then you'd accept the 5pm/6pm/7pm options and then modify to the morning)

I believe you can do this once you clear the last Mickey head checkpoint at the 1st attraction, however moving up other attractions will be based on availability.

It won't let me book past my resort stay even though I have a park ticket for days longer. :( Can you only book fast pass+ selections only the time you stay at their resort at the 60 day window? I thought it was for the length of your ticket. SO confused.

OK..I've been playing around with the FP+ interface on MDE for a little bit...I'm mostly concerned about trying to get Anna and Elsa and SDMT. I'm trying to get them on the second to last day of our trip.. When I was playing around, I found I had a lot more flexibility for looking at times if I just scheduled my FP+ first, then went and copied that to DH separately, and then again separately copied to my friend (3 adults total). I was practicing with ETWB/Thunder/Space...Thunder and Space had lots of availability, but ETWB I had to do the overlapping times deal (ended up with a 20 min window where all 3 could use the FP). Is it safe to assume that I should just start with that method (scheduling me, then copying 1 at a time) on the day we do A&E/SDMT?

Yes, based on my experience I'd plan that last MK day first to give you the best chance of getting A&E and yes, you'll likely need to split the party if it's large. We did all MK days first, then booked FP+ for other parks.

I actually didn't even put A&E on my list, but I will try for them. Just don't want to put too much pressure on myself this far out. I'll add them in closer to November. :)

I just made my selections for Fast Pass, and I thought they allowed for park hoppers now. I made selection for the morning at AK and wanted to make one for Epcot in the evening but it won't let me. Is this not possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!