FAQ about the Disney Dining Plan

QUOTE [I wouldn't worry about her being there, just don't tell them. If you aren't going over your numbers allowed, not a big deal.]

Only problem there would be if she needed a room key for Extra Magic Hours or to get in the room without them.

I didn't get a chance to real all the post under this thread. Does anyone know if I can buy the dining package if I am staying at Shades of Green?

shelleyz said:
QUOTE [I wouldn't worry about her being there, just don't tell them. If you aren't going over your numbers allowed, not a big deal.]

Only problem there would be if she needed a room key for Extra Magic Hours or to get in the room without them.

She can use someone elses and just not do the EMH!

I did just call Disney though, to ask how this is done and they said that she can be added when they check in and she does in fact get her own room key, without having to buy the dining plan and that she can NOT have the dining plan for just the 3 nights, nor can she use Magical Express!

brivers222 said:
We have a 2BDR (DVC) booked for 8 nights for myself, DW and DSIL and the three of us are getting the Dining plan for 8 days as required. DW just found out that her cousin will be in town for 4 days out of trip and wants to stayin our room.

MY QUESTION: If she stays with us for the last 3 nights of our trip and WANTS the DP, does she have to pay for all 8 nights or just the 3 she will in our room. If this is not possible we are NOT letting her share a room as it is economical for the three of us to use the Dining Plan for our trip.

I have an idea that might work out for you. Is it possible to split up your DVC reservations into a 5 day and a 3 day and then have them connected back up in the computer? That way you can get dining for the first 5 days for the original group and then dining on the last 3 days for the whole group including your wife's cousin. IIRC, there is no pass purchase requirement for DVC resorts on points.

Possible problems: (1) You will probably have to check out and check in between the two reservations, (2) You probably would not be able to carry over any credits on the first 5 days past midnight the day you check out, (3) You may lose your full housekeeping day (although I think you may be able to get them to reinstate it).

Hi-
I have a couple of questions about adding the dining plan onto an existing reservation? We are booked at CSR from 6/25-7/2, using a convention rate and have received our confirmation. Has anyone added the dining plan onto a convention reservation? If so, should we add it on now or wait until we check-in?

We will not be on a "plan" with tickets, since we have APs, so is this even possible?

We plan a few nicer meals over the course of the trip and have decided that we'll come out ahead with the plan. Also, my understanding is that the current price (for 2006) is $37.99 A/$10.99 C and that if we purchase it we have to purchase it for all 3 of us for all 7 nights, correct?

Thanks in advance!

welovedis said:
Hi-
I have a couple of questions about adding the dining plan onto an existing reservation? We are booked at CSR from 6/25-7/2, using a convention rate and have received our confirmation. Has anyone added the dining plan onto a convention reservation? If so, should we add it on now or wait until we check-in?

We will not be on a "plan" with tickets, since we have APs, so is this even possible?

We plan a few nicer meals over the course of the trip and have decided that we'll come out ahead with the plan. Also, my understanding is that the current price (for 2006) is $37.99 A/$10.99 C and that if we purchase it we have to purchase it for all 3 of us for all 7 nights, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, I don't think you are eligible for the Dining Plan is it must be booked with a package which includes Room and MYW passes. If you have an AP, I've read of other people adding just a one day pass to their room, thereby making it a "package" in order to be able to get the Dining Plan.

And yes, everyone in your room must be on the Dining Plan for the entire length of stay.

Lisa-
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to email the convention planner & see if they have discussed this with Disney to see if it could be made available to convention goers. Not sure if it would be popular with them or not....just an idea.

Ok, onto the next trip then....in Dec we are planning a stay at a DVC resort (renting points), is it true that we can add the dining plan on if we are staying there & have APs?

welovedis said:
Lisa-
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to email the convention planner & see if they have discussed this with Disney to see if it could be made available to convention goers. Not sure if it would be popular with them or not....just an idea.

Ok, onto the next trip then....in Dec we are planning a stay at a DVC resort (renting points), is it true that we can add the dining plan on if we are staying there & have APs?

Yes, you can add the Dp while renting pts at a DVC. I think you have to have the person you are renting points from call and add it, but not positive on that. But Yes, it can be added on, but I don't know who does it..the owner or the renter. You can probably find a definte answer on the DVC PLanning board. I know someone else asked that question as well. HTH

Yes, you can add the dining plan to your reservation yourself without the dvc member having to get involved. We are staying at the BWV 4/2 until 4/7, renting points from a dvc member. When we made the reservation last year, the dining plan was not available to us, but when the rules were changed we decided we wanted it. I called member services last week, gave then my reservation number and was able to add the dining plan. We pay for it at check in! :cool1: :cool1:

Enjoy your trip - we can't wait for ours to start! :banana:

Alright, we are a family of 5. I am thinking of connecting rooms at a value resort. My daughters are 13, 12, and 9. They all eat like birds, very tiny girls. They could never eat an adults meal.

Could I book us as 2 separate parties? Each with a room. One room with an adult and and older kid and the other 3 in a second room. Then, I could get the dining package for just 2 adults and pay for the girls right off the menu.

What do you think?

ffflying

I don't see why you could not do that. The only problem I do see is that your rooms will probably not be together. You could probably request it but I don't know if it will happen. It would work out well for the dining plan though. One room with one adult and one kid gets the dining plan and the other room with one adult and the two other kids doesn't. Then both adults use the dining plan and could even possbily share some of their meal with the picky and tiny eaters.

FFFlying said:
Alright, we are a family of 5. I am thinking of connecting rooms at a value resort. My daughters are 13, 12, and 9. They all eat like birds, very tiny girls. They could never eat an adults meal.

Could I book us as 2 separate parties? Each with a room. One room with an adult and and older kid and the other 3 in a second room. Then, I could get the dining package for just 2 adults and pay for the girls right off the menu.

Yes, you could do that. I would book one room with 1 adult, 1 older kid and the 9 year old. The dining plan for 9 and under is only $10.99 and a bargain no matter how little your kids eat. Make sure that you request connecting rooms on both reservations :). I think kutchyone has a good point about possibly being seperated. However, I don't think you probably will like she does.

kutchyone said:
I don't see why you could not do that. The only problem I do see is that your rooms will probably not be together. You could probably request it but I don't know if it will happen. .

We have only traveled without someone else one time and all of the other 6 trips, we were connected to the other party. This past trip we had FOUR rooms, all next to each other. So, it is very doable and most likely it will happen, so I would go for it.

bwbuddy5 said:
Can I get a salad or soup instead of an appetizer on DDP?

Check out the menus on allearsnet.com, a lot of the restaurants offer soups and salads as apps. Chowder at Kona cafe comes to mind and cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier.

robinb said:
I have an idea that might work out for you. Is it possible to split up your DVC reservations into a 5 day and a 3 day and then have them connected back up in the computer? That way you can get dining for the first 5 days for the original group and then dining on the last 3 days for the whole group including your wife's cousin. IIRC, there is no pass purchase requirement for DVC resorts on points.

Possible problems: (1) You will probably have to check out and check in between the two reservations, (2) You probably would not be able to carry over any credits on the first 5 days past midnight the day you check out, (3) You may lose your full housekeeping day (although I think you may be able to get them to reinstate it).

Thanks for the Ideas... We talked to the other couple and they said that it would be OKay if we didn't get it. In fact the only EMH we would lose out in the Epcot on Friday, but that just means PI and DQ :)

We will try to talk to the front desk on the wednesday when they come in to see what they can do, if anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter