Fashionistas

Missiepie, NO you are not over the top! I think the Hawaiian shirts will look great and very appropriate. I bet others will wish they ahd thought of it! And tblwriter, glad I could help (giving you something else to obsess about) LOL! :earsgirl:

Well, this one just goes beyond my planning priorities. In theory, I think it's a fun idea. In reality, unless it was subtle, dh would be rolling his eyes and shaking his head at me, not only for the notion of 'coordiinating to each other and the day's activities' but at how much I would end up spending to clothe all of us in this fashion!

Sorry, we are more of a 'come as you are' bunch.

minmate said:
we are more of a 'come as you are' bunch.

Same here. My DH would think I was ridiculous and would be miserable if I 'made' him wear certain things. He picks his own clothes and packs his own suitcase.

I plan my outfits carefully, but let the rest of my group kind of do their own thing.

I am always on the lookout for things to "wear to DisneyWorld." Every time I see a Mickey shirt or a cute backpack, comfy shoes, etc., I think "This is perfect for Disney!" Even though my next trip is still 7 months away. :sad2: :teeth:

megrod74 said:
Same here. My DH would think I was ridiculous and would be miserable if I 'made' him wear certain things. He picks his own clothes and packs his own suitcase.
Yeah, but there's a difference between "making" him wear certain things (I definitely wouldn't go there either) and knowing that he brought an orange shirt so you'll wear your orange shirt the same day.

Well, I don't go out and buy special "new" clothes, but I pack my comfy, but nice t-shirts, then look at what I have and pick what I think the best for each park. Like my brownish Rocky Mountain National Park shirt with animal prints on it for AK, and my yellow sparkly Pooh for MK. MGM and EPCOT are a little harder and I usually end up with one of my traditional Mickey, Minnies, Eeyore, Grumpy's or Tinks. But first is comfort. I also do try to match earrings, I have special earrings that have a star and the word "Wish" on it that I wear to MK, and of course my Eeyore ones when I wear my Eeyore shirts etc. Now DH, he's on his own.

tlbwriter said:
Yeah, but there's a difference between "making" him wear certain things (I definitely wouldn't go there either) and knowing that he brought an orange shirt so you'll wear your orange shirt the same day.

That's true ;)

Usually I don't buy anything unless it is on clearance or half off, but this time I splurged. I actually do have several other pieces of clothing I will bring to wear because they are Disney items, a pair of denim overall shorts with Pooh on them that my DSis bought me on clearance for $1.99 and a Mickey shirt that I bought for $3.99 at the Disney store. I paid a lot more for the PJ's but like I said that was a splurge and we all wanted them because they are so cute. If they had not gone on sale when they did, I would have waited until they were on the clearance rack.

Gosh... since we do at least 2 parks everyday, Do I dress the top half for the morning park and the bottom half for the afternoon park? And if we visit a 3rd in the evening do I go with themed shoes for that? :rotfl2:

What if we are going to Blizard Beach for part of the day? Do I wear a towel wrapped around my MK themed outfit?

Actually the only special clothing we ever did was hawaiian clothes for the Luau. We wanted to look good for that group photo.

When my child was young I used to take bright colored caps that matched her tshirt....helped to find her in autograph crowd frenzy.

My DH would shoot me if I tried to coordinate our clothing in any way. :rotfl: We are generally OK though because he likes jewel tones and I like jewel tones so we are usually in the same color family. The only bottoms he wears are jeans or khakis so I am always safe. Since I usually have capris of some color or another on, we generally look pretty good together.

The thought has NEVER dawned on me to coordinate my clothing with the parks. We always park hop so that wouldn't work. Plus, I'm a "mood" dresser and want to wear whatever I am in the mood for when the mood strikes.

Thanks for asking this question though. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the theme dressers now!

If DD (9) and I have matching t-shirts we wear them. That is because by the afternoon I am a bit like Dorie from Nemo. This way if I lose my DD and a CM were to ask what she was wearing, all I have to do is look down and describe my shirt! :crazy:

marmar said:
Gosh... since we do at least 2 parks everyday, Do I dress the top half for the morning park and the bottom half for the afternoon park? And if we visit a 3rd in the evening do I go with themed shoes for that? :rotfl2:

What if we are going to Blizard Beach for part of the day? Do I wear a towel wrapped around my MK themed outfit?

Layers! Wear your morning park shirt on top, your afternoon park shirt underneath. Just peel off that top layer and you're ready for the next park! :rotfl2:

orginally posted by Kaycee
I'm the same way. I make a list of outfits I'm taking then decide which outfit best fits the theme and "feel" of each day's plans.

I don't go overboard of course. We dress for comfort - tee shirts or tanks with shorts. But I still consider the colors and styles of our outfits for each day. For me it's just another fun part of planning a WDW trip, and it helps to pass the time while I'm waiting for the countdown timer to tick away

We think alike! I could have written this!! :flower:

I always co-ordinate or blend colors for me, Joe and our 2 boys.It makes it easy to know what I'm packing and what's going to be worn on what day.Besides they're guys...they'd rather have me do it than do it themselves anyway! ;)

baggypants, you're gonna have to post what you're wearing the night you're eating at Rose & Crown since we'll be there too! It'll help me know what to look for!! You're awesome to have it figured out that far!!

:rotfl: I was just at the mall on Saturday getting shirts for the kids & me. DH won't go for it at all, so he will just stick out like a sore thumb.

I found a Kermit shirt on sale, so that is my MGM shirt. The boys have Power Rangers shirts (and they are all identical).

I then found one of Dory that has "I'm Confused but I don't know Why?" on it, I couldn't resist it, so that will be the one I wear to EPCOT. We have a Princess breakfast, so my DD picked out a Princess shirt.

Then DD's favorite is Pooh bear and we are eating at Crystal Palace, she found a shirt she liked with Pooh bear that said Hug Me. I was looking and found an Eyeore shirt for me that is in the exact same color. So, we will be wearing those that day. I found a general Mickey one for the boys.

We also have breakfast in the Castle on our last day and DD got another Princess shirt that has the castle on it, etc... so that will be for that day.

I'm trying to decide if I should get the boys something with Tigger and save the Mickey shirts for the last day or just a different Mickey type thing. We also have Liberty Tree Tavern scheduled so either will work.

I just need to get DD something for AK & MGM and a couple more for me.

Edited to say - besides doing this because DD thinks it will be fun (she already informed me she wants to dress in characters shirts everyday), I'm fairly certain at some point in time we will be trying to find at least 1 of the boys and it will be easier to spot with them all dressed alike! (DD has already asked if we can get matching shirts now since the boys have them!). The boys don't really care...I just hand them clothes and they put them on.

When I was young my Mother was heavily into matching outfits- all of which she sewed herself. On one big cross country trip the family went to DL and my mother insisted that we all wear matching outfits- all 4 kids wore blue shorts and red and white checked shirts. Mom wore a blue skirt and the same shirt. Dad refused. Mom pleaded and begged but he was adamant. After we arrive the kids and mom pose for dad in front of the castle. What we didn't notice until we got home and viewed the slides was that there was a man standing right next to us-wearing blue shorts and a red and white shirt!!!!! None of us had noticed him at the time. For years Mom joked about what a lovely family portrait we had had taken at DL- with Dad and all!!!

This has been fun! Just to clarify a couple of things - I only meant this thread to be for fun, hope everyone takes it that way! I don't "make" DH wear, or do, anything. We are in our 50's, been married a long time. He has come to accept the fact that I have all the taste in the family. He doesn't care WHAT he wears. We don't "match" we just co-ordinate so we don't clash. When we were dating, he showed up one night in plaid pants and a flowered shirt. He thought that since they were both in the same colors it was OK! Now, if I didn't really love him or have my priorities straight, would I have left the house with him? Believe me, he is HAPPY to let me plan what we will wear, and he is proud of how we look and enjoys the compliments. LIZ, I will get back to you - BTW, I changed my seating to 7:10 for Rose and Crown. I will have my lime green Mickey head hanging off my bag for sure (whether it clashes or not, LOL) but I don't know yet what I'll be wearing that day! We will definitely have to have a drink! Love You All, Sheryl (AKA baggypants) :earsgirl:

If my DH and I match (same color jeans and sweatshirt) I always tease him and say "Oh look, we're twins" :rotfl: He will run back into the house and change! :rotfl2: However, I am buying him new clothes to wear for our trip because he is not going to wear any shirts with stains on them or jeans with holes in them. I do have a reputation to uphold...I may run into fellow DISer's! :goodvibes

What a fun thread! I love it because I'm the same way - AND - I'm in my 50's too! (DH just turned 60...aaak!) I always plan every outfit for both of us when we are on vacation. I try on each outfit from head to toe in front of a full length mirror and then put it together in one of the large baggies for each day. I used to wear jewelry to WDW, but now just a watch and maybe a necklace for an evening dinner at the resorts - it's too warm and uncomfortable. After I get MY outfits coordinated, DH gets into the act. He first lays out everything he thinks he'll like and then asks me to put the shirts/shorts/slacks together for him. It's fun and we have enjoyed packing together for many years. We also have a few "WDW" outfits that stay packed in the suitcase - Mickey items we bought at the Disney Store. DH wouldn't be caught dead in those shirts anywhere except at WDW! I have a DIS shirt, but I haven't convinced him to get one of those.....yet :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter