FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused with so many changes happening with the requirements to travel. Is there anyone well-versed in the rules who can summarize the following for me?
1) To travel by plane OUT of a Canadian airport, does EVERYONE have to be vaxxed or just those 12+?
2) To return to Canada by plan, you don't need to be vaxxed if you're a Canadian citizen, but those 12+ who are unvaxxed must provide negative Covid test? Will rapid test work or does it have to be PCR?
3) quarantine still required for unvaxxed 12+ or all unvaxxed?
4) can you freely drive to US with unvaxxed 12+ and return as long as you have a negative PCR or antigen and quarantine?
Thanks
I'm not sure about most of the unvaccinated requirements, but from reading through all restrictions recently, I'm pretty certain that regarding 1) you are suppose to be vaccinated to enter the U.S. by plane if you are not a U.S. citizen. I think you can contact a U.S. embassy regarding medical exemptions. Of course data is constantly being updated and some things I read could be outdated but as of the time I read it that was a requirement.

On that note, curious to know what people are showing for proof of vaccination? Can anyone speak to that? Just the form received?

I'm not sure about most of the unvaccinated requirements, but from reading through all restrictions recently, I'm pretty certain that regarding 1) you are suppose to be vaccinated to enter the U.S. by plane if you are not a U.S. citizen. I think you can contact a U.S. embassy regarding medical exemptions. Of course data is constantly being updated and some things I read could be outdated but as of the time I read it that was a requirement.

On that note, curious to know what people are showing for proof of vaccination? Can anyone speak to that? Just the form received?
At the land border we have our QR codes in the iphone health app (It shows the ON gov as the source). We also print out the official doc from the Ontario gov site showing all 3 doses.

Driving to the US we weren't asked to show anything. I have the QR codes on my phone. Driving home we had the ArriveCan app which has those as part of the information asked for about the travellers.

I kept checking appt availability with Life Centers and today lucked out, they opened all weekend dates in July so I was able to book an appt for the 4 of us for the Saturday night before our Monday cruise!
We cruise beginning of October. How do you book this? Do they come to your room at your Disney resort? Any help would be wonderful, we need 4 antigen tests to board our cruise (RCCL Harmony of the Seas) 24 hours in advance so would need to book us all something on Saturday Oct 8.

We cruise beginning of October. How do you book this? Do they come to your room at your Disney resort? Any help would be wonderful, we need 4 antigen tests to board our cruise (RCCL Harmony of the Seas) 24 hours in advance so would need to book us all something on Saturday Oct 8.
It's a telehealth appt so you do it online over zoom (or I think they use Google meets?) You just use the free tests we get from the government (the ones in the green boxes).

It's a telehealth appt so you do it online over zoom (or I think they use Google meets?) You just use the free tests we get from the government (the ones in the green boxes).
Thank you! I found AZOVA online and think that might be the best one, so I will probably register us all through there....with that said, I will also look into this life centre too, as the AZOVA one charges $20 per person, no option to add the other 3 on for $5 each

Yes, I still don’t understand why it’s relatively easy & cheap in Alberta & Ontario and not most elsewhere. But even with it being easy in Alberta, I chose to go with Switch Health, as I want to do the test early in the morning before checking in for my flight..just in case.

By the way people, check your health & wellness spending plans. I was able to claim the antigen test on my Wellness Spending. (Health Spending requires prescription)
I’m wondering why you’d need a prescription for health spending account, that’s for bits and bobs that aren’t covered. I think I’ll be able to put it through my health spending (AB blue cross/ government AB plan)

Use this thread for posting any questions about Covid Testing in Orlando for Canadians.
Information below current as of April 5, 2022

Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ovid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada
Starting April 25, 2022,
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...ng-of-border-measures-effective-april-25.html

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children aged 5-11 who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor will no longer be required to complete a pre-entry COVID-19 test for entry to Canada. Pre-entry tests will still be required for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers 12 and older who are currently eligible to travel to Canada. Children under 5 years of age are not required to provide a COVID-19 test result.

Additionally, all fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to provide a quarantine plan upon entry. This requirement will also be removed for children aged 5-11 who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent, step-parent, guardian, or tutor and travellers with a medical contraindication to a COVID-19 vaccine.

Furthermore, fully vaccinated travellers arriving to Canada on or after April 25, 2022, will no longer be federally required to do the following for 14 days after arriving:

• mask while in public spaces;
  • monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms;
  • quarantine if another traveller in the same travel group exhibits signs or symptoms or tests positive; and
  • maintain a list of close contacts and locations visited.

Links to free testing that fellow Canadians have used in Florida. Use your Hotel address when booking.

Walgreens
- Can book 7 days in advance i.e. if March 17, can book March 24; appears to refresh around midnight ET (Updated Mar 17, 2022)
Drive Thru, requires a rental car or taxi.
Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) is accepted for travel to Canada. Results in around an hour or less (Molecular Test)
Has a question that asks if test is related to travel. Just need Name, Address(use Hotel address), DOB, email, ph# to book appointment. Bookings in 15 min slots. Need to book Individual appt for each person. Can all do the test at the same time. Will ask for Name and DOB when you arrive.
https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing
BeeperMD - Allows booking in advance, They come to your hotel. (Molecular or Rapid Antigen)
PCR Covid Test - Results in 24-36 Hours
Choose 2 hour window. Can pay $15 to select 1 hour window. There are reports that BeeperMD may not show up, so have a backup plan if that happens.
https://beepermd.com/
CVS Pharmacy - Can book up to two weeks in advance. Drive-thru test (vehicle recommended)
Molecular PCR Test - Results in 1-3 days.
Answer Yes to the first question to qualify for the free test: Are you seeking a test to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 for future travel or recreation (according to CDC guidelines)?
Location closest to WDW:
W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Kissimmee Covid - 19 Testing Site,
6085 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial, Kissimmee, FL 34747
https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
Curative is no longer providing free testing to those without insurance. Be aware that other locations may do same.

Additional Options can be found here:
https://www.osceola.org/covid19testing/
Options that are not Free
Alliance Health

https://alliance.health/orlando/
MCO Orlando Airport $175 USD.
Approx 60 minutes for results. Walk-In is based on availability, appointment is highly recommended.
https://centracare.adventhealth.com/urgent-care/covid-19-testing-orlando-international-airport
or
https://mco.gomeyra.cloud/services/tests
For more info:
https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/coronavirus-covid-19/
Telehealth Testing Options you can purchase prior to your trip

https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan#collectionKitsFor Return to Canada: Switch Health Covid-19 RT-LAMP Test Kit ($149 for 1 test)
There are reports that the test may not work, so have a backup plan, or bring an extra test kit. Aeroplan is free to sign up.

https://www.azova.com/westjetswoop/For Return to Canada: Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit (LAMP/NAAT) ($115USD for 1 test)

Use your own Test Kit
https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/

https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan#collectionKitsSwitch Health Rapid Antigen Test Kit ($79 for 2 tests)
Can share test with 2 travelers by adding additional traveler as dependent in your account. This allows you to take the test at the same time. Very smooth process, allow 30 minutes from start to finish.

There are companies offering Telehealth options that you can use with Rapid Antigen test kits that you may have received from your province or purchased in store.

Testing Requirements for Travelling to the US

TESTING NO LONGER REQUIRED AS OF JUNE 12, 2022.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
You will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight. Age 2 and up.

If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

The U.S. will accept a Viral Antigen Test (aka Rapid Antigen Test), in addition to other options listed on the CDC website. The test just has to be 1 day prior (so if you fly on a Saturday, your test can be anytime on Friday or before your flight on Saturday)

If your province does not have easily accessible options for Rapid Antigen Testing, there is an option you can purchase ahead of time online and do at home from Switch Health.
https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan#collectionKitsSwitch Health Rapid Antigen Test Kit ($79 for 2 tests)
Can share test with 2 travelers by adding additional traveler as dependent in your account. This allows you to take the test at the same time. Very smooth process, allow 30 minutes from start to finish.
Does anyone know how you deal with a situation where an unvaxxed 12+ Canadian citizen has recovered from Covid about 30 days before returning to Canada? What happens with testing? The PCR will most likely still show positive. What documentation do we need before we leave Canada to ensure she's not assumed to be positive again? Granted we can board a plane with a negative antigen but when we get home, will she have to take a day 1 and day 8 test? Will she have to quarantine? I can't find anything on the govt website that addresses this scenario.

Does anyone know how you deal with a situation where an unvaxxed 12+ Canadian citizen has recovered from Covid about 30 days before returning to Canada? What happens with testing? The PCR will most likely still show positive. What documentation do we need before we leave Canada to ensure she's not assumed to be positive again? Granted we can board a plane with a negative antigen but when we get home, will she have to take a day 1 and day 8 test? Will she have to quarantine? I can't find anything on the govt website that addresses this scenario.
My thoughts were they would need to show proof of the positive test result?

Sorry I can't help much, but this relates to me as well which is why I commented. I had to reschedule flights because I caught covid a couple days before our trip. Even though I'm fully vaxxed I could still potentially be stopped for random testing. Would I just tell them I had it 30 days ago? I already did 2 weeks isolation not really interested in repeating that.

All great questions. Things can get really complicated, especially when someone isn't vaccinated.

I don't want to muddy the waters further, so instead I strongly suggest going back to the gov't websites. As confusing as they may be, they are the only 100% reliable source of this information. My read on it is that the proof of recovery (which varies depending where you're going) was primarily a tool to allow you to travel without testing. Is this person going to the States? If so you'll need to look at this:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

Looks like unvaccinated people (who are exempt, such as under 18) are required to test upon arrival, unless they have proof of recovery, which for the US if I recall correctly is an official lab report of infection AND a doctor's letter saying they have recovered and are fit to travel.

As for returning to Canada, I believe regardless of recovery any unvaccinated individuals will need to quarantine for the full 14 days. At least I can't seem to find any exemptions to that based on recent infection - but again please don't take my word for it.

My thoughts were they would need to show proof of the positive test result?

Sorry I can't help much, but this relates to me as well which is why I commented. I had to reschedule flights because I caught covid a couple days before our trip. Even though I'm fully vaxxed I could still potentially be stopped for random testing. Would I just tell them I had it 30 days ago? I already did 2 weeks isolation not really interested in repeating that.

I was wondering if it is now something you can put into ArriveCan? I'm in the same boat as I had COVID-19 in early June so when I go back to Canada, I should be exempt from the random testing (assuming I read the note properly). Not sure if they'll ask in ArriveCan or if it is something you can show if you're randomly selected.

To your last piece - if you're fully vaccinated you do not have to isolate while you wait for your results. Unless you're worried about testing positive still (not sure how long ago you had it)?

Hello all. This site helped me get free testing back in Feb and now looking again. This time we are cruising and need a test to get on a ship. Is there any places near Disney that are still offering free testing or even at a reasonable cost?
thank You

Hello all. This site helped me get free testing back in Feb and now looking again. This time we are cruising and need a test to get on a ship. Is there any places near Disney that are still offering free testing or even at a reasonable cost?
thank You
I had updated the first post here - and forgot to save and have not got back to it 🤦‍♀️ But, most free options are no longer because the US Gov’t no longer pays for the testing. So most places require insurance. So, I don’t know if any places still do for free without US health insurance.

At this point, I’d say the safer bet would be to use one of the Telehealth options like Switch Health or one of the bring your own test options if you have access to the free tests in your province. They are reasonably priced.

I had updated the first post here - and forgot to save and have not got back to it 🤦‍♀️ But, most free options are no longer because the US Gov’t no longer pays for the testing. So most places require insurance. So, I don’t know if any places still do for free without US health insurance.

At this point, I’d say the safer bet would be to use one of the Telehealth options like Switch Health or one of the bring your own test options if you have access to the free tests in your province. They are reasonably priced.
thank you the info you have provided it is so helpful to us all

Has anyone been randomly selected for COVID testing back at their Canadian airport now that testing has returned in Canada? Wondering how that process worked. I know you don't have to get it done at the airport itself, but wondered if you had a choice of where to go?

Has anyone been randomly selected for COVID testing back at their Canadian airport now that testing has returned in Canada? Wondering how that process worked. I know you don't have to get it done at the airport itself, but wondered if you had a choice of where to go?
They give you a take home test to do online

For recent travellers....What form of vaccine proof is required to enter US by air? Is a provincial (manitoba) vaccine card sufficient or do we need to get the pancanadian certificate? Thx for taking time to respond...42 days until vacation!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter